Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69387 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 08, 2024, 01:03:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralWTF!?! C&C 3 Infomercial Website?
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: WTF!?! C&C 3 Infomercial Website?  (Read 3368 times)
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:53:49 PM »

EA really is hitting new lows:

http://www.conquerthislife.com/

WTF

Now I feel guilty for being exited for this game.

EDIT: Yes, I completely get that this is a joke, and I find it funny to a degree, but it's that kind of funny that I find SO funny that I start to hate it; there's some loathing there.  I mean, my friends and I talk about the comedic throws of infomercials, so seeing EA do it is like seeing them try and play DIRECTLY to my demographic, and that's a little sad.

You know, I think TIGS needs an infomercial; we could each contribute some video and recordings and horrify the internet.  If we really went all out it could even go viral!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 06:07:30 PM by architekt » Logged
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:59:39 PM »

I just about lost it when the "International Superstar" subtitles appeared.

This is hilarious.

And I feel even better about being pumped for this game.  Beer!
reetva
Level 5

Bee dee bai do beeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »

That was awesome. So. Very. AWESOME. Tears of Joy

Hello!  I am here to boogie.  Shall we?
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:00:49 PM »

Dude, you must realize that this was made with tongue planted firmly in cheek.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 06:02:59 PM »

Dude, you must realize that this was made with tongue piercing right through cheek.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »

Dude, you must realize that this was made with tongue piercing right through cheek.
This is more accurate!  Kiss

And yeah, like I've now updated in the first post, I'm totally aware it's a joke.  And I know that RA3 is all about cheese, which is definitely a good thing.  I just can't believe that they took the joke THIS far.  I mean, the only other person to take it this far was Conan O' Brian a couple years back, and I still have such fond memories of his infomercial.  TIGS needs it's own infomercial...
battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 06:12:09 PM »

This is more accurate!  Kiss

And yeah, like I've now updated in the first post, I'm totally aware it's a joke.  And I know that RA3 is all about cheese, which is definitely a good thing.  I just can't believe that they took the joke THIS far.  I mean, the only other person to take it this far was Conan O' Brian a couple years back, and I still have such fond memories of his infomercial.  TIGS needs it's own infomercial...
They got a time-travelling Pennywise and Helicopters with shrinkrays, so I don't really know how you can take that "too far" Tongue
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 07:08:13 PM »

Mystic Schoolgirls from the Middle East? :D I am totally getting this game now.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 07:16:31 PM »

You didn't know about that?  :D

RA2 was a huge part of my late-childhood / early teens, so I'm really looking forward to getting to go back to that universe.  And I find the Cold War to be such a joke, so this totally makes it into an even bigger one.  I won't be playing it until mid-December though (architecture school is too insanely busy), so that kind of sucks.
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »

RA2 was a huge part of my late-childhood / early teens, so I'm really looking forward to getting to go back to that universe.  And I find the Cold War to be such a joke, so this totally makes it into an even bigger one.  I won't be playing it until mid-December though (architecture school is too insanely busy), so that kind of sucks.
Don't kill me but I have Never played a Red Alert before.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 08:19:20 PM »

No worries.  Beer!

It may be a bit old, but try and track down a copy of RA2, you have a blast!  A lot of my friends actually like RA1 more, but I think that's due to nostalgia, as I really don't get what's better about it.  And it's less of a joke than RA2 too, so I think it's less fun if only because of that.
Don't kill me but I have Never played a Red Alert before.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 10:00:54 PM »

I like RA1 a lot more, and it's not just due to nostalgia because I bought both RA1 and RA2 at the same time and played through both in the same month. The story and writing in RA1 was far better. RA2 wasn't bad, it was just a kind of pale shadow.

battlerager
Level 10

I resent that statement.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »

I like RA1 a lot more, and it's not just due to nostalgia because I bought both RA1 and RA2 at the same time and played through both in the same month. The story and writing in RA1 was far better. RA2 wasn't bad, it was just a kind of pale shadow.
I can't speak about the story as I have rarely played the campaign of a strategy game, and I didnt play any of those two single player.

From my experience, RA2 is way more flexible and ... "fun" in multiplayer than RA1. That is my opinion though.  Cool
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »

I don't really like playing games multiplayer, so I only played the single player campaigns in both. You're missing a lot if you haven't played them.

GregWS
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »

I'm a single player person too, so I have played both campaigns.  I'll admit that my memory of the first game's campaign is incredibly vague, whereas RA2 isn't, probably because I played through it again slightly more recently (well, over 2 years ago).  I dunno, I just remember RA2 taking itself that much less seriously and being more of a joke.  The writing probably was better in 1, but if campy is what I like about the RA series, then I'm naturally going to favor 2 (and maybe 3 will even top that).  I'd be happy if EA kept the serious stuff for plain old C&C and left RA as a big joke; I think it's better that way.
Don Andy
Level 10

Andreas Kämper, Dandy, Tophat Andy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2008, 11:58:07 PM »

Isn't that one guy from Heroes?
___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 01:00:13 AM »

So is the Hoff only doing this infomercial thing, or is he a character in the game?  I mean, its already enough that hes doing these videos.... but damn if he was in the game...
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 01:58:32 AM »

I think it's kinda nice of EA to give the poor guy a job.
brog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 02:27:57 AM »

And maybe.. Star Trek as well?
Don Andy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »

And maybe.. Star Trek as well?

Damn, he always seemed kind of familiar to me.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic