Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411621 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 03:40:04 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall*UPDATE* Our Game was stolen and turned into an iPhone app!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: *UPDATE* Our Game was stolen and turned into an iPhone app!  (Read 15039 times)
Kren
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 01:21:08 PM »

Apple has been having tons of problems like this, not only in the game app industry but also on the book one, I recently readed that japanese publishers were sueing Apple for selling books in english without being oficial translations, to be more exact most of the job by Haruki Murakami, they were really pissed off, I mean how can a big company like Apple allow fake book translations to be sold >-<. you can read the full news here:

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2010/12/14/japanese-publishers-threaten-to-bite-apple/

in your case, you should try to sue them alone, or find more people in the same situation and sue them as a team :3.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 01:26:47 PM by Kren » Logged
BoxedLunch
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2011, 02:31:12 PM »

it's like somebody getting a free ride to college if they cheated on you all the time in high school. it's a damn shame. Sad

anyway, your game is pretty good. hope you get your sales back.
Laufman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2011, 01:15:56 PM »

Hey guys!

We've actually spoken with apple and the case is being sent to their legal department right now. Let's see how long this takes to get resolved!

Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2011, 01:20:15 PM »

Good luck to you guys!  It's too bad you can't 'undo' all those sales, but hopefully some sort of compensation could be made. 

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2011, 02:40:37 PM »

It would be nice if Apple would give you any money they're holding from sales of the ripoff but I don't know if thats likely or even possible. Hopefully Edisongame is at least run out of the App Store.

Laufman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 02:46:06 PM »

We're really hoping EdisonGame sees no profit at all from this and get kicked right out of the app store.  Also all the people that bought the pirated game get their money back. That would be the best case scenario. 

Laufman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2011, 07:39:08 AM »

Well it seems the copycat game has been pulled! This is definitely good news! Not sure if it's permanent yet but hopefully we'll hear from apple soon on the matter. Thanks everyone for your help, support and advice!

Helmeted
Level 0

Death Panelist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 09:29:54 AM »

That's great news, congrats!

Christian223
Level 1

DRAGON was robot

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 10:38:02 AM »

I'm glad to hear that. Let us know what happens next.
Conker534
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 10:45:44 AM »

andrew-101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 11:52:34 PM »

Great news, hope it gets properly resolved soon.

I'm not sure how the app store works, but Apple would obviously have to have some sort of records of these guys for payment, such as their bank account. Whilst it is easy to fake a contact number its probably going to be harder to set up a bank account with false info, hopefully there is a bread crumb back to these guys.

2D puzzle game: tectonicgame.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic