Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411583 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:43:41 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallStorm2D
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Storm2D  (Read 1121 times)
r0land
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2014, 08:06:11 PM »

Storm2D is a fast-paced and action-packed 2D sidescrolling multiplayer shooter
inspired by Liero and Soldat. Download for free from http://storm2d.net/

Trailer:

Existing features:
  • Multiplayer online with official US, EU and AUS servers
  • Works on Windows, Linux and Mac
  • Destructible polygon terrain
  • 8 Game modes including Zombies, Capture the flag and Deathmatch  
  • Mod Support
  • Auto-update system

Planned features: (Ordered by priority)
  • Vehicles
  • Conquest and HQ Defence Gamemodes
  • Campaign Mode
  • Ingame Map Editor
  • Missions
  • Minigames
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 01:30:52 AM by r0land » Logged

Snow
Level 0

experienced gamer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:44 PM »

A lot of work is going into this game and it has huge potential. I would encourage anyone reading this to seriously check it out. If you've played or seen Soldat in action, this game is as good. With destructible terrain and vehicular possibilities, many potential fun modes.

A pencil, blank paper and an empty room is all you need.
r0land
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 06:46:32 AM »

A lot of work is going into this game and it has huge potential. I would encourage anyone reading this to seriously check it out. If you've played or seen Soldat in action, this game is as good. With destructible terrain and vehicular possibilities, many potential fun modes.
Thanks man Smiley I really appreciate your kind words about the game. Helps motivate me to keep working hard on it!

vethan
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 11:10:19 AM »

The look reminds me of LieroX that I used to play YEARRSS ago!!  I may well have to check this out

peteuplink
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 11:17:45 AM »

That looks nice. Good job! I'll have to keep an eye on this  Smiley
r0land
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 11:31:56 AM »

The look reminds me of LieroX that I used to play YEARRSS ago!!  I may well have to check this out
Haha yeah I had some good fun playing LieroX mods with a friend of mine, this is one of the games that really inspired me to make Storm2D!

That looks nice. Good job! I'll have to keep an eye on this  Smiley
Thanks Smiley

Martin 2BAM
Level 10

@iam2bam

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 11:40:30 AM »

This is great! I remember enjoying Soldat very much in my teens, but with the stuff you're aiming at it will surely kick it's ass. You got me at Destructible polygon terrain, something I always wanted to do Smiley

Working on HeliBrawl
r0land
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »

This is great! I remember enjoying Soldat very much in my teens, but with the stuff you're aiming at it will surely kick it's ass. You got me at Destructible polygon terrain, something I always wanted to do Smiley
Thanks man, me too Smiley Soldat was the only game I ever got hooked on. Storm2D still has got a way to go but I think it's got a lot of potential. There's this design inside my head of how it could be. Hopefully I can make it a reality someday!

Snow
Level 0

experienced gamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 12:27:49 AM »

Also I should add that these type of games NEED the community behind it. Soldat never got to where it did without community. Sure its player base is smaller now, but the game came out in 2002 and for the last 12 years, there's been more spectacular headshots, epic ninja dodges, epic grenade tosses, epic knife tosses and stabbings, mid-air weapon catches - then using that weapon for one or more awesome kills, multiple mid-air kills, insane flag grabs, entire teams decimated by one player, jaw dropping 'table-turning', screens and keyboards smashed, then replaced with brand new ones to be smashed again, joint pain in my left middle finger caused by hitting the jump button repeatedly per round and a total of 423,868 times since I started playing, tauntings, tea-baggings, corpse humiliation, and /piss than you could imagine. MM's next game KAG was the same, it needed community to help build it (of course, I'm still an old build 57 to build 80 grouch.. how I miss them so much.. days of gold sacks and endless multiple hour battles.. sorry MM/Geti). KAG grew into a solid and awesome game.

Storm2d could provide another 12 years of epic multiplayer shootery goodness. A good shooter doesn't have to be limited to bland 3d fps. With this game's extra features and the fact that it will be a hell of a lot easier to mod and make maps for (as opposed to an FPS.. shit even as old as Doom), pure incredible potential. Roland is doing good so far, but it needs a strong community. So get your asses to Storm2d, join the forums and get started. Smiley

A pencil, blank paper and an empty room is all you need.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic