Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411711 Posts in 69403 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 06:40:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPocket Robots Test Chamber
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Pocket Robots Test Chamber  (Read 3943 times)
e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:40:56 PM »

Hello everyone!

POCKET ROBOTS TEST CHAMBER
Game about robots and electronic circuits.

LINKS
windows: itch.io / dropbox
web: http://echa.ru/gm/prtc/
android: Google Play
iOS: App Store

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:16:42 AM by e^cha » Logged
lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 05:23:18 PM »

I played the first 16 Levels and found it a lot of fun! (Stopped because I ran out of time, not motivation...)

I think I would have prefered to use drag&drop more often. For example to delete tools (drag them to the trash-bin) or to form and break connections.

Also the ability to pause the execution so you can analyze and debug the state of your circuit in a specific situation would be helpful.

And last but not least a little polish (sounds) and progression (maybe unlock the higher level tools through playing) and story might iimprove the game further. But it's pretty cool allready!

e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 10:36:15 PM »

lithander, thank you for your feedback!

As for darag&drop, it's hard for me to use it on touch screen device, so I made non-drag&drop interface first.
lithander
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 04:34:23 PM »

I finished the remaining levels! Smiley Reaching the flag through try and error isn't as much fun but was sometimes required. In some of them, especially 21, my solution felt like working accidentally and not like the intended solution. So I wished for a scoring mechanic that would validate an efficient solution. You seem to have a timer mechanic in place but it works only for a few levels and shows plain 1 for others. And a time without a reference to compare to isn't much good. How about medals or something that you can earn? Just finishing a level might earn your bronze and for faster and/or more minimal solutions you get better medals? Figuring out how to improve a solution could be as much fun as playing a level just to beat it.

e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 03:15:00 PM »

lithander, glad you complete the levels =)

I'd like to have ability to improve my circuits too. I think I forget about that.

e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 02:21:19 PM »

e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2014, 02:55:38 PM »

I've made a second episode with new character.

The new robot has sensors. He can check for bonuses, walls, fuel, etc.

The next thing I plan is to make a level editor.
Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 09:30:14 PM »

Definitely well done, so far! Easy to jump into, difficult to master. Keep up the good work!  Toast Right

e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 02:33:32 PM »

I think I should post here too. The game is released on itch.io!

I've made a level editor and Android version.
JMStark
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 10:41:00 AM »

This game has an awesome design! In particular, the different forms of input the circuit can take (timing, colors, fuel, wall/dot sensing) were the true stars of the show. These each allow for their own forms of puzzles and thus pace out the variety in a reasonable manner. I would like to see it grow into a full scale something-or-rather. Have you playtested this game with people who have not been educated in Boolean algebra? I wonder how high the barrier to entry is for them (maybe this design could even be used for educational purposes)?

Current Project: Shuffle Company
Twitter: JMRante
James Edward Smith
Level 2

Mover & Shaker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 01:06:23 PM »

Why did no one tell me about this game? It looks awesome!

I love circuitry/logic-gate/programming games!

Pike `n Shot  the first pshmup ever made. Twitter:@JamesEdSmith
e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 02:08:42 PM »

Have you playtested this game with people who have not been educated in Boolean algebra? I wonder how high the barrier to entry is for them (maybe this design could even be used for educational purposes)?
This is a screenshot sent to me by my mother (from early version of the game).

I think that first levels are not too hard, even if you don't know about Boolean algebra.
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 03:40:11 PM »

Really enjoying this. Games that use programming as a mechanic are cool.

Since there's an Android version, do you have an plans to release the game on IOS?

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2014, 11:57:16 PM »

Since there's an Android version, do you have an plans to release the game on IOS?
It is possible! The game can be compiled to iOS. But I haven't had mac/apple dev account for now.
Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 05:27:46 AM »

If you're interested, we could release it for you, no charge. We've already got a couple of games up on iTunes, would be happy to throw this one up for ya.

vinheim3
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2014, 06:33:00 AM »

Bought it on android, it's definitely a great addition to the very few number of programming/engineering games out there. Well done Smiley
e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2014, 03:11:23 AM »

Bought it on android, it's definitely a great addition to the very few number of programming/engineering games out there. Well done Smiley
Thank you!

If you're interested, we could release it for you, no charge. We've already got a couple of games up on iTunes, would be happy to throw this one up for ya.
Uh, I think that I need Apple dev. account to compile my game anyway. Is it correct? If I fail to release it on iOS, I ask you for help. Thanks!
Xienen
Level 3

Greater Good Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 01:56:52 PM »

Uh, I think that I need Apple dev. account to compile my game anyway. Is it correct? If I fail to release it on iOS, I ask you for help. Thanks!

Yeah, if you want to compile and release it yourself, you'll need an Apple Dev account. I was offering to take care of all of that for you, but I certainly understand if you wanting to control it all yourself. Toast Right

e^cha
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2015, 09:16:00 AM »

The game is released in app store =)
Yeah!

Win/web/android versions are also available.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic