Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 01:28:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallMarketing Guide for Indie Game Developers
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers  (Read 984 times)
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« on: May 01, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »

FINALLY!  Smiley
The guide is almost done...
Release date: 30 June 2012.

“What is this Marketing Guide all about?”
This guide will be pretty comprehensive and practical and will explain all topics that are relevant to indie devs in great detail.
No theoretical blabla… only practical tips on ~50 pages.

“A practical guide? What does that mean?”
Well…Instead of saying “Create a Website/Blog” I will explain all steps in detail that are involved in setting up a website/blog. (How to register domain, buy hosting, choosing a content management system, getting a proper design, finding a webdesigner etc…) Furthermore I tell you ways of getting traffic and what you can write on your blog to attract readers. Instead of saying “Create a Trailer” I will show you step by step how to create one. Instead of saying “Contact Press” I will tell you what you can do to increase the chances of actually getting coverage.

“How long is the Guide in development?”
I’m already working on it for more than 2 years now and it’s almost finished. Still need to edit and format it properly and rewrite some sections...

“Price of guide?”
This guide will be completely free with no strings attached. You don’t have to subscribe to a newsletter or anything. No barriers. Just click a download button and then a few seconds later (thanks to the power of the internet) you can read the guide on your PC or eBook device.

http://prospected.tumblr.com/marketing-guide

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
ortoslon
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:10:54 PM »

will the guide recommend announcing the game two months before release
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »

Pumped for this

Crazy
 Hand Shake Right

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 01:07:19 PM »

Great! Hopefully this well help lots of us, uh, not screw up on simple things so much (whoops)...

play hydlide 2
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic