Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411543 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58442 Members - Latest Member: vicemask

May 03, 2024, 03:17:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCoin Crypt - lootmancing roguelike/cardgame, now on Early Access!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Coin Crypt - lootmancing roguelike/cardgame, now on Early Access!  (Read 10443 times)
08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2013, 04:06:29 AM »

Very like visual style.  Beer! Sad, but game has crushed, after I came to "start game" pit.  Cry

Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2013, 05:27:32 AM »

Very like visual style.  Beer! Sad, but game has crushed, after I came to "start game" pit.  Cry
There was a problem with my initial upload; if you re-download it should be fine.

@Chuckek lots of good thoughts! Just some misc. responses...
I don't think it's necessary for enemies to be a benefit to the player. In fact, it makes most sense that they are an unambiguously negative element for the player, just as in other roguelikes like Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, Rogue Legacy, etc. I see it as a unique twist that you can turn enemies into profit instead of loss with really fast play. I've been doing some thinking on the tumblr about ways to expand on that a bit with a class system.

I think there is enough variation in the chest drops that you can definitely build your coin deck in a particular direction by selectively taking coins (ie as many attack as possible, or heal, etc). You definitely can get to a point where victory is impossible by mismanaging your deck, but I think the game is mercifully quick in offing you when this happens.

About the enemies that had 9+ coins: occasional enemies will be super-charged with double coins, and those can happen in any world. World 2 is definitely not meant to be very playable as a starting point; the entrance there is mostly for my own testing at this point.

So basically: lots of deflection of your criticism! Smiley That's not to say I don't think you have a point, or else you wouldn't have thought to mention this stuff. I'll keep playtesting and re-examining elements like these to make it as smooth as possible. Though on some level I think a game that works in such an extreme way like this is going to have some necessary "roughness."
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 05:35:46 AM by Banov » Logged

08--n7.r6-79.84
Level 8

You can call me 08.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2013, 06:46:00 AM »

Very like visual style.  Beer! Sad, but game has crushed, after I came to "start game" pit.  Cry
There was a problem with my initial upload; if you re-download it should be fine.

Yeah, re-downloaded it just now, same situation. https://app.box.com/s/f4jo94sgu0a1gx2yg0v3 - is that right link?

larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »

OMG I love this game.

I have to weigh in and say that I like enemies being a variable profit/loss thing. I've played as a lot of characters, and I like how whether fighting enemies is a good idea or not depends on your class and situation. Sometimes you want to murder everything you see, othertimes it's better to avoid every fight you possibly can. Really liking the inherent balance in the design here.

Nostrils!
Banov
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2013, 10:26:43 AM »

Really excited to announce that the game's transitioned into paid beta, and is on Early Access Smiley

Site: http://coincryptame.com
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/app/264690

Thanks to everyone who's contributed their feedback so far!

mrBlack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2013, 12:07:04 PM »

I don't have much to say other than to point out how awesome the game looks!

Congrats on getting on Early Access.

Dev Log: Lejendary Dev Log
antoniodamala
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2013, 03:34:55 PM »

Congrats,Banov. I'm definitely buying it as soon as I get some money in.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic