Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411629 Posts in 69392 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 02:42:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallNeo Conflict - Beta
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neo Conflict - Beta  (Read 1352 times)
moonAK
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2010, 08:28:33 AM »

Hi, i want to let you know about my browser strategy game  Smiley

The game is turn based, and you control modern units (jeeps,tanks etc) against other players on a huge board-like map. You create your units and send them to capture resource points and fight other players. Each unit has abilities and can gain veterancy with kills. You also have research, you can join a alliance, make pacts with other players and more.

You can register and play right away at http://www.neoconflict.com

The graphics are not much to look at, i've been looking for someone to improve them for while now but not much luck so far.

Also Internet Explorer is not supported now. Firefox, Opera and Chrome should work fine.

Any feedback is welcome, thanks!

Here are a few screenshots:

moonAK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 07:39:46 AM »

Update: added demo option, you can play right away without registering!

Check it out!  http://www.neoconflict.com
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 02:33:21 AM »

I couldn't make any sense out of this game, I gathered from the starting message that I was supposed to take over an oil field with my jeep but i was looking around on the map and couldn't find one. Then I figured it was probably hidden behind a fog of war and tried to move the jeep to somewhere that had an oil field but couldn't figure out how to do it. I tried dragging the jeep about and clicking the buttons more move and attack but it didn't seem to do anything.

I was using chrome, in case it was some kind of bug, but I think it's more of a lack of tutorial or advice that caused this confusion, i'm not sure what it is i'm aiming for, even.
moonAK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:07:40 AM »

I couldn't make any sense out of this game, I gathered from the starting message that I was supposed to take over an oil field with my jeep but i was looking around on the map and couldn't find one. Then I figured it was probably hidden behind a fog of war and tried to move the jeep to somewhere that had an oil field but couldn't figure out how to do it. I tried dragging the jeep about and clicking the buttons more move and attack but it didn't seem to do anything.

I was using chrome, in case it was some kind of bug, but I think it's more of a lack of tutorial or advice that caused this confusion, i'm not sure what it is i'm aiming for, even.

Thanks for the feedback, I've tried to make the interface simple and easy to use. To move units all you have to do is click on them and then a rectangle with the range shows and you click anywhere inside it.

The attack/move/capture buttons all work in a similar way: for example you click the capture button and then click on a resource to capture it.

For me it works fine in chrome but i did have bugs before with the interface, send me a pm in game or here if you still have problems.

moonAK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:03:40 AM »

I restarted the server with improved graphics and better terrain generation. I also reworked the unit move  system along with other fixes and changes. I added a small manual too with the basic info about the game.

Any feedback is welcome  Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic