Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411646 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 07:21:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWhat was the first game you made and finished?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: What was the first game you made and finished?  (Read 14593 times)
minasss
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 01:29:41 AM »

my first game was an arkanoid clone written in QBASIC...too bad I've lost the sources Sad
forumirule
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 11:03:11 AM »

ChevyRay

This one looks really amazing! Okay it is not like EA or Valve developed ones, but just to create this in bobby level is really good!

Nitromatic
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2010, 05:13:14 AM »

My first project was ToxBot, where you played as square shaped robot. Exciting, kids!
But anyways, you pressed buttons to open doors and you had to avoid spikes and all kind of weird stuff. Oh, final boss would die when you touched it. Bravo, bravo.  Gentleman

No game is available, as I removed it like.. 5 years ago?
Razz
Level 6

subtle shitposter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2010, 12:03:22 PM »

http://glitchedgames.blogspot.com/2010/02/few-of-my-old-games.html

One of these. I forget which one, my memory sucks. It might have been Blokman GB, considering that's the most basic.

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2010, 01:12:38 PM »

I made a little puzzle-platformer thing called Rocks. You played as a ghost, underground, hitting switches to open doors so you can get to the end of each level. Roll Eyes Looking back on it now, I think its greatest flaw was that I couldn't figure out how to do collision right, and it turned out that... something like holding right against a wall would make you zoom up it, but only if you were on the top half. I never fixed this glitch because it was too hard, so I just pretended it was a feature and just built some levels where you must exploit it to succeed.

I just played it again and I'm rather impressed at my little-kid-self, because the introductory screen is actually pretty well-written.
Brother Android
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »

http://divinelyuninspired.110mb.com/desperation.html

Some manner of (very heavy-handed) art game, although being 14 at the time I didn't really know what an art game was.

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »

In 1998: http://www.macgamefiles.com/detail.php?item=11444&show=image

@doomlaser, mark johns
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2010, 07:00:35 PM »

http://divinelyuninspired.110mb.com/desperation.html

Some manner of (very heavy-handed) art game, although being 14 at the time I didn't really know what an art game was.

Hey, I remember this game. I was even younger than you when I played it, and it was really awesome. I liked the secret ending a lot. (That room with the black walls all over the place, and you have to walljump up them, though, that can piss right off.) Nice job! Smiley
Mr.Flibble
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »

Me and my brother created a card based wrestling game in Amos on the Amiga.  We were quite proud of it at the time and still talk about it every so often today.

My first PC game was a rotating jump the fence game written to learn Construct.  I was pleased with the end result, although the game was very simplistic.  I never got round to making it available for download though.

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2010, 12:49:44 AM »

What did I ever do to that sheep to warrant that look?
Mr.Flibble
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2010, 10:11:59 AM »

What did I ever do to that sheep to warrant that look?

Nothing that I know of.  I think the constant jumping of ever faster rotating fences have got the better of him.

Smiley

Paint by Numbers
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2010, 10:38:02 AM »

Nothing that I know of.  I think the constant jumping of ever faster rotating fences have got the better of him.

Smiley

Ah, good. Smiley
Toeofdoom
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 03:44:48 AM »

The first game I created was probably the mobile phone game I worked on in java. It was essentially 3 minigames in one package, 2 of which I programmed entirely though I didn't really have anything to do with the art. It was an interesting project, everyone working on it was a student in the game development course I'm in. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it to post and the game never seemed to get released. Shrug

JoGribbs
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 03:53:59 AM »

It was like this competitive pac-man game, and you played as Sonic the Hedgehog. Or Shadow the Hedgehog. Or Emerl (from that terrible GBA fighting game I can't remember the name of). A remnant from when I was a die-hard sonic fan.

I found it on the internet recently, and it's on my hard drive, but NO ONE IS HAVING IT <_<
Kekskiller
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 04:22:23 AM »

It was a console game. Like the ones people do when they learn programming via school or so... I can't even remember what it was. Also, I don't have it anymore. Mostly cause I hate QBasic, I guess.
Stwelin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »

When I was 11 I made a game in RPG Maker where you shoot shoot chickens and try not to shoot homeless people sleeping on benches.
Squirrelsquid
Pixelhead
Level 1

oh! you need that nut?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 12:14:57 PM »

TANK WARS!
a 2 player versus tank game, with 6 different weapons ( normal shot, Spread shot, Homing Missiles, a rebounding bullet, Grenades and Doom Bomb) systems 5 arenas - and the tanks turret always looked at the opponent, so it becaome quite frantic. Done with KnP

I was like 13 back then - no interwebs, but it was pretty popular at my school. I actualy got the idea, because another dude at my boarding school did something simmilar with hover-vehicles, called 'Flight Burner' - the rotating turrets was my thing though Grin. after some weeks we had about 5 games all in the same vein, and everyone was compeeting for the top - though when it boils down to it:

we all just ripped off one of the example apps - a very simple 1 vs 1 car battle game.

heeeh~ the memories... should make a Tank Wars Reloaded at some point - could make a neat game, since my graphical, gamedesign, sound and programming skills got a lot better by now. ;3
namre
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »

A tetris clone which I named Petix. I thought everyone starts out with Tetris, it seems that i was wrong.  Embarrassed
Paint by Numbers
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 06:44:44 PM »

Soon cly5m's going to notice this thread and jump in and completely wreck all of our self-esteem.
J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2010, 06:46:44 PM »

I can't remember what the first game I made was, it was either a QBasic IF game that I can't remember the name of or a C++ IF game called Milk Quest.  The battles were tic-tac-toe played by using the numpad.  I also made some Klik n Play games but I'm not sure if I ever even put objectives in them.

hi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic