Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 09:52:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMS Paint Adventures
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: MS Paint Adventures  (Read 8019 times)
Dhomochevsky
Level 0

humm.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2008, 08:22:31 AM »

this is brilliant!  :D
can't wait to see how it ends..

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2008, 02:26:02 PM »

I laughed so hard about "pose as a team, because SHIT JUST GOT REAL!"  :D
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2008, 02:42:09 PM »

I laughed so hard about "pose as a team, because SHIT JUST GOT REAL!"  :D
I actually tried to make it my avatar, but I couldn't get the size thing right.

Cerogravian
Level 2

Working As Designed

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2008, 04:58:29 PM »

Check out http://www.mspaintadventures.com/psicons/index.html , he hasn't put up that one, but the gun-wielding lineup is quite neat  Wink

is one of my favourites  Grin
Alevice
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 06:25:05 PM »

I'm liking it a lot, but I liked it better when it was just about getting the fuck out of their offices, and pissing each other off. Like a film noir version of the  3 Stooges, with glitches all around.

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2008, 07:09:37 PM »

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing through the subtle absurdities of the first portion.  The current overblown state and mechanics of things are still amusing, but not in the same manner, or to the same degree of success.

Nonetheless, the whole thing is brilliant.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »

Check out http://www.mspaintadventures.com/psicons/index.html , he hasn't put up that one, but the gun-wielding lineup is quite neat  Wink

is one of my favourites  Grin
That was the other one I was going to do!
Thanks!

William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »

this is brilliant!  :D
can't wait to see how it ends..
I hope it does end though. It seems like he's not sure how to finish it. I think it'll get kind of old if SPOILERS Mobster Kingpin has another form after this one

dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2008, 06:13:47 AM »

I like the overblown and silly mechanics. They make me want to write a game that uses them.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 06:18:45 AM »

It'll end, Chutup. The author's been alluding to the end for a while now in his blog posts.

I definitely thought the original goofiness was the funniest. However, I'm equally awed and impressed by how he managed to keep track of all of the bizarre items now strewn through the area. I couldn't imagine being able to remember all of the stuff that's going on and being able to link it all together properly. Huh?
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2008, 06:42:18 AM »

It'll end, Chutup. The author's been alluding to the end for a while now in his blog posts.

I definitely thought the original goofiness was the funniest. However, I'm equally awed and impressed by how he managed to keep track of all of the bizarre items now strewn through the area. I couldn't imagine being able to remember all of the stuff that's going on and being able to link it all together properly. Huh?

Practice. But, also if you do something like this enough, you start being able to set things out without even realizing it, then pull them together when you need to. Earlier this year, I tried doing an experiment of a story serial (I usually do cathedral-style writing on novels) and see what happens. I didn't really have a plan when I started (I didn't figure out the plot until chapter 10), but somehow I managed to set up everything I needed to refer back to the first 10 chapters even, and keep a consistent story, when I finished it at chapter 65. I only had to make one backtrack correction (someone's name needed to fit a pattern).

I suspect at the person who did MS Paint Adventures is doing the same. Have it slightly planned ahead and just manage to tie everything together as they go.

(Not that I put myself in his category, though. I haven't even remotely mastered humor.)
Cerogravian
Level 2

Working As Designed

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2008, 06:53:04 AM »

...actually, he's done a couple of misses Tongue
The biggest one being, which I noticed when he put up the first explanation of all of the clones and duplicates of the characters. When PI uses his regurlar cloning skill in battle with the gigantic monster version of himself, he summons the Candy Mecha and later, at http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000795 he states "Half your party is slain, leaving 3 remaining, including the one piloting the mecha.", and when the fight is done at http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=000812 , we see that he has totally forgotten about the clone piloting the mecha.
Just a little mistake at first, but it got really interesting when the Candy Mecha got mixed up in the fractal duplication event, and basically created an infinite number of PI's, all in decreasing size  :D

(Not sure how hardcore the Tigersauce crowd is on spoilers, so I took the safe route Tongue
It goes without saying that if you don't want to get spoiled you shouldn't click the links)

EDIT: Oh and Dmoonfire - he explains his workings in the FAQ (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?faqs=show ),  and it sounds like a good and believable way, and and more than a fair compromise Smiley
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 06:56:43 AM by Cerogravian » Logged
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2008, 07:14:23 AM »

Yeah, its a good compromise. Actually, I love writing with feedback from users, they ask for things that you don't even consider and then you can merge it into the story as you go. But, I can also see why he had to take over parts of the story. IF has that problem also, sometimes you have to know the programmer to figure out some of the puzzles (the speakeasy case).

Still impressive job and enjoyable to read. And he's belting out pages at a pretty good clip (I have it on my RSS reader).
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 02:37:22 AM »

Forgive the bump but did anybody else notice that  Angry looks exactly like Fiesta Ace Dick (without the hat)?

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 02:54:40 AM »

Oh, totally. Does this mean we should add a "Perforated Zombie" smilie, too?
diwil
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 04:25:20 AM »

This is too awesome to find words for. :D
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic