Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 03:36:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPainters Guild [OUT NOW]
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46
Print
Author Topic: Painters Guild [OUT NOW]  (Read 120982 times)
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 16, 2015, 12:58:48 PM »

Just saw the dual traits. Love it. Definitely a small feature that adds a lot to the dynamics.

Regarding the tooltips, the size does throw you off at first glance. It feels like a tooltip from a different program. Doesn't look bad at all, but definitely throws you off at first.

Playaction
Level 0

Junkyard Robots

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 17, 2015, 05:10:33 AM »

Nice to see all the progress recently. YAY!
I think the tooltip background is worse than the font size. The transparency, rounded corners and too bright blue color is no good.

ryansumo
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #762 on: March 17, 2015, 06:23:12 AM »

I like the two traits as well.

I can't think of any traits right now but this article about the life of Caravaggio might inspire some:
http://www.themillions.com/2014/05/thug-a-life-of-caravaggio-in-sixty-nine-paragraphs.html

vitorlanna
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 17, 2015, 08:08:23 AM »

Yeah, I agree with playaction. The style of the background looks too different.

Amazing game, btw.

austin1298
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 20, 2015, 03:35:21 PM »

A possible trait you could do is "Distracted". The artist would randomly stop working for a few seconds every once in a while.

Also, make the background of the tooltips look like the rest of the game and no bright blue.
Good work on the game though, still waiting for it to come out.
vitorlanna
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 20, 2015, 04:34:38 PM »

Ideias of traits:

Popular: Attracts more clients.
Unpopular: The opposite.

MurmuringDepths
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: March 20, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »

Glad this is still going, always good to post progress.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #767 on: March 21, 2015, 06:00:55 AM »

Just saw the dual traits. Love it. Definitely a small feature that adds a lot to the dynamics.

Regarding the tooltips, the size does throw you off at first glance. It feels like a tooltip from a different program. Doesn't look bad at all, but definitely throws you off at first.

Thanks! I'll do another tooltip variation and check again with you guys to see if it's any better.

Nice to see all the progress recently. YAY!
I think the tooltip background is worse than the font size. The transparency, rounded corners and too bright blue color is no good.

Thanks for the feedback, will work on it  Smiley

I like the two traits as well.

I can't think of any traits right now but this article about the life of Caravaggio might inspire some:
http://www.themillions.com/2014/05/thug-a-life-of-caravaggio-in-sixty-nine-paragraphs.html

Great, thanks! Yeah, Caravaggio is a big inspiration for the "Rebellious" trait. I'll see what else I can get from him.

Yeah, I agree with playaction. The style of the background looks too different.

Amazing game, btw.

Thanks!  Wink

Ideias of traits:

Popular: Attracts more clients.
Unpopular: The opposite.

Oooh, Popular/Unpopular is a good one! I'll implement it today!  Grin

A possible trait you could do is "Distracted". The artist would randomly stop working for a few seconds every once in a while.

Also, make the background of the tooltips look like the rest of the game and no bright blue.
Good work on the game though, still waiting for it to come out.

"Distracted" sounds great too! Should be a funny one. I'll try that with the tooltip.

Glad this is still going, always good to post progress.

Thanks! I'll try to post more regularly for the next few weeks.

Here are the new paintings that your artists can paint:

They're all based on actual Renaissance paintings.

With these, we've doubled the painting variety. More soon!  Smiley

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 21, 2015, 07:16:16 AM »

Maybe: Depressive, Pedantic, Ingenius, Drunkard, ...

[...]

Here are the new paintings that your artists can paint:

They're all based on actual Renaissance paintings.

With these, we've doubled the painting variety. More soon!  Smiley

The paintings are very nice!

I'd be cool if, at very rare intervals, some artist (according to his nature) would produce a Mondrian, Miró, Warhol, ... painting and the customer would (with a high chance) reject it and not pay anything for the painting but pay a lot more in case he/she accepts the painting. Smiley

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #769 on: March 21, 2015, 05:51:01 PM »

I made a video: What is Painters Guild?

I explain how the game works and stuff.  Smiley

Maybe: Depressive, Pedantic, Ingenius, Drunkard, ...

The paintings are very nice!

I'd be cool if, at very rare intervals, some artist (according to his nature) would produce a Mondrian, Miró, Warhol, ... painting and the customer would (with a high chance) reject it and not pay anything for the painting but pay a lot more in case he/she accepts the painting. Smiley

Cool ideas! I'm going for historical accuracy though, so no anachronisms. There were some pretty unique paintings in the Renaissance, there is no reason to insert modernism into it.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: March 22, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »

http://www.indiedb.com/games/painters-guild/news/what-is-painters-guild

Video posted on IndieDB with some other images.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 23, 2015, 05:09:36 AM »

New video looks great and I love the portraits. Honestly, the more paintings you can have the better. In a game about painting, you expect to see a wide variety of paintings from your guild. You may want to consider including paintings focused on hell, which was a common theme during the renaissance. This would let you get creative with the art and would suit some of the "darker" character traits that you have for some of the painters. You need DLC for having your painters dedicate years of their lives to painting church ceilings...

I'm absolutely enamored with this game's concept. I spent some time last year in Venice and Rome and spent a day in the Vatican, with a good portion of that day just sitting in the Sistine Chapel. I adore art from the renaissance and think this is such a wonderful concept for a video game.

Seaport
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #772 on: March 23, 2015, 05:55:56 AM »

This is a great idea, including pixel art  versions of real paintings from the period is inspired. I do like Zorg's idea that occasionally a painter will turn out a more contemporary style picture and everyone gets a bit upset
Looking forward to seeing some more

Shantalya
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 26, 2015, 05:58:25 AM »

Great video! Everything looks really neat and cute. I especially love this Mona Lisa painting at the main screen, really like this style. Do you plan to add some bigger paintings like that in the game?
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #774 on: March 27, 2015, 12:11:54 PM »

Trying a different tooltip style!

I think the UI colors need an update, so I'm keeping this neutral gray for now. I hope it's readable.

New video looks great and I love the portraits. Honestly, the more paintings you can have the better. In a game about painting, you expect to see a wide variety of paintings from your guild. You may want to consider including paintings focused on hell, which was a common theme during the renaissance. This would let you get creative with the art and would suit some of the "darker" character traits that you have for some of the painters. You need DLC for having your painters dedicate years of their lives to painting church ceilings...

I'm absolutely enamored with this game's concept. I spent some time last year in Venice and Rome and spent a day in the Vatican, with a good portion of that day just sitting in the Sistine Chapel. I adore art from the renaissance and think this is such a wonderful concept for a video game.

Thanks! Yeah, I'll try to add more paintings as we go along. Decorating churches for years is actually in the game through the Great Works mechanic, in which your painters leave the guild for months to paint the interior of palaces and such.

Thanks a lot for your continued support of the game and your posts here in the devlog, oldblood  Grin

This is a great idea, including pixel art  versions of real paintings from the period is inspired. I do like Zorg's idea that occasionally a painter will turn out a more contemporary style picture and everyone gets a bit upset
Looking forward to seeing some more

Thanks, Seaport!  Smiley

Great video! Everything looks really neat and cute. I especially love this Mona Lisa painting at the main screen, really like this style. Do you plan to add some bigger paintings like that in the game?

Thank you very much, Shantalya.  Wink I was working on another one of those paintings the other day, but there isn't much place for it considering the entire game is pixel art. I think I will only use them as promotional images, like Steam headers and banners, and perhaps as background to the main menu (which might be pixel art, don't know yet).

Gueib
Level 1

don't be jealous of my boogie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #775 on: March 27, 2015, 04:48:15 PM »

FurryFox853 Mar 22 2015, 6:26pm says:
Cool, it has gay characters lol.

Such enlightenment.
mushbuh
Level 9

Epic Laughs await you, traveler *tips steampunkhat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #776 on: March 27, 2015, 08:35:02 PM »

is this game good?Huh?

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #777 on: April 01, 2015, 01:42:26 PM »

Wardrobe and artist customization!

Giving Jacobello a new look. I really need to fix that plant shadow in the wall...  Embarrassed

is this game good?Huh?
no

TheTheomach
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 05, 2015, 09:43:29 AM »

Is this game good?

No, it's great Wink
b∀ kkusa
Global Moderator
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 05, 2015, 11:08:50 AM »

Ninja turtles bought me  Hand Money Left Hand Money Right Hand Money Left Hand Money Right
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 46
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic