Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 01:22:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWander
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wander  (Read 529 times)
extropic engine
Level 0

Just a friendly reminder

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2013, 08:29:04 PM »

You are a person who has suffered an intense emotional trauma. You travel around a geometric world, finding fragments of your psyche and slowly reassembling the person you once were.

The game is a large open world with no combat and not many obstacles. The focus is mostly on exploration and atmosphere. There are several regions in the world each with a different look and feel. Each region has a set of puzzles that must be solved in order to collect the fragments of psyche from them. The choices the player makes in solving the puzzle affects what kind of psyche fragments they find and will change the personality that the player constructs for themselves in the end.

An incomplete personality is more unstable than no personality at all. As the player progresses through the game, the personality they are building up causes them pain and suffering (represented in game as negative enhancements like slower movement speed or erratic controls). These negative enhancements remain until a balancing aspect of personality can be found to cancel them out.

You can always play the latest version here.

Source code for the game and engine on Github.

An early screenshot:

Current status:

Physics, collision, HUD, and player movement have been implemented. I'm keeping the scope small for my first game. I'm hoping to get the first level finished over the next couple of weeks.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic