Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411605 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 05:43:37 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralGaming Addiction
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Gaming Addiction  (Read 4591 times)
sam2008
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2008, 04:27:43 AM »

Addiction is generally associated with increased drug tolerance. In physiological terms, addiction is not necessarily associated with substance abuse since this form of addiction can result from using medication as prescribed by a doctor.
===================================================
Sam
Drug Rehab
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2008, 04:43:03 AM »

Spambot bumped the thread... and I thought of something to add.

My cousin lived with me (he rented a room in my apartment) and was seriously addicted to DOTA (believe it or not). Lost his job, lied about looking for a new one, etc. I had to throw him out after missing the rent three months in a row. I actually don't know what he's doing now... He moved back to his father, and the pattern repeated. Then he moved in to his mother (they have separated) and was thrown out again. So the last thing I heard was that he lived at a friend's parents place, and they weren't to happy either, heh...

Anycase, that's not really what I wanted to say. What I wanted to say was that sometimes I play game that really drags me in and takes a long time to finish (Civilization, 12-hour marathon games at 3 frames per second in certain RTS:es etc). After I've wasted a whole weekend playing such game I usually get really frustrated with myself and uninstall the game in anger. Then the next day I feel a little bit sad because I wanted to play the game again, but since it's unstalled and I lost my savegames, I can't be bothered. Guess I wont be a successful addict afterall.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic