Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 12:44:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSuper Caverns of Shrug
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Super Caverns of Shrug  (Read 607 times)
unusualcadence
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »

Hello everyone!

So earlier this year I made a game for the 7 Day Roguelike Challenge, and I had a bunch of fun doing so. I ended up with a weird sorta action-RPG-lite thing, called Caverns of Shrug.

You can play the flash version here! http://gamejolt.com/games/rpg/caverns-of-shrug/13781/

It's been at the back of my mind ever since, because I think there's a really fun game in there, hidden behind difficult/unpolished presentation, and hampered by under-developed mechanics. So I'm putting on my hard-hat and going back in for a second round of development!

A lot of it is going to be making nice tilesets and sprites, making the combat a little bit faster and varied, improving the merchant mechanic, adding more loot, adding more variety, making the RPG/levelling-up elements more obvious, and other such things to hopefully make it a game that someone would want to play to the end!

At some point I'll probably start dropping alpha builds for feedback. First thing's first though, and that's brushing up the level generation code to allow for 16x16 tiles, and generally making it a little bit more varied!
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 12:18:36 PM »

you ever play streets of rage 2? when Max THunderdick, professional wrestler and playable character, dies in that game, he makes this noise where he nonchalantly goes EHhhhhh. and, resultingly, i think you should incorporate that sound into a game called Caverns of Shrug
unusualcadence
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 12:43:10 PM »

I only know one sound from Streets of Rage 2, and that's "Grand Uppah!" being spammed repeatedly. Oh and that "oooeeeooooeeoo" sound on the Aliens stage.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »

I only know one sound from Streets of Rage 2, and that's "Grand Uppah!" being spammed repeatedly. Oh and that "oooeeeooooeeoo" sound on the Aliens stage.
you are a good and wise man and have played the game correctly
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic