Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411673 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 04:54:54 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRAGEKILL - Top Down 2D Shoot'em up Roguelike
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RAGEKILL - Top Down 2D Shoot'em up Roguelike  (Read 864 times)
Nic B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2014, 12:35:09 PM »

Top Down 2D Shoot'em up Roguelike...

RAGEKILL has a totally 100% destructible Levels. Everything blows up and becomes flaming tiles of debris with tons of screen-shake and explosions and enemy blood.

I have been developing the tile engine in Unity for a year and this game for about 3 months or so. Most of the graphics still need work - but that will come later.

I hope to have a playable alpha in a month or so - let me know if you would like to play!

Nic - TWITTER: @njbischoff

WEBM GAMEPLAY VIDEO HERE: http://webmup.com/BIWNz/

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:42:40 PM by Nic B » Logged
Nic B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:43:28 AM »

Any thoughts on the name?

I thought it may be a bit aggressive which may turn some players off.
Sub
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 02:45:41 AM »

I don't think the name is very good.  It's not rememberable, it's just two generic words stuck together.  I can't say that I can offer you any alternatives, though.  Naming things is hard.

It Usually Ends In Nuclear War, a 4x strategy game

9001, a fast paced action arcade game
Music Vortex
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:52:47 AM »

Any backstory that might help you out choosing the name?

Jose Mora-Jimenez - Composer
Website | Soundcloud|
Twitter
Nic B
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 04:19:22 AM »

I don't think the name is very good.  It's not rememberable, it's just two generic words stuck together.  I can't say that I can offer you any alternatives, though.  Naming things is hard.

Agreed it needs to change. Naming and context design is hard Smiley I think it has been the hardest part of the process so far.

Music Vortex - I want to keep the story down to a minimum, but I am leaning towards a post apocalyptic / sci-fi world. At the moment the game-play is:

Land in a zone - I haven't figured out how to reveal the entrance and exit of each stage. For instance, in Broforce you come in a truck and leave in a helicopter. In Risk of Rain you use portals, in Binding of Isaac you can use Doors and so forth.

You have an objective - ie kill all enemies -although why you are doing this is unknown by me at the moment.

The next stage loads etc.

I haven't done any enemy graphics yet because I am not sure where to take the story and setting.

Our other game, Stasis was built around a story and graphics but in this game I went for game-play first and hoped the story would evolve around the game - but that has not been as forth coming as I have hoped.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic