Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411574 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 06:08:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSkybase
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Skybase  (Read 1986 times)
zarovv
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2023, 05:25:46 AM »

Released my spaceship sandbox building game.
What do you think of the demo?

Link: https://www.indiedb.com/games/skybase/downloads/skybase-v01-demo

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 08:49:23 AM »

Really cool concept! I love spaceships, and here I could build just any ship and go explore? And fight? And exit the ship at any time so I could maybe fix the damages? Awesome! Beer!
Like a mix between Minecraft, Robocraft, and Star Citizen. Grin

I do have some notes tho, as is usual:
- Unfortunately the game did not run very smoothly, even the cursor in main menu (before starting the game) was "lagging behind". Maybe limit the amount of visible asteroids? Or make far away asteroids even more simple? (I noticed there is some LOD going on) I dunno.
- Exploring a bit complex asteroid, the game seemed to switch from Space mode to Ground mode automatically. That was kind of a pain and scared me lotsa times. :D I think there should be a button for switching to Ground mode.
- Similar thing, I often got strangely teleported to the top of the ship / passenger seat, which I did not always want nor expected.  Again, there should be a button or a confirmation dialog for that.
- Did not figure out what is the difference between bricks of different colors, neither did I found out what the resources are for, but I guess that could come in later!
- Also did not figure out what the second tool on ship does. (the blue thing under the ship)

Overall, I really like the idea! I'm not much for Minecraft, but I think I could play this, especially with more content added (like more weapons, shields, enemy ships - didn't meet any -, and maybe an incentive to actually build a base (with automatic turrets!) besides a ship?).  Smiley

Cheers!  Coffee
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic