Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411621 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 04:28:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFOTONICA is go!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FOTONICA is go!  (Read 1709 times)
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2011, 06:01:18 PM »

Hello fellow tigsourcers!  Gentleman  just want to inform you that FOTONICA is up and running on Kongregate, under the unity competition.

KONGREGATE LINK!

Hands are back and endless mode is ready...easier but infinite!

Feel free to play, rejoice or complain about our last fatigue...most of all, as always, let us know what you think to help us improve our work, and vote on kong! You can check the dev-log here on tig ( DEVLOG ) or the SR news blog ( NEWS ).

almost forgot: NEW TRAILER!

Hope you'll have a good time!  Beer!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:29:29 PM by santaragione » Logged

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 02:11:30 AM »

awesomesauce  Gentleman
It's REZ meets Canabalt.

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:28:14 AM »

Playing it and some of the graphics kind of remind me of playing Switch Lanes (scroll down to find the download link) by TERU-soach. However, his game only allows input to control acceleration, jumps are only made when a track ends with a ramp, and it is a 1P racing game with boosters and decelerators at various tiers of the tracks.

Your game looks much better, but I'm going to have to try to play it some more later to get use to the controls and timing.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 11:38:01 AM »

from the devlog:

About a standalone build: we are looking into it; if the game gets a 3.5 score on kongregate we will develop a full version both for mac/pc and idevices!

every one vote it up!
tesselode
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 01:47:34 PM »

The trailer made the game look really good. But when I was playing, most of the music wasn't as good as the song in the trailer, and I couldn't get the graphics to be as colorful. Tell me if I'm missing something here.
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 05:15:10 PM »

The trailer made the game look really good. But when I was playing, most of the music wasn't as good as the song in the trailer, and I couldn't get the graphics to be as colorful. Tell me if I'm missing something here.

Thanks Tesselode! Gold mode is triggered automatically after you reach a certain velocity.

The music problem is due to the limitation we have as an in-browser game...FOTONICA now is around 4MB, and we want to keep it that way to reduce loading times. When and if we'll release a download version, we'll sure work on quality of music / render res / framerate.

We also had this insane idea, multiplayer endless mode on Winnitron...would be awesome!  Well, hello there!

bye

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 02:24:11 PM »

Fun!, Slick! and it's working.
I like the minimal Virtual Reality graphical style you got going.
The ambient sound (music) is okey, although i wonder if a high tempo beat wouldn't be more appropriate, but this is not bad either.

The points (white balls) could be a little more nicer, give them a glow or something.

What you really should do in my opinion is make the menu more in the style/feeling of the game. This is not a menu i associate with the style of the game (there is no pink used in any other part but the menu, especially with the white background)

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »

Fun!, Slick! and it's working.
I like the minimal Virtual Reality graphical style you got going.
The ambient sound (music) is okey, although i wonder if a high tempo beat wouldn't be more appropriate, but this is not bad either.

The points (white balls) could be a little more nicer, give them a glow or something.

What you really should do in my opinion is make the menu more in the style/feeling of the game. This is not a menu i associate with the style of the game (there is no pink used in any other part but the menu, especially with the white background)

what if we made the dots (white balls) pink? we are looking into it.

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 05:56:42 PM »

That could be a good sollution, but you have to see how it works out.

I want to say ones again that i really liked the way it looks.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic