Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411626 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 11, 2024, 08:06:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallA.R.E.S released On Steam Today!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A.R.E.S released On Steam Today!!  (Read 2360 times)
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« on: January 19, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »

It's finally came to Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/92300

It's £6.29 at the moment with the 10% discount but there will be some competitions floating around or just plain good old fashion give aways happening. I will update this thread when they occur!

About the Game
A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda is the first chapter in a full featured episodic hardcore action packed side scrolling platformer, in the traditions of retro classics, where you play as Ares, a combat robot created for the sole purpose of saving humanity. Can you live up to the task or will you be reduced to nuts and bolts?

You are Ares, the first Zytron immune robot. A symbol of how far human technology has come, you are the most advanced robot in existence; built to run faster, jump higher, and fire quicker. In addition to these core attributes, your design includes a system for converting spare parts and resources into valuable items, armor, and weaponry. You will need to use everything at your disposal in order to reach and rescue the survivors aboard the Zytron infected space station.

Key features:
Play through various locations in the A.R.E.S. universe, each a beautiful, unique, 3D environment with challenging obstacles.
You are the ultimate weapon with the ultimate sidekick – Collect the secret items and get power up to become a perfect weapon.
Come face to face with colossal opponents, learn their patterns to defeat them in battle.
Destroy enemies, collect their parts, and then recycle them to make incredible items, including health packs, ammo, and weapon upgrades.
System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core™2 Duo Processor, AMD Athlon x2 Processor
Memory: Windows XP:1GB, Windows Vista, 7:2GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series, ATI Radeon HD 2400 series
DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c
Hard Drive: 300 MB
Sound: DirectSound compatible (DirectX 9.0c or higher)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:53:16 PM by Mecha » Logged

AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 06:00:10 PM »

congrats!
i remember playing the demo back in 2009 and now its finally on steam...that's fantastic!
hopefully it will be a success on steam Smiley

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
gamesfrommars
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:59:07 AM »

Congrats on the release!
I see that you don't officially support ATI R500 nor Intel cards (OpenGL game?), I'd be very interested to know if you get lots of complaints about it or not too much.
It's great that Steam help push these things out of the door.

(EDIT: I see know that it's a DirectX game, is this mandatory to get published on Steam?)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:07:29 AM by gamesfrommars » Logged

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 03:06:15 AM »

Thanks guys!

gamesfrommars I'm simply part of the audio team behind the game, Dan & I did the music and sound effect design for A.R.E.S.

Here is the A.R.E.S steam forum for any issues you encounter: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1068

I will be updating this soon about free Steam codes as well, no doubt it will involve finding where I live and carrying me to a glorious castle made of pillows. Stay tuned.

Laufman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 06:32:46 AM »

Hey Congrats on the launch!  That games looks all kinds of badass!! Beer!

InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 08:41:31 AM »

I have the pillows, you hve the codes. Let's make this happen  Gentleman

anosou
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 01:57:27 PM »

This game has neat music I've heard  My Word!
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 03:11:23 PM »

Alright! Here's the deal! I needed one follower to jack me from 299 followers to 300. It went well, I said I'd release a code on my twitter when i hit 300. Easily done, and it got did!.. :|

Bad grammar aside, I'm going to do it more often, as I have plenty of codes to dish out, the next mission is similar, but obviously, bigger. The following surge from that one tweet did so well that I am going to release a few Steam Codes for A.R.E.S tomorrow once I have hit 350 followers, if that is tomorrow, at the rate im being followed right now, it's gonna he happening!

So come and follow me @hyperduckchris and I shall chuck out free Steam codes for A.R.E.S full game tomorrow!

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 09:18:28 AM »

I'm giving away codes every 25 followers I get. Just follow me @hyperduckchris on twitter and RT the good word! I'll be DMing a randomly picked few with some free codes at 350 followers! 11 to go at the moment!

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 09:16:51 AM »

I played the demo of this game and immediatly picked it up, it's al kinds of awesome
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »

I played the demo of this game and immediatly picked it up, it's al kinds of awesome

You're all kinds of awesome!

You know it was coming.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 09:38:55 PM »

Here's my story, and it is riveting.

I had seen this game and tried a much earlier demo before. I don't really remember what I thought back then, but yesterday I grabbed the latest demo, played through it, thought it looked pretty fun and interesting and picked up the full game on Steam.

Now, after having completed it, I'll say the game's pretty fun. It's got good feedback, some interesting level design, the main character design is one I really like, and it does the whole "shoot many things that go explodey" fairly well.

Unfortunately the game just feels underwhelming in general, with several small flaws that pile up to keep it from its true potential. There's the ambiguous hitboxes making dodging attacks and some platforming tougher than it should, I really think the roll/dash should have been placed on its own input instead of sharing it with the jump, that auto-scroll climbing segment with the green spider robot I absolutely loathe because of the bouncing coupled with the issues I just enumerated, weapons are almost strategically identical, environments blend together because of some poor aesthetic design, and I'll just shut up here.

I'm hoping they improve things a lot on the next chapter, because there's plenty of potential here. Oh and try to get someone to proof read your script, unless you're really going for the Engrish vibe.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 02:02:15 AM »

lol, I can't say I was involved in proof reading, but they are well aware of all those concerns and they will definitely focus on everything they've learnt/are learning from this release experience.

I don't know much more since I'm just the sexy noise on the side with Dan.

hyperduck
Level 10

Music and Noises

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 02:36:27 AM »

I will be giving away more codes people. follow me on @hyperduckchris at twitter.com to get a slice!

I'll not do it all at once, so if you see this post later, you may still have a chance if you're interested in grabbing a copy for freee.

If you don't know what ARES is, please go check it out, there's even a demo as well.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic