Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 01:19:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsHow to get laid [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: How to get laid [FINISHED]  (Read 34288 times)
Acid
Level 1

A ninja is you!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2009, 11:46:39 AM »

Nice use of the Source engine, jw.
John Lee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2009, 10:40:07 PM »

One thing I like is the lack of lens flare. So many developers put this in to seem "real-fake," and it's good to see it left out finally, unless (nice touch) you're wearing sunglasses.

falsion
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »

This game has too many colors. Since when did game designers come up with the ill-conceived notion that the world isn't very brown? It's as though we've moved from hyper-realism to vain idealism.

And please, this getting laid gameplay mechanic you speak of. Is it even implemented? I sure don't seem to be able to engage it. If I could get this to work, and do so on a consistent basis, I would have a much higher opinion of this game.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2009, 08:34:58 AM »

It's interesting to look back on this game now that QQUAK has come out.  HtGL seems like it was a formative effort for QQUAK with which Jwapp experimented with a lot of the gameplay ideas.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »

I thought I'd chime in here to voice a pretty major concern:

I'm leaving the starting area in a bit, but I've heard rumours that all the dialogue in the "Montréal" region is bugged and just comes out as gibberish. I hope there is a patch in the works to address this, because I think it's going to make the game pretty much impossible.

Formerly "I Like Cake."
KennEH!
Level 10

"What, me worry!?!"

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2009, 10:04:36 PM »

I think they used that as a way to make the game somewhat harder, as "Montréal" region is pretty damn easy otherwise.

Madness takes its toll please have exact change.
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2009, 10:09:33 PM »

There's a website that translates all the strange gibberish that the game.  But I don't think JWapp followed proper rules of grammar when designing the other languages, since the translation always come back as a bit odd.

Zeke M.
Level 0

hug hug hug

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2009, 11:03:02 PM »

I know a lot of people are still trying to beat this game, but I think there's a lot more to it than most people think.  If you just slow down, and take it in more of an exploratory way, the game is amazing.  The atmosphere and level design are absolutely incredible in some places.  The music is wonderful.  There's like, a gajillion dialogue options (even though people tend to repeat themselves a lot), and totally non-linear gameplay. I've gotten at least a dozen endings, and I get the feeling there are a TON more. 

All in all, though, I'm mostly just getting this karoshi-ripoff kind of feeling.  Anyone else?
Aquin
Level 10

Aquin is over here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2009, 11:11:44 PM »

Ugh, if there's one thing I can't stand is padded "non-linear" gameplay.  The last thing I want to do is search high and low for stupid trinkets that raise my score for some arbitrary reason that makes no sense to me.

Seriously, if the NPCs need me to 'fetch' this crap, why can't they just do it themselves!?

I have no patience.  Plus, the controls are kinda slippery.  I'm never sure what a button is gonna do from one day to the next.  Sometimes the NPCs attack you viciously before you even press anything.  I don't appreciate these 'bugged' situations.

And don't even get me started on the dialog options.  I saw this problem in Mass Effect as well.  It doesn't matter what option you pick, the NPC still reacts in the same manner.  It's like...why do you even pretend to listen to me?  You're just gonna hear what you want anyway.

The freedom is an illusion.

I'd write a devlog about my current game, but I'm too busy making it.
Moon Goon
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 11, 2009, 05:02:40 PM »

Step one: Go away from your computer.

Geez!  when I was a teen you could scan IRC or Instant Messaging for a mate within driving distance.  Ya had to send thoughtful emails and pay attention when a candidate was online to generate a date.  Of course, the romance ends when real life reveals each party member isn't as attracted they thought.  Plus, of course, it's too soon to be involved.  Nevertheless you get laid.

I say step one is flawed!  Should offer both scenarios like a choose your own adventure Smiley

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 05:08:08 PM by Moon Goon » Logged

I'm a PEEK'er. I'm a POKE'er. And I'm a midnight coder. I type my programs and hit RUN.

Check out itch.io for my Atari 2600 game ROMs! http://theloon.itch.io/
TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2009, 02:22:58 PM »

I think some of you might be playing the Shareware version. But is it even worth the $50 to register? It's not like you get a manual or anything.

And I heard something about how male players get Invites to bring new people into the gameworld, except only the female players are allowed to use said Invites. This seems overly complicated and restrictive. And all the girls who I've tried to give my Invites to have been totally against inviting anyone! So what's the point of them at all!? Outraged
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2009, 11:25:38 AM »

Man, this is damn hard.  Angry
I've been playing this game for weeks now, and I've been rejected at least seven times.  Is there an easier gameplay mode, maybe a simpler AI system?  I really want to see how this game ends.  Sad

falsion
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2009, 12:55:24 PM »

This game suddenly had a very drastic genre change for me. Now it's some sort of court simulator and I have to find a lawyer and defend myself against sexual harassment charges.

I really suck at Phoenix Wright though. And I hear this is way more realistic. Honestly, I'm screwed. There is no way I'm gonna beat this.
undertech
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »

You can continue, but I heard it costs a lot of money to do so. Whoever made this game thought of everything!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2009, 05:10:02 PM »

this game is harder than I wanna be the guy.

and it doesn't even have checkpoints or a restart button.  Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Down Right
st33d
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2009, 12:49:12 PM »

Where are the fucking instructions!

The rules keep changing too!  Angry
Dunam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2009, 01:17:35 AM »

I have to say I'm very glad I'm part of the Tigsource community or I might have never heard about this game.
It was a lot of fun and I didn't realize how much in the first playthrough until I played it again. This may be the most addictive game I've ever played.

Which is why I'd like to commend you for the way it's build, how it becomes more difficult to finish twice in one day. It really let's you get some work done and then when you come back to it it's fun and easy again. The partner I multiplayed this with, however, reported not having this respite. Did she have some special powerup or recharge?

Also, we're trying to organise a bigger multiplayer event. Anyone interested?

Whoever designed this game is brilliant. Looking forward to your next game/expansions.
LazyWaffle
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2009, 02:29:44 AM »

This game is harder than Tor on maximum charge on Ultimortal and playing Spelunky and IWTBTG at the same time with your hands tied behind your back and a blindfold on. But a lot more rewarding if you beat it Well, hello there!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:54:31 AM by LazyWaffle » Logged
SidM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2009, 03:34:36 PM »

Well, I beat IT.

(If you get what I mean.)

Hand Joystick
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW