Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411599 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 08:23:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralBest Bosses (image heavy + spoilers galore)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Best Bosses (image heavy + spoilers galore)  (Read 18775 times)
moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 01:21:46 PM »

Always loved a lot of the bosses from Final Fight personally. They all had a lot of character but the first one I thought was pretty badass.

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 02:24:47 PM »

Nostalgia talking, this was great

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 03:03:42 PM »

Shit yes, man. Every boss in that game is awesome.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »

Can't believe I forgot my precious Ecco.
ChevyRay
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 04:17:27 PM »

I've never gotten past the beginning of Ecco.

Shocked But holy shit that looks insane!
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 04:25:31 PM »

Yeah, Ecco the Dolphin takes a turn for the... interesting about half-way through. It's worth just looking up the passwords for each level to see the random places that Ecco ends up in. The art design for the Ecco is brilliant. Tears of Joy
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 04:59:30 PM »

I'ma list some bosses from Sin and Punishment. They were all amazing but these are my favourites. I can't find pics for these but there might be Youtube videos.

Radan:The great thing about this boss was that he shifted your perspective. For the whole game you're strafing from side to side and attacking enemies in front of you, as you would expect from a rail shooter. But when you fight Radan, he's on the same plane as you, making it more like a sidescoller.
He's in this video at 2:50.

Kachua: Kachua was just a really weird boss. For some reason that's never explained, she attacks by summoning various low-level enemies and throwing them at you. She's in the above video at 5:16.

Polestar:This boss was an asshole. See, in S&P you can choose between lock-on aiming, which is for noobs, and free aiming. But what they don't tell you clearly is that free aim actually does more damage than lock-on. That's not a problem until you face Polestar, which you have to destroy in a very short time, meaning that it is completely impossible unless you use free aim. It's basically a trap to punish weak players.
Polestar appears at the start of this video:

Birth Model: Birth Model was a boss made up of lots of little potato things blocking your path. Like some demented puzzle game, you had to clear the screen of potatoes before they regenerated. Just shooting them normally wasn't fast enough to keep up with the constant regeneration, so you had to seek out laser shooting potatoes, which caused a chain reaction when they exploded.
Birth Model appears at 9:10 in the video above.

Earth Mimicry:The final boss. It's an evil clone of Earth. What more is there to say?
Video of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIU8Rx27isI&feature=related

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 05:41:20 PM »

My favorite Yoshi's Island boss was the frog.
The look on Yoshi's face afterward was enough to make it alone.

moshboy
Level 8

i am the sick feeling in the pit of your stomach

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 06:31:34 PM »

Hammerin Harry

Castle Crashers

Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 06:33:01 PM »

Alien Head Ship from Metal Slug 3

I'm sorry, but there were at least... three bosses better than him in Metal Slug 3. A little cheap for someone of my skill. He's still freaking brilliant, though. I think it's the mouth that does it.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »

The art design for the Ecco is brilliant. Tears of Joy
The sequel has a whole section that looks like 70s prog album art. You could probably say that about the entire game but that section in particular stands out.

For some years I was under the impression that Ecco 2 was an Amiga port purely on how the game looks and sounds. I was entirely wrong but there's nothing stopping me from pretending that it was.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 07:10:04 PM »

I still have never seen an Amiga in my life, nor had I even heard about them recently. I was brought up on a nearly-complete library of NES and Sega Genesis games. I'm a console kid.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 07:11:59 PM »

Man, you've simultaneously missed so much and yet so little.
ChevyRay
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 07:14:48 PM »

Alien Head Ship from Metal Slug 3

I'm sorry, but there were at least... three bosses better than him in Metal Slug 3. A little cheap for someone of my skill. He's still freaking brilliant, though. I think it's the mouth that does it.
What are you sorry for? Huh? That's why I posted it. There were also like 50 awesome Castlevania bosses that I didn't post.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 07:24:32 PM »

Part of me just wants to post every boss that has ever been conceived by Treasure, but I'm trying to resist.

Meanwhile:

The SA-X, antagonist of Metroid Fusion. It makes for some pretty creepy scenes and areas.
Cerogravian
Level 2

Working As Designed

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2008, 03:10:31 AM »

Several of my favourites have already been posted, but I'll try to keep the flow going:

Alien Hominid:

Not sure what he was called, but he's my favourite in the game.

Ôkami:

Lots of great bosses in that one, but the Nine Tails is absolutely one of my favourites. Doing normal, monstery attacks, using her tails as burrowing tentacles, a huge friggin' sword and celestial brush techniques of her own that would cancel yours if she was faster. It's kind of weird that she still was so easy to beat Tongue

the Metroids:
Have always had lots of great bosses, though I've always preferred Kraid over Ridley Tongue
But, I think that a shoutout is in order for this little bugger:

Just a miniboss, but I think he's awesome.

Psychonauts:

Kochamara is the shit.
"Ooooverrrrrlyyyyy Innnnn-triiiiii-cate......COMBINATION!"
'nuff said  Grin

Finally, Final Fantasy X:

Say what you will about the game, but Anima is such a great boss/summon/character. Great design/art, neat backstory, awesome in gameplay and just plain awesome  Kiss

...I could do this all day, but I guess this is stretching on the polite regarding to post-length, so I'll take a breather here Tongue
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2008, 03:19:04 AM »

You like Castlevania, don't you?
konjak
Level 4

Bad to the bone.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2008, 03:50:04 AM »

Dear god, I love so many bosses... but I'm also bad at remember a lot in one sitting, so I'm going to leave out a billion bosses I love. Zelda is usually quick to mind with me...

Metroid Fusion, B.O.X.

Ocarina of Time, Dead Hand

Majora's Mask (this game has so many and such great bosses), Goht

Twilight Princess, Stallord

Streets of Rage 2, Mr. X

No More Heroes, Dr. Peace

So many more bosses I love, but I can't think of them now. And also the entirety of Yoshi's Island, especially Raphael the Raven, as was mentioned!

The latest DS Castlevania has a lot of great fights too, but I don't think there are images of the best ones yet.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2008, 12:21:12 PM »

Although ALL bosses in Contra Hard Corps are pretty awesome.
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »

Baby Bowser was in Contra Hard Corps!?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic