Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 04:07:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallBitejacker released!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bitejacker released!  (Read 1819 times)
rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2011, 09:52:15 AM »

Hi guys,
My new game, Bitejacker was released today, on MochiGames. I have been really quiet ever since I started working on the game, so I doubt you guys know much about it. But I've been working full time on this for the pass 6+ months, and I really like to get some feedback, especially from fellow developers Smiley

Play it here http://www.mochigames.com/games/bitejacker/

ABOUT BITEJACKER
Bitejacker : Secret Base Horror Series 01 is a top-down, twin stick-style arena shooter for fans of classic arcade games and loathers of the undead. Based on the indie game review show Bytejacker, players will help self-centered host Anthony Carboni and heroic cameraman Jon Rivera battle through endless waves of zombies, aliens and monsters as they attempt to survive the zombie apocalypse.

Along the way you'll run into tons of familiar faces as indie heroes like Meat Boy and Commander Video join the fight. There are survivors to rescue, weapons to found, stats upgrades, and special moves to use across 30 levels, epic boss battles, and survival modes. Players will be unlocking bonuses like comic strips along the way that add to the storyline.

It's time to splatter some undead. LET'S GO!

GAME FEATURES
- Quirky humor and voice over from the original Bytejacker's Anthony Carboni and Jon Rivera.
- Detail pixel artwork with 3 pages of unlockable comic stripe, fully painted to explain the game's story line
- 2 playable characters of different stats, weapons and moves that improves and evolves over time.
- Over 30 levels of game play.
- Tons of weapons, upgradeable, monsters to be unlocked, and familiar faces to be found.
- Indie games cameos, retro games parody and classic horror movie spoof.
- Amazing audio by the amazing HyperDucks Studios.
- An army of zombies waiting to be slaughtered.

Bitejacker is developed by Secret Base, in collaboration the guys at Bytejacker. Hope you enjoy the game!

Like I said, announcement aside, I'd like to hear what you guys think that we did right / wrong on the game play. It will be painful, but I'll hang on.

P.S. I've been trying to reach out to Derek. Anyone know how I can reach him?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:03:21 AM by rayteoactive » Logged

Laufman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 02:34:30 PM »

Just played this and it's all kinds of awesome!! Go play it!!!! Hand Metal Right

rayteoactive
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 02:35:42 AM »

Thanks Laufman. I was playing your game just the other day. And awesome awesome art you have there!

ink.inc
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 02:37:48 AM »

P.S. I've been trying to reach out to Derek. Anyone know how I can reach him?

Try to use the PM system on TIGSource... failing that, you could message him on twitter or just email him.
Xecutor
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 03:32:12 AM »

That's damn cool and damn addictive Smiley
pixhead
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 08:42:24 PM »

Its really good but the controls feel a bit clunky, or its the fact that I am horrible at arena shooters. Shrug
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »

Congrats! Will take a look soon, been busy. (Okay, and maybe playing a little more than a healthy amount of Battlefield 2...)
Pocketninja
Level 0

Pocketninja - Kurt Waldowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 03:58:35 AM »

Love the art, love the voice overs, love it! There's a lot of substance and polish to this game. Ever since I saw it in the IGF entry list and heard about it on Bytejacker, Ive been anxiously waiting to play it.

And now I finally have and am struggling to stop  Well, hello there!

Good stuff!

Dustin Smith
Level 10

Eskimo James Dean

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 06:11:47 AM »

i'll have to give this a shot sometime soon.

pixeltao
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »

Looks super awesome! I'll play it... now!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic