Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411596 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 09:27:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesMass Effect 3
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3  (Read 29838 times)
squeakyReaper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2012, 05:11:22 PM »

Not being able to scope in ME1 while injured made being an Infiltrator a bitch. I can understand that it's to keep you from running guns blazing, but medigel has a hell of a cool down. I spent quite a bit of the game sitting in a corner after a battle, waiting for my medigel cool down, or for my suit to heal itself. And fuck all if someone was poisoned.
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2012, 05:14:54 PM »

I used to just go Marksman while playing an Infiltrator. And having such a wobbly grip on the sniper rifle made me under use it, unless I was giving the initial surprise attack.

And overload disabling your current weapon was a bitch.

JoGribbs
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »

This is a good article about why people think the ending is bad.
PaleFox
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2012, 10:40:52 PM »

i didn't do enough fetch quests and then was only given one choice for the ending

can anyone seriously tell me why the MERGE ENDING was made impossible because i didn't find go mine enough asteroids to find books for boring asshats on the citadel

i dont care that the endings are bad so much as that all my choice was removed. moral? immoral? fuck you go do more sidequests for no reason
deathtotheweird
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2012, 12:01:56 AM »

are you sure? I'm almost 100% certain that no matter how bad your score is you get the two choices. the third/merge option seems like just a bonus novelty ending, it really makes no sense to me.

I really think the ending was rushed, remember when Engineer Adams requests some thermal thing? After you buy it, it's never mentioned again after they install it.

Oh, and the scene at the end where you see Joker flying the Normandy through the relay? It really felt like there should have been something there that explained why he was flying around in the middle of space for no reason, but there wasn't.

Hope future DLC fixes those huge holes in the ending. Considering how widespread the hatred is for the ending, I don't see why they wouldn't. They wouldn't be the first company to fix an ending through DLC.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2012, 12:07:04 AM »

Hope future DLC fixes those huge holes in the ending. Considering how widespread the hatred is for the ending, I don't see why they wouldn't. They wouldn't be the first company to fix an ending through DLC.

"Hey guys we messed up the ending pay us $10 for a much better fixed ending Wink Wink Wink

With love,
EA"

It's coming, god damnit.

squeakyReaper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2012, 12:50:30 AM »

are you sure? I'm almost 100% certain that no matter how bad your score is you get the two choices. the third/merge option seems like just a bonus novelty ending, it really makes no sense to me.

If your score didn't meet the threshold, your decision is based on whether you destroyed or preserved the collector base. If you did, then you get to choose between destroy or control. If your war assets exceeded 5000, you can choose to do merge. I think that's how it goes, anyways.

E: If your assets are low (not sure how low), some endings kill the soldiers on earth. If it's high enough, only the Reapers are defeated/etc.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 06:25:52 AM by squeakyReaper » Logged
PaleFox
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2012, 09:00:18 AM »

if your score is too low, you only get one option regardless of what you've done in the past. collector base, whatever, doesn't matter. there's no reason for this to be the case.

i can dig why the earth might blow up if the score is too low, sure, or other things like that, but not why i couldn't pick the other two endings.
AshfordPride
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2012, 11:12:09 AM »

DAY WHO GIVES A SHIT OF ME PLAYING ALL THE MASS EFFECT GAMES

Enemy health regen is the worst thing to happen to third person shooters since...  Mass Effect.  Trying to get to Mordin in Vorcha City, USA on insanity difficulty is terrible.  If you don't constantly focus one dude they just jump up to full health in seconds.  Was hoping I could finish Mass Effect 2 today, and jump on Mass Effect 3, but things are moving at a crawl.

Morale low, strongly considering switching to Alpha Protocol. 
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 11:23:52 AM by Samtagonist » Logged
JoGribbs
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2012, 11:49:58 AM »

Mass Effect 2 (***)
Alpha Protocol (****)

do it.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2012, 12:07:24 PM »

Posting my twin's review of the game because why the hell not

http://www.tbstactics.com/2012/03/mass-effect-3-pc-review.html
TeeGee
Level 10

Huh?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2012, 01:15:32 PM »

DAY WHO GIVES A SHIT OF ME PLAYING ALL THE MASS EFFECT GAMES

Enemy health regen is the worst thing to happen to third person shooters since...  Mass Effect.  Trying to get to Mordin in Vorcha City, USA on insanity difficulty is terrible.  If you don't constantly focus one dude they just jump up to full health in seconds.  Was hoping I could finish Mass Effect 2 today, and jump on Mass Effect 3, but things are moving at a crawl.

Morale low, strongly considering switching to Alpha Protocol. 

Vorcha health regen is actually their special ability, not a general combat mechanic. They are like trolls in fantasy games. You can prevent their and Krogan regeneration by using Incinerate or flaming ammo.

Tom Grochowiak
MoaCube | Twitter | Facebook
squeakyReaper
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »

Warp also works. I believe you have Miranda and Jacob with you at that point. Try using Pull with Jacob, then Warp on Miranda to detonate Warp in an area.
AshfordPride
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »

Yeah, I'll figure it out.  It's not my first time playing ME2, just the first time at this difficulty and on the PC.

Also, the Final Hours of Mass Effect 3 has been released on the Apple Store!  Here's just a taste of the genius behind ME3!

Dragonmaw
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »

I sort of agree with that, at least within the concept that ending on a boss battle would probably feel too game-y.
AshfordPride
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2012, 04:36:39 PM »

I sort of agree with that, at least within the concept that ending on a boss battle would probably feel too game-y.

Wouldn't want anything too satisfy-y.
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2012, 04:37:27 PM »

They had already gone the route of practically making the game into the videogame equivalent of action schlock, it would have actually fit to add a final boss at that point.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2012, 04:51:06 PM »

Wouldn't want anything too satisfy-y.

Because RPGs based around choice really benefit from boss battles. That's why the Human Revolution boss fights were well-received by the gaming community.
AshfordPride
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2012, 05:09:49 PM »

Because RPGs based around choice really benefit from boss battles. That's why the Human Revolution boss fights were well-received by the gaming community.

First of all, the point of my bitter sarcasm was originally to just call attention to the term 'video-gamey'.  It's such a disgusting thing to hear someone who makes a video game say.

Secondly, yeah, it could've worked in Mass Effect 1.  Imagine if when you got Saren to kill himself he just stayed down.  You've confronted him about his relationship with the Reapers a few times, and it's become abundantly clear that no organic working for the cause of the Reapers is doing so under their own will.  It's a nice correlation of a few plot points, and it rewards you for maxing out Renegade or Paragon.

Mass Effect 3 is not an RPG where your choices matter.  They spent three games working out how to make this as 'video-gamey' as they could.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »

In the long run, that one last plop of diarrhea onto an entire mass of dogshit wouldn't have mattered, but it's more the principle of the thing.

If Mass Effect 3 had a big boss battle at the end it would feel even worse and even more stupid than it already does. The whole point of the game (and the series in general) is learning to cooperate and shit, so making it "Commander Shepard takes out the bad guy" is already dumb as hell. As is, the game lacks any real boss fights, and I'm glad for that. It's not a game I want boss fights in.

Boss fights work best in the shmup, beat-em-up, and metroidvania (action platformer) genres. That's pretty much it.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic