Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 02:49:35 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSandwich Restaurant Simulator
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sandwich Restaurant Simulator  (Read 3515 times)
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« on: October 15, 2023, 02:13:12 AM »

First Release

Click to play

How to Play
Your goal is to make sandwiches for your customers. Your creativity and your precision will reward you with more money and a higher score. As your level increases based on your score, you unlock more ingredients which you can use to make your sandwiches.

About the Game
I started working on this game about one and a half months ago and I plan to keep working on it and adding new little features, improvements and, most importantly, new ingredients!

Watch a quick gameplay video!
Illgib81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2023, 06:29:40 AM »

Hello, i appreciated that there's no time pressure, at least it's what i thought, it's what i always hate about the dashing games.
But i don't get what the precision value about, sometimes it's low even if i followed exactly the recipe.
Other than that it's pretty fun.
I had no audio though, it was intended?
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2023, 09:32:17 AM »

Hi, I'm happy you liked the game! I purposely didn't add any time constraints to let the player focus more on the creative aspect of the game.

The precision value is based on how much your sandwich satisfies the customer's request.
E.g.: The customer asks you for a sandwich with "bun, lattuce, patty, bun" respecting the order in which the ingredients were given. If you sell him a sandwich with "bun, patty, lattuce, bun" the accuracy won't be 100% as you didn't respect the order of the ingredients.

To avoid the feeling of being always constrained by the customer's requests, I think I could increase the chance of getting more "use the ingredients you want" requests. I'll definitely experiment more with this idea in the next updates!

However, if you think there are any bugs in the game, you can report them here! Grin

Yes, the game still has no audio, but I plan on adding it with the next update as well as some more ingredients.
The buttons are just there, ready to be used. Smiley

Thanks for trying the game and leaving your feedback, it is very appreciated! Coffee
-YouAreGreat-
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2023, 01:27:11 PM »

Pretty good. I didn't experience any bugs.
The pixel art is hunger inducing.
The only thing I would say is, on the language selection screen, it should either have a next button, or clicking English should go to the next menu screen. It's a small detail, but you want to make a good first impression to the player. Polish the crap out of the start of the thing. You're doing good already by being playable in browser.
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 02:11:59 PM »

Thanks! Nice to hear the art style makes people hungry, it's right what I was looking for! Smiley

So, you mean like having either a single button that cycles among all the available languages or a label and a "next" and "previous" button? Did I get it right?

Also, thank you very much for giving the game a try! It's awesome to hear your feedback!
-YouAreGreat-
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2023, 07:08:40 PM »

You need a > button just like on the tutorial menus. I don't mean to cycle the languages, I mean to dismiss that menu. Having to press 'x' on the first menu you see to confirm selection is confusing. You could just change 'x' to '>' and put it at the bottom right.
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2023, 09:32:59 PM »

Aahhhh ok, I get it. Also, do you mean that the < > buttons should replace the current "EN" "IT" buttons? Or should I add them in the bottom left and right corners just like in the tutorial menu?

By the way, I'll change this in the next version.
-YouAreGreat-
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2023, 02:28:09 AM »

Add them in the bottom left and right I'd say
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2023, 01:24:34 PM »

Soooo, I just published a rough build featuring a new possible design for the tutorial menu and some new ingredients!

You can play it here! Grin

For now I didn't remove the old build, so, if I necessary, I should be able to revert all the changes done with this patch.
Also, not every text has been translated in Italian...the full Italian translation will be available soon

Hope you like the new ingredients...(textures could be temporary  Smiley)
-YouAreGreat-
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2023, 03:31:31 AM »

Nice! Menu works great. Good stuff
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2023, 09:24:36 AM »

Thanks! Next up on the todo list, there's some code cleaning (Lips Sealed) and adding the new translations.

I'll soon add sounds too as well as other new ingredients!
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2023, 01:11:42 PM »

Hey G3Dev,

I tried your game

Overall it was pretty charming.

What I liked:
- The art is charming
- I like the mechanic of the customers saying "Add 4 of whatever you want"
- I liked that some customers had odd orders.  One asked for a patty and lettuce.  Another asked for 3 slices of cheese and ketchup.

What could use some work:
- I kinda felt like I was playing with Excel.  The GUI is not great and just clicking on ingredients to build that sandwich felt strange.  Maybe you could click and drag ingredients onto the counter?

Overall nice job!
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2023, 07:51:05 AM »

Hi, thanks for playing the game!

I'm happy you liked the odd orders.
It is one of the parts I was the most unsure about, and in fact I think I'll try to make less weird.
Maybe just by increasing the chance of having a meat type ingredient in the sandwich.

Apart from that, the drag and drop mechanic is a great idea!
I'll definitely add it in the next update!

I've already made something that kind of works.
Here is a quick video of it.

Thanks for leaving your feedback, it's very appreciated!
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2023, 02:15:45 AM »

Heyyyy, I'm still, slowly but steadly, working on the game.
Right now I'm mostly focusing on adding little improvements to the game experience and new ingredients, but I'll soon start recording the sounds for all the ingredients too.

I plan on publishing a new version with some nice drag and drop features and, of course, new ingredients in a couple weeks.

For now, however, I'll let you play a little game called "Guess the ingredient from its texture"...(totally not an excuse to have your feedback about the game graphics)!

You can reply to this post with your guesses and I'll tell you the solutions in five days.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 02:21:20 AM by G3Dev » Logged
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2023, 01:56:44 AM »

Soooo, no one answered Crazy

Anyway, here are the new ingredients names:
- ham
- raw ham
- mozzarella
- sliced cucumbers
- chicken Filled

Bear in mind that there will be more than just five new ingredients in the next update, which I hope I can release in a couple days!
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2023, 11:37:06 AM »

Drag & Drop, Sounds and Other Improvements
A new version of the game is now playable on every browser!
You can click here to play it!

With this update I started implementing sounds and I added 9 new ingredients!

Here are some pictures of them:

Also the drag and drop mechanic is now fully implemented!
You can drag and drop ingredients from the selectors to the cutting board to add them.
You can also drag the ingredients of your sandwich to move them up and down, or to remove them.

Finally, ingredients are now subdivided based on their types.
There are 5 different types: Bakery Products, Meat, Vegetables, Dairy Products and Sauces.
You can navigate through them using those new buttons:

I hope you like this update! You can of course share your best creations here in this thread if you like! :D

You can read a more in-depth devlog for this version here!

Have a nice day!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 12:49:28 AM by G3Dev » Logged
G3Dev
Level 0

I make games using Java

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2023, 02:01:07 PM »

A new version just got published! Nothing more than a couple bug fixes and a new ingredient...pulled pork!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 08:31:39 AM by G3Dev » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic