Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 12:42:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeMost Moving Game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Most Moving Game  (Read 25795 times)
Seth
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »

Wait, yeah--what?
Bandages
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2010, 10:07:52 PM »

Heavy Rain?
Hempuliā€½
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2010, 04:09:18 AM »

DERP

Dang!  I wasn't even aware you could do that!  I gotta play Dorf Fortress again.

I'm fairly positive he referred to Abe's Oddysee. Heh. Wink

J. R. Hill
Level 10

hi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2010, 02:43:02 PM »

Oh yeah I gotta add Neverhood to the list.

hi
Carl
Level 0

rugs and roses

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2010, 01:56:01 AM »

Since it hasn't been mentioned and it was the first one I thought of:
Primal.

I was blown away when i played the demo and the full-game was amazing.

Jen(human/demon hybrid):"You can't swim"
Scree(gargoyle):"I'know I'll just sink and walk on the bottom"
Jen:"They could take that to the olympics"

Just one of many conversations that made the game so good.
Yes also to Braid,World of Goo,Max Payne 1+2,Prey,Black and White and the recent Metro.

Yours Sincerely<br /><br />Carl
superflat
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2010, 02:54:29 AM »

Ending of Shenmue 2.  Silent Hill 2.  Earthbound.  FFVII/X.  Chrono Trigger.  Flower.  Pathways.  Home.

Thinking about it, there aren't enough games that attempt to elicit emotions other than joy.

Greender
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »

Chrono Cross really attached me to the characters, silent hill 2 and 4 really put me in a stressed-scared feeling, metal gear solid 2 (I really liked raiden), metal gear solid 4 (Epic!), breath of fire 4 (I don't remember that good but I think it touched me).
Heavy rain really disappointed me, the story seemed so great, but it was a standard murder mistery, not that great.

gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »

MGS4 and Cave Story.

Indie games I have purchased:
Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »

It's not the game that moved me most, but I was all kinds of emotional when I had to put Jen out of her misery in Prey.
Yeah, that really shocked me.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
Conker534
« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »

CoD 4 Ending T_T! ..Grigs Sad
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2010, 06:52:19 AM »

I always think it's kind of sad when these games have these huge worlds just full of stuff, and then you get near the end and everything just stagnates. There's really nothing left to do, and you lose the immersion.
God, don't get me started on that. How you get cut off from the world at the end of FF8 and 9 is just sad, not to mention that I wanted to go back to their worlds after I beat the game but they just end
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 06:59:03 AM by gunswordfist » Logged

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
RotateMe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2010, 07:22:19 AM »

Breath of Fire 2, Breath of Fire 4, Silent Hill 1 and Terranigma. All mostly near or at end game. You'd just have to play them to find out why.

Plus one for Terranigma. The ending is really amazing and very sad in my eyes. But also during the game there are tear inducing scenes, for example the part with the geezers, the dream sequences, the revelation of the twists and always the atmosphere that keeps hitting the nail on the head. Since it didn't get a US release I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet, it has great graphics, gameplay and like I said an amazing story.
gunswordfist
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2010, 07:24:29 AM »

Breath of Fire 2, Breath of Fire 4, Silent Hill 1 and Terranigma. All mostly near or at end game. You'd just have to play them to find out why.

These are just off the top of my head, there is probably more.
Breath of Fire 2? Hmmm, I can think of two parts in that game but that's it.

Spelunky
Shoot 1UP
TheShard1994
Level 2

Crits appreciated

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2010, 09:20:24 AM »

Brutal Legend
Too bad it didn't sell as much as they hoped, else there'd be a Brutal Legend 2.
I loved the story, fell "in love"(not literally, of course) with Ophelia, but Ophelia was the character who bad things happened to.
xelanoimis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2011, 04:39:47 AM »

Most classic adventure games, mostly Indiana Jones FOA, Kirandia 2, Longest Journey etc. Before that, Dizzy adventures on Z80, Saboteur 2. Some indie adventures, like 5 days a stranger series (quite scary and atmospheric game). Also Silent Hill 2, Uncharted 2 (not 1, we'll see about 3).

Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2011, 11:57:38 AM »

Syberia 2's ending, probably one of the most moving game endings I know. Baten Kaitos's ending, L.A. Noire's ending was also a bit surprise. There is few others but which I can't remember right now  Huh?

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2011, 12:09:48 PM »

The most moving game is obviously DDR
McMutton
Level 10

McMutton

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2011, 12:15:23 PM »

I was just about to make that joke.
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:10 PM »

I don't think I've ever found a game moving. When they try to be it seems a little off. Far Cry 2 for example tried to get people to think about serious issues in the end. But despite being set in a conflict-lookin' zone and occasionally showing darker aspects of human nature, it was at its heart a cheesy action movie, staring the typical over-the-top action guy, and actual substance was light. As a result the end really clashes. "oh by the way people are dying in cookie cutter conflicts like this and it's bad." Points for trying, I guess--it would have been poor taste for them to try to end it any other way.

Bioshock tried to have a touching ending if you were good. I thought it was okay but didn't really feel anything from it.

1213(?I think that's what it was called) had a good ending. Yahtzee is good.

Endings about redemption usually feel like cop-outs in most games that I've played that used them.

Planescape had a brilliant ending, but I didn't feel emotionally moved by it but it fit perfectly whether you played good or evil, which is impressive in those kinds of games and it was a bit thought provoking.

Final Fantasy Tactics and VII both ended perfectly as far as I recall (especially tactics). I played them when I was a little one though so memory might be a bit corrupted. More easily impressed back then.

Max Payne II had a well told story if you're into way over the top noir. I liked it Noir. The ending fit. Max Payne 1 was kind of all over the place though.

Endings for the portal games were good but not emotionally moving.

The ending of "The Shiva" was good. Brilliant adventure game. People should shell out the five dollars and play it, damnit.

Hmm.

Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2011, 09:29:08 PM »

In Civ2 when there is a small island nation which you help out now and then just for the sake of it, and then China comes with their nukes and levels it.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic