Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 01:22:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAmbarek - A teambased medieval third person sandbox mmo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ambarek - A teambased medieval third person sandbox mmo  (Read 528 times)
Exima
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2014, 05:59:01 AM »

Hello everyone,

Well thats a pretty snooty titel i guess...
My name is Exima and I would like to introduce you to our Project Ambarek.

I think the best way to explain it is with a playexample:

Before you spawn, you can skill yourself out of a few classes using Skillpoints which you can freely spend on the different trees. The Skilltrees are:
Melee fighter
Hunter
Cook
Farmer
Blacksmith
Serf
Builder

Let's assume you skilled yourself as a fighter.
(you can reskill every 2 realtime hours - 24ingame hours)
You spawn random on an Island, there's no way to find out where you are. You've got nothing but a shitty little stoneaxe in your hands. So what do you do?
You start walking in a direction. Maybe, you'll run into another player. What will you do? Will you attack him with your stoneaxe to get his stoneaxe? Maybe not... Will you talk to him? Maybe. Maybe you two will start a group. So you keep walking.

Maybe you run into another player. And another one. Let's assume you guys are now a little group of 6 people.
And you guys are getting hungry. So one guy has to be hunter to hunt down some animals. Where does the hunter get a bow? One guy has to be a blacksmith. How does the blacksmith craft a bow? One guy has to be a serf to get ressources. So the hunter goes with his shitty little bow, because the blacksmith has no proper equipment, to hunt some rabbits.
You guys know in the night there spawn some enemies nearby and instantly attack you, making the game into a coop-survival where you need to survive 1 wave.
You know, when one of you guys dies, he spawns somewhere on the island again, he can't come back to you, because you have no flag, which is a spawnpoint. You basically loose a friend.
So you, the fighter, need a weapon to fight off the monsters using a Mount&Blade Warband-style fighting system. Means you guys have to search for a little ironsource, and one has to skill as a builder, to build proper equipment for the blacksmith.
He needs more wood to do so, maybe two serfs are needed, maybe another guy who ran into you guys. So he has a little house now, you have a weapon and maybe you survived the night. You guys have some food from the hunter, but you are tired. So it would be a good way to build a base right?

Maybe some other dudes already joined your group and you are able to build a flag, where you can spawn when you die. The group is now pretty big, let's say 20 people. It would be a good plan to build a little wooden fortress where you guys can sleep in the night right?
And you need more weapons. That means, you need to search for a mine, where you can get more ore, stone an everything else you need.

Mines are full of monsters, so you need more fighters with shitty weapons to clear it. After you've done it the serfes can go and get some materials. After some time, you guys finally have your wooden fort. Maybe your group is now bigger, let's say 50 people.
You guys could build a stone fortress, explore some other groups, see what they built, maybe make some wars... make some alliances.... Create ships and sail to different islands, different climate zones...
And so and so on.

Ambarek is based on teamplay, but it doesn't force you to do anything.
A good example is the econonmy system: There is gold ore, you can smelt gold coins out of it.
But are you forced to accept gold coins as a payment? No.
They are completely useless, you can't create anything with them. But you could use them as a payment in your group, maybe if you have some kind of Clanleader. Groups can be fairly complicated, considering they can be up to 200 people.

We, Team Halfbyte, are now working on this project for 2 years, and based on the Jmonkeyengine we created the Xenon Engine, which will be able to get this project working. We are a few months from our first alpha release (which will be unplayable, but we will patch stuff in).

If you are interested in our game, check out our steamgroup, where we post news in the announcement section: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Ambarek

Or our website: www.ambarek.net

Btw: Excuse me for my terrible english...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic