Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 01:24:27 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDämmerLicht - Medieval Game - Now on Greenlight!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: DämmerLicht - Medieval Game - Now on Greenlight!  (Read 4072 times)
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2016, 09:18:30 PM »

DämmerLicht

Game Trailer

KickStarter Page

Try the demo here :

DämmerLicht:

Play as Sir PastryFork in a crumbling world, where every single action you take creates a new universe. See how your actions change the different outcomes of this world.

What is it exactly?

(What's the many world theory? How does it affect this game)

DämmerLicht is mainly a top down "rpg"(more like adventure). The most important aspect of this project is that it is mostly based on the many world theories. How does that work? Well the game as different levels (similar to a angry bird or candy crush) But in each level the player will have different outcome depending on what he does. For example if we take Fallout 4 and apply it to this game it would do something like this: you get a quest to rescue someone. Well if you do rescue him, you unlock a level which is the universe/timeline where that character gets saved, if you don't save him, you unlock a level where this character doesn't get saved and let's say you happen to die. Well you unlock another level where You have died.

Current Content:

There's currently only 2 different playable levels, but there's a possibility of unlocking more, there's a total of 6 unlock able levels at the moment.

Controls:

Wasd - Move

E - Speak to nearby NPC

1 - pull out/ sheath your sword

Left/Right arrow keys - Turn/ attack facing direction

Known Bugs:

None that I can think of right now.
Ai is pretty basic(doesn't go around things)
But please report any weird behavior.

Future Development:

If nothing really changes the game should be released before Christmas (Yes this will be quite a simple game)

Things to NOT expect :
-Crafting
-Dungeons
-Equipment System
-Etc..

This is more an adventure game then a traditional RPG.
The main aspect of this game is really the story and different choices.

The final game will include:
-A bigger story
-More levels
-More Npcs
-More Enemies
-Possibility of a small upgrade system (purchasing bonuses)

Game by Royal Tea Time Studio
Twitter : https://twitter.com/RTTStudio
outdated website : RTTStudio.com

Futur music by Logan Hart
Twitter : https://twitter.com/LHartMusic

About Me:
RttStudio is a solo indie game developer, this is my first time posting on tig, so bare with me , also need to get use the forum creation tool... I was hoping to get some feedback for my game and maybe find some people who might enjoy it :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:34:30 PM by RTTStudio » Logged
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:25:04 AM »

What have been done yesterday:

-Made a main character death animation, so character don't just disappear when defeated

-In an attempt to make the combat more interesting I Added a new enemy type (Slimes, 2 different variant) slow monster who
 dash at you from time to time.

-Continued the story board to see what level needs to be done.

-Worked a lot on the village level, area is now "closed" (so the player can't walk away of the level), village is still missing
 some house, couple more sprites, and a couple npcs (This level will be the biggest of the game once it's done other levels
 will be easier to create)

-Made one more house sprite.

-Studied some 2D games, and did a lot of thinking to find a way to make the combat more interesting.

-Started to work on another level which also take place in the village (same map/different scenario)

-Tweaked monster and npcs health and damage.

What I think I'll focus doing today :

- pretty much finishing the visual aspect of the village.

- Add a blocking mechanic

- Create some more of the npc who should be present in the village.

- Work on the gold system(which will later allow to unlock more levels (levels requiring the hero the pay for something))
  as well as maybe adding a small "improvement" system so the player can boost his stats or something similar(character    
  progression)

- Continue the story tree.

- make a death animation for other characters.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:04:01 PM by RTTStudio » Logged
_glitch
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:58:36 AM »

Is the name of your game German?
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 11:23:35 AM »

Yes it is ^^'' I'm just too bad at finding names so I usually end up with pretty weird names for my projects.
_glitch
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »

What means it in English?
And: is it possible that you meant "Dämmerlicht"?
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 11:53:17 AM »

Mainly stands for Dusk can also be read as half-light,twilight,gloaming...
And yeah DämmerLicht, is just that some game site don't really support the ä as well as for people to search it's easier =/

_glitch
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 11:56:41 AM »

Then I have a suggestion for you :D. Why don't you change the name in "Dämmerlicht". It would be more correct. :D
"Daemmerlicht" would also be not bad.

Edit: ah ok. I just read your edit...
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 11:58:09 AM »

yeah I was thinking of doing so ^^ I mean I would prefer it to be accurate. I will probably rename it Smiley
_glitch
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 11:59:43 AM »

yeah I was thinking of doing so ^^ I mean I would prefer it to be accurate. I will probably rename it Smiley

Beer!
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 11:43:01 AM »

What have been done yesterday

-the village layout and visual is nearly complete.(missing 1 or 2 sprite, the rest will be touching up, if I have the time)

-added simple blocking mechanic for the player, when blocking stamina regeneration is stopped and movement speed is reduced by half to prevent player from just constantly blocking. Blocking redirect every hit you receive on you stamina instead of your hp.
(need to add visual to hit (currently there's no difference between blocking and just standing up)

-worked on the game UI ( health slider and stamina slider( probably in their final form)) also added a gold displayso the player know how much golds he own. (golds will persist trough level,saves,etc...)

-With the addition of the blocking mechanic I reworked the damage display feature so when damage is death it's no more displayed in white, but rather in red if it removes health or green/yellow if it removes stamina.

-Worked on the story tree a bit

-Sent a couple emails in an attempt to increase the game following.

What I think I'll focus on today

- Try to add a visual aspect to the blocking, maybe a bubble / magical shield of some sort.

- Add a couple npcs in town.

- Now that the village map is pretty much down, I can start working on other levels that also happens in the village.
  (making at least 1 or 2 new level so I feel like I'm doing actual progress)

- Add at least 1 way to use golds.(Maybe add something like health potions or stats increase.)

Other Info:

-Logan sent me what what will probably be the first game soundtrack(Which I find really good, really happy to work with him)

-Since we now have the soundtrack, today I mostly want to work on things that will be shown in the game trailer.
 (Game Trailer which I'll probably make tomorrow, to soon start the small kickstarter funding)

RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 06:11:17 AM »

- The player blocking is now completely animated(blocking when standing still,when moving, can't attack while blocking, transition between blocking still and blocking moving, etc...)

- Worked on 3 new npcs :
       -Mr.MeatMallet, the blacksmih (will allow some upgrades)
       -Countess Chopstick, a Countess who fled from her kingdom after it's nearly destruction because of the weird phenomenon.
       -The Alchemist, mainly a quest character studying the phenomenon and what is happening.

- Added more dialog to npcs.

- Started to work on the blacksmith improvement panel (which will allow to buy upgrades)

- Worked on a new level (which happens in the village map so not much level design to do there)

- Logan finished the first soundtrack of the game, which will also be the music for the trailer of the game.

- I also started to fill the kickstarter info so we can launch it as soon as possible.

Note: I lost around 2 hours of work following a mistake I made, which had me remake every single house (the entire house sprite sheet) But this won't happen again.

What I plan on doing today:

- Complete the things I plan to show in the trailer.
  (This include the level I started to work on yesterday, some scene with some particular npc and some other things)

- Record game footage.

- Edit the game trailer.

- Speak with logan about the kickstarter.

- Complete the kickstarter so we can send it to approval.
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »

- Created a new level

- reworked the games font, closer to what I want it to look like in the final product.

- recorded game footage.

- started to edit the game trailer.

Note: I completely forgot but yesterday was thanksgiving, so I got quite busy, didn't have as much time as I wanted to work.

- My main focus now is the kickstarter, so finishing the game trailer,
   and editing the kickstarter page so I can send it to approval.

- Then get back to work on the game:

- continue working on the new npcs(dialog)

- start working on the next map ( simple forest/prairie map)
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2016, 11:59:37 AM »

-Did the entire kickstarter page

-Completed the game trailer

-Didn't work much on the game sadly, wanted to optimize the kickstarter page as much as possible.

-Did a small game cover

- promote the kickstarter.

- rework a part of my website.

- finish the last level I started.

- start working on a new map.

Note:

- From now on I'll try to keep a more detailed log at home, registering the hours I work, on what I work...
  (mainly for my personal amusement and knowledge but they'll probably affect this log too)

- As I work on the game I'll start writing the game manual promised in the kickstarter(monster info,lore,part of my gdd...)
_glitch
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »

I love the graphics of the trees.
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2016, 12:06:28 PM »

Thanks man ! Smiley I'm not much of an artist so I past many hours to find an art style that I liked and was able to do Smiley
_glitch
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 12:19:16 PM »

The sprites of the characters remind me of a game I played a few years ago on my phone. I can't remember the name of it; it was about running and avoiding/shooting enemies. Something like Temple Run, but without the feature that you have to change the direction. Your character was a wizard.

The name included "Highway" I think. Maybe it was "Highway of Hell" or something similar...
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »

Oh really? never heard of it, sounds fun. Might check it out Smiley
_glitch
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »

It was fun, but don't rely on my guess of the name. I just googled "Highway of Hell", it was not in the results...
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 12:39:04 PM »

- Most of the day went into the promotion of the kickstarter campaign.

- I also reworked the home page of my website to make it more useful (RttStudio.com)

- On the gamedev side I reworked the levels that I already had especially since I reworked the font I had to adjust text sizes

- I also started to work on a better and more polyvalent AI system

What I'll focus on today:

- Continuing the kickstarter promotion.

- continue working on my new Ai system

- make death animations for other characters.

- Finish up the 3rd level and start working on a new one

- implement the alchemist npc in level 2

Note: I won't have the time to do all those things, it's rather a list of what will be done next.
RTTStudio
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 12:07:58 PM »

-I continued to promote the kickstarter for a couple hours.

-I worked a lot on the new AI that have now a nice target system.
 as well as some other functions.

-Added death animations for every characters.

What I'll focus on today:

-Will probably work on the Ai. Cause I'd like to replace it for the next upcoming demo.

-Work on new levels too.

-Prepare for a new demo build for upcoming promotion.

Note: little messed up gif to show the death animations, can you guess the song? ;P

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic