Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411654 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 01:05:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMango Jam - all rotten
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mango Jam - all rotten  (Read 582 times)
aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2013, 11:17:58 PM »

I've got 9 days left until the college semester begins for me. I've been teaching myself to code since march or so and have a pile of half finished projects and prototypes between learning game maker, unity, and web development.

ANYWAYS, I'm gonna jam from now until the 26th and try to finish something playable. My tool of choice, Game Maker. Sure it's not the most powerful thing to use, but it's fun as hell, and I feel like I'm up to par to jam with it.

Why mango jam? becauSe it tastes delicious, and I associate the word jam with mangoes. also, I have no idea what the I'm going to be making is going to be about. I'm just gonna jam and see what happens. no brainstorming even. blank slate

So yeah. needless to say, I'll be posting up my progress in this devlog, or jamlog as I'll be referring to it. nasty as that sounds. whatevs.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:38:35 AM by aberrantmind » Logged

aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 10:53:39 AM »

of course I fall asleep almost immediately after posting this. anyways, got up real early and started pixeling random monsters. I think the game is going to be a simple pitcrawl.

monsters so far:
neuron beast
landsquid
parasitic slug
lizard wizard

so far... top down view. room by room transitions(like lozelda) but battles I think will be more like final fantasy1 sorta deal becuz that sounds like fun. also I don't want to do animations because that eats up time and i suck at it.

!!!!

aberrantmind
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 11:40:08 AM »

long story short underestimated how much free time I'd have before school. ah well. will jam sometime again. for now declaring the mango jam as rotted. all dun fr now.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic