Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:51:21 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPainters Guild [OUT NOW]
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46
Print
Author Topic: Painters Guild [OUT NOW]  (Read 120983 times)
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #780 on: April 08, 2015, 01:01:07 PM »

Morvan just sent me some excellent new music for the game, oh my gods!  Toast Left I have to finish this already just so people can listen to this soundtrack   Hand Shake LeftSmileyHand Shake Right

I have been working on some weird new furniture for the guild.

This is a rib of St. Luke, the saint of painters, on display. I don't think any guild held such a holy relic, but I'm sure they'd have loved to have had it. It's gonna be expensive!

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 09, 2015, 09:20:01 AM »

you should seriously have turtle easter egg whenever some "Donatello and co" pop up
/hide in shame

vitorlanna
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 09, 2015, 09:25:34 AM »

By the way, the new tooltip style looks much better!

you should seriously have turtle easter egg whenever some "Donatello and co" pop up
/hide in shame
Haha, now I'm imagining that if you have all of those painters in your guild at the same time you'll get the "Ninja Turtles" achievement.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #783 on: April 13, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »

Thanks for the comments, Gimym JIMBERT and vitorlanna!  Smiley

Some art for event headers. This is a generic ones for literary events, like the translation of Plato's texts, the publication of Cenninni's Il Libro dell'Arte or Vasari's Vite.

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #784 on: April 21, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »

Back from Ludum Dare! I made this game with my friend Gaeb who posts in this DevLog a lot  Smiley

please play and rate Wink

It was a great break to gain perspective on life and game development!

Today I did all the main traits! They're all working and with their matching descriptions. It's nothing that you haven't seen before, though. Just traits and tooltips. The trait list is in the previous page.

I only haven't included religious/pagan because I'm not sure how they'll work yet, and there is nothing for a "rebellious" trait to show itself, since there are no trouble events. Maybe I should work on those next: getting arrested, getting in fights, murders and so on.  Grin

Edit: I could turn homosexuality into a trait, which would allow for more diversity than the current symbols and would be less confusing, as I could add a tooltip. Bisexual could be included too then.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 01:26:26 PM by AD1337 » Logged

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: April 22, 2015, 02:20:54 PM »

Worked on Great Painters today, all the main ones are in the game. Have to test them a bit, though, and add some functionality. Like increasing their skill over time even if you don't hire them, to simulate them improving on their own.

An event header I finished today: Savonarola's Bonfire of the Vanities, for events related to Savonarola.

TheTheomach
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 23, 2015, 05:12:53 AM »

Things are getting finished  Grin
dray
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 24, 2015, 01:52:14 AM »

I just discovered your game with this devlog and go through the 40 pages of it. The progression of the game and all your design ideas are great. Waiting for the game now Smiley
karlozalb
Level 5

Do or do not.There is no try.

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 24, 2015, 01:59:11 AM »

congrats on being greenlit! Smiley
Shantalya
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 13, 2015, 01:15:12 AM »

It's been so quiet in here... Is everything ok, AD1337?
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #790 on: May 16, 2015, 10:22:44 AM »

It's been so quiet in here... Is everything ok, AD1337?

Yes, still going!

Worked on various things since I posted here, mostly balance changes and small tweaks to improve player experience. Still need some more of those, especially tooltips and messages explaining mechanics. Today in particular I introduced a skill cap to artists based on their rank. The player is prompted to take action to increase the artist's rank in order to continue improving skill. Should be better this way, ranks were meaningless before and they were very important in guilds during the Renaissance.

Things are getting finished  Grin

Yup, it's fine for the final push to get this released!

I just discovered your game with this devlog and go through the 40 pages of it. The progression of the game and all your design ideas are great. Waiting for the game now Smiley

congrats on being greenlit! Smiley

Thanks everyone  Smiley

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 16, 2015, 10:53:33 AM »

Glad to see an update! Do you have a release date or target date yet?

yadurajiv
Level 0

~.^ wut you say?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #792 on: May 16, 2015, 11:52:28 AM »

Hope to see/hear/play more soon Smiley Do your best!! ^_^

^___________^

Working on SpellDown!

Catch me on Twitter, Itch or come read my blogs
TheTheomach
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: May 16, 2015, 03:32:17 PM »

I first played this game in February of last year, playing the full version may actually kill me Addicted. And I can't wait  Cheesy
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: May 28, 2015, 01:42:24 PM »

Thanks oldblood, yadurajiv and TheTheomach!

Sorry for the lack of updates recently, honestly another thing took my attention and I had to let myself be taken by it. Inspiration is a fickle mistress.

A couple of event images!

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #795 on: June 06, 2015, 06:07:26 AM »

A couple events in-game:

New furniture screen!

Now more readable!

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #796 on: June 06, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »

I'm intrigued by the "masterpiece attempt", that you only have one shot. What was the inspiration or thought behind that?

AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #797 on: June 06, 2015, 06:50:47 AM »

I'm intrigued by the "masterpiece attempt", that you only have one shot. What was the inspiration or thought behind that?

History! The masterpiece was a painting to attain the rank of Master in a guild. You only had one shot - if the other masters didn't approve of your work, you'd remain a journeyman.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 06, 2015, 07:22:27 AM »

Love it. Awesome update and love the historical references in the gameplay...

Greipur
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #799 on: June 06, 2015, 07:53:33 AM »

History! The masterpiece was a painting to attain the rank of Master in a guild. You only had one shot - if the other masters didn't approve of your work, you'd remain a journeyman.

Ah, I approached it from the magnum opus point of view and thought that you codified it from a philosophical angle. You only have one shot to make something great, then the inspiration dries up. How whimsical of me. Smiley

It makes perfect sense. And as I stated "long ago" in this thread I'm being reminded how easy it is to be an artist today compared to yesteryear, I don't need to prove myself to a guild or carve in corpses. Perhaps the indie life isn't so bad afterall.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 46
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic