Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411607 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 11:55:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsManifold Garden
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 63
Print
Author Topic: Manifold Garden  (Read 395637 times)
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: May 22, 2016, 04:40:51 PM »

Got a question: Is the "60% state" still actual ?

Thanks - Kombiice  Gentleman

It's probably close to 70%, but it's hard for me to know for sure as it's my first game and I haven't been through this process before.

Ambitious first game Smiley. So you're 20% away from the second 90%.

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1021 on: May 23, 2016, 10:04:27 AM »

Ambitious first game Smiley. So you're 20% away from the second 90%.

Heh. Getting there!

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1022 on: May 23, 2016, 10:10:18 AM »

Devlog Update #301 - 05/23/2016

New Programmer! Introducing - Tom Huffman

Super stoked to share that a new programmer is joining the team!

Everyone say Hello to Tom Huffman!

I've asked Tom to write up a bit introducing himself:

----------------------

Hi, I’m Tom Huffman and here is a little about me.

I first taught myself to program by making small games and attending game jams. Before going into games I went to school for photography. I later went to DePaul for game development. At DePaul I worked on the VR game Dumpy: Going Elephants. Dumpy was made for an Oculus Rift game jam. It won a spot in the Indiecade West Oculus Rift booth and was latter shown at Bit Bash.

I recently worked for M1 Interactive making interactive advertising for trade shows and museums. At M1 I worked with Unity and Arduino to create one off experiences. The projects ranged from projection mapping and touch screens to augmented reality and vertical reality.

I continue to work with DePaul on their game capstone and art game classes. I work directly with capstone teams as a programming and design mentor. I have been doing this from around the time I graduated in 2013.

I try to go to any local Chicago game events like Indie City Games, Chicago Unity Meetup, or Bit Bash. I have also gotten way more into biking this last year and have switched my primary mode of transport to my bike.

I’m super excited to start working on Manifold Garden.

Cheers,

Tom Huffman

----------------------

Welcome to the Garden, Tom! Great to have you on board.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1023 on: May 23, 2016, 07:02:16 PM »

Welcome Tom!
Curious if you're doing a revenue split or charging by the hour( or both)?

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1024 on: May 25, 2016, 11:40:15 AM »

Devlog Update #302 - 05/25/2016

Development Update Video #01

I've decided to start doing weekly video updates on Manifold Garden's development.

Here is the first one:

Let me know what you think!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 08:16:07 AM by William Chyr » Logged

Kombiice
Level 0

Kombiice

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: May 26, 2016, 02:02:33 AM »

I like that idea, nice video!

Got a question related to the game itself: How long would it take to finish the game right now and what's the "finishing time goal" for release ?

Thanks  Wink

Hey
Cranktrain
Level 4

making gams

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1026 on: May 26, 2016, 06:44:25 AM »

Very much enjoyed the development video, they take a surprising amount of effort to produce! But there's few better ways to show changes.

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: May 26, 2016, 11:22:38 PM »

I like that idea, nice video!

Got a question related to the game itself: How long would it take to finish the game right now and what's the "finishing time goal" for release ?

Thanks  Wink

Right now, if you play through the game from the beginning to until the game breaks, there's about 2 -3 hours of content. There is more, but the levels just haven't been connected, so you need to use the level select menu to jump around.

I'm planning for the final game to have a finishing time for a first time player to be around 6 -8 hours, and for completionist to be closer to 20 hours.

Very much enjoyed the development video, they take a surprising amount of effort to produce! But there's few better ways to show changes.

I think once I get into good rhythm with these and sort out the pipeline challenges, I'll be able to make them relatively quickly.

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1028 on: May 28, 2016, 09:29:44 AM »

will you be at megacon, florida,  by any chance?

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1029 on: May 29, 2016, 10:12:10 PM »

will you be at megacon, florida,  by any chance?

No MegaCon. Looks like it just happened? Never heard of it until you posted it, actually.

Grhyll
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1030 on: May 29, 2016, 10:25:36 PM »

Interesting video! Small issue with the volume, it seems to get lower at some point.
First time posting on this devlog, but I've seen your project on so many places already, it's looking good!

Programmer at The Game Bakers
3-50.net
Current project: oQo
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1031 on: May 30, 2016, 11:28:01 AM »

Did you think about something similar to Portal's gels yet? Would be a nice puzzle addition. Would especially be interesting because of gravity fields!  Wink

I don't think I can do the liquid effect - doesn't seem like it will work well with the Manifold Garden's art style.

The water in MG is very stylized, and does behave sort of like the light bridges in Portal 2.
I think, it would still be possible to use voxel-like effect ~ somewhat similar to Minecraft.  For the moving water splashes, not all sides of the voxel would have to the the same length or a very thin, almost 2d shape might be a suitable style.   Similarly, once the water lands on a surface, it would still maintain a voxel-(or rather large pixel)-like pattern that is formed by straight lines at the edges.

Kombiice
Level 0

Kombiice

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 30, 2016, 12:38:34 PM »

Did you think about something similar to Portal's gels yet? Would be a nice puzzle addition. Would especially be interesting because of gravity fields!  Wink

I don't think I can do the liquid effect - doesn't seem like it will work well with the Manifold Garden's art style.

The water in MG is very stylized, and does behave sort of like the light bridges in Portal 2.
I think, it would still be possible to use voxel-like effect ~ somewhat similar to Minecraft.  For the moving water splashes, not all sides of the voxel would have to the the same length or a very thin, almost 2d shape might be a suitable style.   Similarly, once the water lands on a surface, it would still maintain a voxel-(or rather large pixel)-like pattern that is formed by straight lines at the edges.

Would be nice to have some kind of example picture for that!  Grin

Hey
William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1033 on: May 31, 2016, 05:39:21 AM »

Interesting video! Small issue with the volume, it seems to get lower at some point.
First time posting on this devlog, but I've seen your project on so many places already, it's looking good!

Yes, the volume definitely needs some tweaking. I just got a pop filter, so audio quality should be improved from now on.

And thanks for posting! Welcome to the devlog Smiley

I do have water streams - was mostly concerned with bodies of water.

Like Kombiice said, do you have a picture reference for what you're talking about?

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1034 on: May 31, 2016, 05:52:41 AM »

Devlog Update #303 - 05/31/2016

Dev Video & Beta Testing!

The second development update video is now up!

And I'm now starting up the first round of beta testing!

Kombiice
Level 0

Kombiice

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: May 31, 2016, 06:28:07 AM »

Good video!

Also signed the form for the beta test!  Smiley

Hey
io3 creations
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1036 on: May 31, 2016, 12:31:56 PM »

I do have water streams - was mostly concerned with bodies of water.

Like Kombiice said, do you have a picture reference for what you're talking about?
So far it's only in my imagination. Smiley

sam_suite
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1037 on: May 31, 2016, 09:34:08 PM »

Hey, cool! Loving these video updates. It's always fascinating to me how often real-world architectural movements inspire you -- and also how often they actually work with the level design.

I also went ahead and signed up for the beta!

Zorg
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 31, 2016, 11:26:01 PM »

I signed up but i guess that your game will not run smoothly on my old machine. Smiley
quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1039 on: June 01, 2016, 07:24:48 AM »

The best URL I've seen yet Smiley

Signed up for beta. I'm on OSX, will that work? I have access to a comparable Windows 10 machine and a Windows 7 machine so please don't exclude me from builds =)

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 63
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic