Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411703 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 19, 2024, 07:06:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1973844 times)
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2420 on: June 24, 2009, 10:48:25 AM »

Oooh, this bodes well for me!  Well, hello there! Hand Metal Right

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
MrChocolateBear
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2421 on: June 24, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »

Perhaps it is a sign of sophistication! lol Gentleman

cocoloco
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: June 24, 2009, 12:54:44 PM »

That's a bad sign for me then.

However, I did stick around long enough to figure out how to finally load an avatar so I think that says something. Hand Thumbs Up Right
deetus
Level 0

NN-TS NN-TS

View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: June 24, 2009, 04:21:48 PM »

Umm, right. Yo, guys. Yo.

I'm this fella who chose the deliciously fun to pronounce username of deetus and I hang out in a sorta cottage county - like town in Canada called Val-Des-Monts in QC. I'm a short 20 minute drive away from Ottawa and I hang out and do high school things like be a guy in high school. It being summer and all that, I've been afforded the time to actually work on fun projects like, well, indie games. And art. I like to draw.

But back to indie games...

I've been hooked to independent stuff since I was 12 and have a bunch of indie games in a folder on my PC. I'm actually working with one of my chums to make our own indie game. It's pretty sketchy, so no promises, but I've got him doing all the coding, leaving me with the easy stuff.

So yeah. Hey, guys. Hey.

EDIT: Now with my sexy mug! But don't get any ideas  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:46:31 AM by deetus » Logged
bDavisOops
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: June 25, 2009, 07:55:46 AM »

I am Ben, hear me R-oops.
Kadoba
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: June 25, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »

Hello, I go by Kadoba. Real name is Casey Baxter. I'm just another indie hopeful

I'm a long time lurker and finally decided to take the plunge and register. I love video games. I love text-based games, shooters, RPGs, puzzle games, indie games, commercial games, In fact there isn't a genre of games that I don't like, unless they're bad games - I don't like those.

But out of all the games I hold near and dear I consider old school Ultima Online the epitome of gaming excellence. Nothing else has ever even compared to me. I've lost so much of my life to that game.

Anyway, making games has always been one of my highest aspirations. In fact it's contributed somewhat for my decision to major in Computer Science. However, most of my programming exposure comes solely from high level languages. I've had long reservations about learning C++ because of it's horribly confusing syntax and complexity but I've recently decided to suck it up and give it a solid go.

As for game projects, even though I get lots of ideas I always seem to aim far too high. I've started so many projects I've lost count. I don't regret it though, each time I get better. I've mostly stuck with game making software such as RPGmaker and Game Maker for a while but I seems to always reach a point where it doesn't seem like I get enough power out of them. So I've decided to try my hand at C++ and SFML (wish me luck!)

I'd say that of all skills that have to do with game development I'm best at spriting and worst at music.

This is a sample sheet of my pixel art from my various projects:

Sometimes I draw comics too, although they don't get very far. Here's one I'm working on now:

http://www.bykad.com/Stuff/DoC1.jpg
http://www.bykad.com/Stuff/DoC2.jpg
http://www.bykad.com/Stuff/DoC3.jpg
http://www.bykad.com/Stuff/DoC4.jpg
http://www.bykad.com/Stuff/DoC5.jpg
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #2426 on: June 25, 2009, 07:17:49 PM »

Hi.  Just another Byrne.

Barnaby John, 31, London.

I had a demo of an overhead racing game reviewed in Amiga Format years ago. That was before Manchester University in 97 where I passed only 2 years of their Computer Science degree. I lost interest and wanted to be making indie games or electronic music.  I ended up working as a web designer for a while, but to this day I'm glad I attended Manchester and got introduced to various topics such as Java and computer graphics.

Since then I have drawn buildings for 5 years in the Structural Enginering industry, using Autocad and Microstation; I've most recently been helping design structural drawings and 3D's of high rise buildings in a leading design engineer.

I did sign up on tigs as redshift last summer but.. I may ask someone in charge to delete my old profile... so anyway if I confused anyone I apologise, but I am determined to stay this time.

I take building design seriously but games are my escape.

I wanted to mention my dad Johnny Byrne who was a famous screen writer, literary genius, my big bro Superflat, winner of demake with Soundless Mountain, my little bro fullspectrum, also a game designer and musician.

I am coding my engines in Actionscript 3.0, some screenies follow:

It's been a pleasure to say hello to such a welcoming and inspiring community.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:21:55 AM by Barnaby Byrne » Logged
VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2427 on: June 26, 2009, 10:05:27 AM »

Hi, I'm Vince Twelve. I'm a father of two working as a boring old business software developer and spending my freetime (what's that?) making games!

I made anna

and What Linus Bruckman Sees When His Eyes Are Closed

I also programmed Spooks and Nanobots for Erin "The Ivy" Robinson, so I like to pretend that I'm tangentially famous. I also programmed the base game mechanics and first couple levels of her game in progress, PuzzleBots before having a second kid and having to pass the project off to a different programmer who had more time.

I'm currently working on my own commercial p&c adventure game, Resonance, which is full of pixel goodness:

I blog updates on my fake company's website, xiigames.com, and twitter updates as VinceTwelve. Been meaning to register here for ages, just never gotten around to it.  Uhh... hi!

Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2428 on: June 26, 2009, 10:15:40 AM »

Hey Vince!  Man, the art in Resonance looks great.  Kiss

Your other games look great too.
Glad to see so many great newcomers.  Hand Thumbs Up Left

VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2429 on: June 26, 2009, 10:46:37 AM »

Thanks Masna!

Tiny
Level 0

TGD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2430 on: June 26, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »

I'm lurking here sometimes but...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 06:17:57 AM by Tiny » Logged

JoeHonkie
Level 8

RIP Major Sebastian Bludd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2431 on: June 26, 2009, 10:48:02 AM »

I want that Resonance game.  Gimme.
The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2432 on: June 26, 2009, 11:25:37 AM »

Hey Vince, 'bout time you showed up. Smiley

By the way, how are little Robocop and Ghostbusters doing?
VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2433 on: June 26, 2009, 11:30:35 AM »

I endeavor to give it to you, JoeHonkie.

Hey Ivy, I know, slow to the party as usual.  Both Robocop and Ghostbusters are doing very well, thank you for asking.

(Should I have mentioned that my daughter is named Robocop and my son is named Ghostbusters? Does that earn me indie cred?)

unsilentwill
Level 9

O, the things left unsaid!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2434 on: June 26, 2009, 12:20:50 PM »

Hey.

I was planing on registering earlier this week, but it's been so dang nice out. Now I am sunburned, so now seems like a fine time.

I've always played games, I'm 20 so by the time I got my cousins NES he had moved on to bigger things, and it was all mine. Started with Mario and Zelda and haven't quite left them. Ocarina of Time was probably a turning point for really getting into what games and their unique storytelling should be for.

I'd consider myself an above-average artist, though I've been amazed by some of the greats here. I haven't made a game or any serious game art. BUT I have been arting since before I got my NES. Currently I'm working at school in a rather conservative fine-arts program, focusing on painting and sculpture. I love digital art and the unique styles that stem from it, the fine art is really just training.

As far as games go, over the last five or six years I've been going back to all of the classics that I never quite understood, only this year buying a DS for Chrono Trigger. I've been inspired by Nintendo mostly but Team Ico, David Hellman and even Phil Fish had had an enormous impact.

Otherwise, I'll be posting quite a bit and hope my work can tell you a bit more about me.

elgms
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2435 on: June 26, 2009, 02:31:12 PM »

Hello everyone, my name is Kevin, and I have been in the gaming scene since the 1980s.  Some of the first games I ever played were arcade style games, then atari.  In the 1990s I got into pc gaming with command and conquer, doom and quake.  Currently I am playing fortress forever, left 4 dead and a little quake live.

JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: June 27, 2009, 02:49:32 AM »

Hullo folks Hand Thumbs Up Left Apoplectic Hand Thumbs Up Right
Inane
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

Arsenic for the Art Forum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2437 on: June 27, 2009, 11:03:41 AM »

(Should I have mentioned that my daughter is named Robocop and my son is named Ghostbusters? Does that earn me indie cred?)
If you're serious, you're my new hero. Epileptic

real art looks like the mona lisa or a halo poster and is about being old or having your wife die and sometimes the level goes in reverse
Ben K Evans
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2438 on: June 27, 2009, 07:52:05 PM »

Name's Ben. Just joined today, and couldn't help but marvel over the sheer amount of smileys you guys have. I mean normally I hate smileys, but this time I have to give kudos.

Hand Thumbs Down Left Evil Hand Knife Right

Beer! Hand Metal Right

Hand Shake Left Outraged Hand Point Right

AWESOME.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2439 on: June 27, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »

Name's Ben. Just joined today, and couldn't help but marvel over the sheer amount of smileys you guys have. I mean normally I hate smileys, but this time I have to give kudos.

Hand Thumbs Down Left Evil Hand Knife Right

Beer! Hand Metal Right

Hand Shake Left Outraged Hand Point Right

AWESOME.

So getting the chance to draw low-res nude women is what finally got you to join the board.   Giggle

Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic