Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411574 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 08:10:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingP3_alpha
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: P3_alpha  (Read 596 times)
jesusods
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2023, 07:51:08 AM »

Introducing the alpha version of our game.

We totally revamped our levels this week by changing the sprites that we used. We also made the switch from 3d to 2d colliders to allow us to use tile mapping in our level creation. Our mechanics stayed the same this week. We wanted to start working on juice and theming this week, so we focused on finding sprites that would be in our final game. This would let us make levels that might be close to what we want on our last iteration of the game. We definitely want to keep working on levels and making them nicer by using more props. In addition to this, we want to tweak the mechanics slightly and add some more nuance to the blast off in our next iteration

Mac and Windows Builds:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eg8ch46FZ_0zkXhoSnnouedJAmJfe8dU?usp=drive_link

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 09:30:41 PM »

Hi Jesus,

I played your game.

What I liked:
- The launching mechanics feel good
- The tutorial gave me the info I needed, but wasn't overbearing

What could use some work:
- Could I have just a bit of air control?  I know the spells are the main mechanic, but it's frustrating to miss a jump by a hair.
- I was getting a bit bored by Level 3
- I couldn't do the diagonal jump on Level 3.  The one after the moving platform

It's got a lot of potential!  Nice job
jesusods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 07:45:31 AM »

For our beta build we added a bunch of new levels for the 3 areas in our game -- in the starting cave, outside the tower, and inside the tower. We added new level mechanics like platforms that fall apart and hazardous water, giving new levels their own identity.

Our movement mechanic changed such that both dashing and explosion jumping reset both abilities, resulting in a streamlined experience. Players can carry their momentum more consistently this way.

We also gave our game a more professional feel, smoothing out gameplay with aesthetics like scene transitions, a title screen, and player death animations. We revamped the player sprite so it feels more in line with our game's theming.

For the final iteration of our game in just 2 days, we want to clean up and clear up the narrative of our game with some cutscenes and include new original music from our volunteer composer into our game.

use the same link just open Beta folder

jesusods
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 02:22:00 PM »

For our gold build and final build we improved transitions and decided to explain the story of the game through cutscenes. We included a level where players are required to have a basic understanding of the power ability and utilize it to jump gaps that are impossible to jump unless a player uses a specific technique. Since this is the current final level we wanted to test the players’ knowledge of the mechanics. Finally we added some decorations to the new level we included.
In terms of art we also included new music from our freelancer. The next step is to see what people think in our showcase! And go from there.

Mac and Windows Builds:
Use the Gold folder

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1NhQVZ67z06C5gAiuByisvDR6NvNM_FfJ?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 02:38:02 PM by jesusods » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic