Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 07:26:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralThe International Club Of TIGs Gmodders
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The International Club Of TIGs Gmodders  (Read 1702 times)
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« on: October 27, 2008, 03:03:48 AM »

Greetings, TIGers! I come to you with a message of peace and the source engine! I love this game/mod, and I want people to play it with! When I'm on, I keep a server called "TIG Gmod Jam", password is "tigs", and we build and don't want no mingebags! Add me as a friend on steam, "Hedious", and we'll play!

(in other news, i need an invite to the tigsource steam group)

joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 03:35:02 PM »

I wish this were still free.  (It's not free, is it?  Please tell me it's free.)

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
Akhel
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 03:39:23 PM »

It's not. But it's only US$10 and it's worth it. Smiley
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 03:43:19 PM »

It's worth is SO MUCH. It's the best sandbox game there ever was.

Syrion
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 04:19:53 PM »

It's definitely worth it. The last free version, 0.9.4 can still be downloaded and played without a problem, but it's unlikely that you will still be able to find mods for it. But even without mods the new version is worth it, as there have been many great improvements. But still I guess I played the longest with the great WireMod for GMod 10, which basically let's you program in the mod Smiley You get lots of simple commands, like add/substract/multiply, etc. several sensors and lots more, letting you build cool stuff. Unfortunately I got a severe lack of creativity, but that typical little beginners' construction that is a stopwatch and this horribly unaesthetic but effective attack drone (automatically locking on to targets, driving towards them and firing, while still keeping a nice distance) were still fun to make Smiley

Oh, yeah: Cool idea, I'd like joining in some time Smiley

Ikiki Games Gallery - Nikujin & Co., the collected works featured in full-motion colour video!
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 06:42:50 PM »

I am now reinstalling Gmod. Grin
Thanks-a-fuckin'-lot, guys.

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
joshg
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 08:12:19 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure it's worth it, but my disposable income is zero right now and my backlog of games I'd like to pick up is growing.  I'll add this somewhere to the stack I guess.

these are from an actual radio shack in the ghetto
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 07:18:25 AM »

server is up! Grin

Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 08:25:49 AM »

I'm surprised that there isn't a freeware version of this yet. It's the type of game that you just expect to have an open version.

Would it be that hard to use the Sauerbraten engine and implement ODE in it? It has an ingame multiplayer map editor, so I think it'd just fit (along with a 3D Dwarf Fortress).

But anyway, yeah. Until then, I'm going to hop in on your server once in a while.  Smiley

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic