Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 01:03:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNature builder inspired by Dorfromantik
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nature builder inspired by Dorfromantik  (Read 447 times)
Wekslie
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2023, 02:02:02 PM »

Hi all,

For the longest time, I have been fascinated by hexagons. When Dorfromantik was released, I knew it would be an awesome game. And even though I liked the game a lot, it never gave me the satisfaction I was looking for. Once the game starts to get going, I couldn't help but play in the most optimized way possible, and forget about creating something wonderful.

That is why I thought i would give it a try myself. I have been working on a foundation to create a hexagon map, and let the user fill it with tiles. The general direction I was aiming for when creating this version, was to have specific rules for tiles. You can find out some of them by playing the game. The link will be below.

I'm kind of at a loss at the moment, and not sure what direction I want to go in.

Some ideas:
  • Place tiles over other tiles. For instance, a grass tile can go over a soil tile
  • Tiles have different 'yields'. For instance, soil gives 5 xp every 5 tiles placed. Grass gives ... every x tiles placed
  • Woods give 1 tile every 10 tiles placed

These are just some idea's, and I would love to hear some more idea's. Also, any other feedback is welcome.

This is my first post here, so if I made some mistakes, please let me know, and i'll try to correct them.

https://wekslie.itch.io/hexmex

Hint: Creating a closed off lake gives a lot of points
Asthalis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 01:54:11 AM »

Hello, I had a try with your game  Wink
It looks really nice but I think one obvious thing is missing at the start : what are the rules ? I'm not sure I got the goal of the game.

Wekslie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2023, 09:52:45 AM »

Oh yeah that.. haha. I'm still not quite sure where I want to go with the 'game'. I just needed to pass the obstacle of sharing it with other people. But you are right, some guidance would be a nice start.

Thank you for your time !
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic