Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411696 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58454 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 18, 2024, 05:22:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBlinkout [v0.9.9.1 update on June 2nd]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Blinkout [v0.9.9.1 update on June 2nd]  (Read 5926 times)
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 05:10:19 PM »

It's improved a lot. The trail, in particular, was a smart choice. I think that the game is still too hard, at least for me.

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 05:28:36 PM »

@Nandrew:  Thanks for giving it another play through and for sharing your thoughts!

@Agj: Likewise, thank you.  I am concerned about the difficulty curve as well right now.  I am too damn good at this game to be able to judge it at all and while people are seeming to enjoy it I don't think people are getting very far.  That is why I'm asking for the feedback focus below.

New version of Blinkout posted June 1st, 2009

v0.9.9

* Added round intertitle screens to display the rounds stats and tips every 8 levels
    * Updated instructions and UI graphic on instructions to reflect current gameplay
    * Added rotating instructions and context based warnings in UI message window area during game
    * Added 6 unique tips, one for each round intertitle screen
    * Added sample sponsor movie example
    * Added mochi encrypted preloader with custom background graphic
    * BUGFIX: you can no longer use the keyboard to fight the rebuilding ship tween
    * BUGFIX: you can no longer hit ESC for menu when that doesn't make sense

Feedback needed:

The major thing we need feedback on now is if this game is seeming too difficult for first time players... so give it a whirl if you have a few minutes.  Nothing to install as it's Flash and let me know how far you get and what you think. 

We're welcome to any other comments as well for sure and the feedback we've received here has already helped shape the game a lot.  Thanks everyone!

Best regards,
Dave Evans
Hybrid Mind Studios
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:20:53 AM by HybridMind » Logged

HybridMind
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009, 10:28:11 AM »

New minor update to Blinkout.

v0.9.9.1 history

* Pulled the extra instructions text
    * Added M for mute.. ESC for pause menu to the rotating instructions messages at bottom
    * Stopped the round intertitle sound looping
    * Changed the first round tip to be worded differently
    * Fail screen now tells you the level and round you were defeated by
    * Added links to appropriate places
    * BUGFIX: There is something going weird with the control keyups/keydowns after a wall crash that needs fixing

While we'd still welcome any difficulty curve related feedback (or other topic feedback) we've opened this up to sponsor viewing over on Flash Game License now.  It was approved yesterday evening for sponsor viewing and we are already getting some bid interest so that is quite exciting after all the work we've put in these past couple months.  Jeremy and I would definitely like to thank everyone here who has left their feedback!  We'll post an announcement in the appropriate area once the game is released.

Best regards,
Dave Evans
Hybrid Mind Studios 

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic