Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411703 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 19, 2024, 07:13:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralHOLY SHIT GUYS WORLD OF GOO IS OUT
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: HOLY SHIT GUYS WORLD OF GOO IS OUT  (Read 5424 times)
Pacian
Text Heavy
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »

I've heard about it since forever, but everybody's been so busy being amazed at it, nobody seems to have gotten around to saying why it's so great.   Tongue

(\ /)
(O.o) - Achtung, baby!
(> <)
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 02:56:02 PM »

Just bought it on Wiiware, it's great fun!  Beer!

I think I just made a world of goo in my pants!
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2008, 03:01:27 PM »

Just bought it on Wiiware, it's great fun!  Beer!

I think I just made a world of goo in my pants!

World of Ew.
dmoonfire
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2008, 04:39:18 PM »

I've heard about it since forever, but everybody's been so busy being amazed at it, nobody seems to have gotten around to saying why it's so great.   Tongue

Very simple mechanics, but they scale up through 40+ levels pretty easily. Occasionally, they throw you some twists that make you think. Adorable little things that squee when you pick them up and grumble when you set them aside. Cartoon-style images and a backstory that is... snarky while mocking at the same time; and yet fun to see where it comes through.
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2008, 11:12:18 PM »

Still no reply from Steam. I think I've had it with them. This is the kind of game I'd like to play offline, and that has usually caused me misery with Steam.

Paypal isn't working, and the Direct2Drive webpage has too many awkward boasts about their DRM. Does anyone have any experience with Greenhouse or Beanstalk?

jstckr
Level 7

ilu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 11:52:43 PM »

Looks like ill have to finish the game twice. It's a tough life...

Probably not. I finished my preorder version three days ago and got the Steam version yesterday, and it imported/uses the save states of the preordered game. I instantly unlocked one achievement this way, and now work on getting those damn OCP flags. They're hard!

Cagey
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 12:03:23 AM »

It automatically imports saves? Nifty. How did you activate your steam version? I can't figure it out...

Edit: I've tried putting my magic key in to Activate a product on steam to no avail D:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:12:33 AM by Cagey » Logged

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 12:09:24 AM »

I always think it's foolish to release a demo after a game's already been released. Even more so half a year after. It kind of defeats the point. The demo is meant to give people interested in the game a taste of it. By the time they release this demo most people who were interested will either have gotten it already or moved on.

On Friday at Indiecade, there was a session from the head of EEDAR, which is a company that collects sales data, coupled with a range of stats on every single commercial PC/console games from the PS2 onwards.  He had an interesting chart showing that releasing a demo and trailer increased sales stats for games respectably, but games that released a trailer and no demo sold even better.  I think the powerpoint from that talk is going to be posted online -- I hope so, because it had a bunch of really useful sales information in it.

@doomlaser, mark johns
SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 10:44:29 AM »

I bought it for the pc, but it seems to screw uo all the times, buttons overlapping and shunken, currupted saves that magic uncurrupt upon rebooting and blue screening.

But when I get into the game I do enjoy it, grat for passing by that lunch hour everyday

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »

Oh my their website is under a heavy load again. The same thing happened when they released the preorders. Can you guys imagine what it would be like if they had the demo there...

... They'll be putting out a demo tomorrow Shocked

Greg Game Man
Level 5

i have to return some videotapes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 04:13:46 PM »

I've heard about it since forever, but everybody's been so busy being amazed at it, nobody seems to have gotten around to saying why it's so great.   Tongue

One thing thats really cool, is the story/events/levels all relate to the world, and certain issues..its actually really interesting, and some levels force you to do certain things, which reinforce the ideology trying to be communicated. Its so damn clever.

ALSO, i just found out what goo corp or w/e is..its where all the goo balls you have stay. And you build a tower with them, (ITS ALL ABOUT TRIANGLES PEOPLE!) and there are clouds showing how high other people online have built, its a great idea imo. One for the wannabe archetects....of....goo...erm..

gummikana
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2008, 11:52:50 PM »

Kyle and Ron have created a demo for the game and it can be downloaded from here: http://2dboy.com/forum/index.php?topic=378.0.

They are using mirrors and other sites to easy up that the demo would otherwise create.

Petri Purho
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2008, 06:01:51 AM »

I bought this last night and it is fantastic.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 08:57:44 AM »

I played the demo then purchased as soon as it was over :O  Good stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic