Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411630 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 12, 2024, 10:33:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting2in Comprehensive Demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 2in Comprehensive Demo  (Read 2058 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: May 16, 2010, 06:56:32 PM »

Hey gang, I know it's been a while but I've been very busy working on 2in.  I'm at a point where I'm ready to show you what I've gotten to, and where I am attempting to go with this.

Without further adieu..

http://www.mediafire.com/?1fz2d3iyzze <-Download Here

Oh yeah, and there's a bonus weird surprise inside too. Some of you will hate it, some of you wont.

Anyways, hope you find something worthwhile in this.  Stay tuned and see you soon!
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »

looking forward to it

John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:22:44 PM »

In that first level, on the far right there's a balcony with a lip, and beyond the lip is a small floating island. It looks like the balcony and the island are the same height, but from the balcony I could shoot over the lip and from the island my shots hit the lip. That was a little weird.

I didn't play the first mode long because I have no friends.  Giggle

The second mode had a thing that looked really cool (long neck) but its head was embedded in a platform so it didn't actually do anything.

The third mode was cool, curious how you plan to extend that.

The other thing was inscrutable, but it looked awesome and it sounded awesome and eventually I got the homing thing and it seemed to get pretty easy after that. Did not encounter anything that was clearly a duck, but I did collect a bunch of tiny blue polar bears...  Crazy
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:58:19 PM »

The other thing was inscrutable, but it looked awesome and it sounded awesome and eventually I got the homing thing and it seemed to get pretty easy after that. Did not encounter anything that was clearly a duck, but I did collect a bunch of tiny blue polar bears...  Crazy

keep trying that thing.

also, the 2nd mode 1 player uses a mouse to control the head on the long neck. their goal is to keep the altars that spawn knights alive with its breath while the keyboard player tries to destroy them, the breath wont hurt the player but if you bring your head close to your body you can shoot projectiles in the direction of the keyboard player.  the round is over if player 1 can get all the altars destroied. or if player 2 collects 5 of player 1's soul.
BinaryMind
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 09:43:06 PM »

I hope you're still doing something with Mr. Duck. I really like the scrolling effect you got going there. And I thought it was pretty funny!
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 10:21:31 PM »

Actually, I'm giving away the source/graphics/sounds for Mr.Duck.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tkgainjjmgj <-Ta-Dah (For GM7)

If it wasn't for all the support and help I've been given through tutorials, examples, and pats on the back I wouldn't have been able to make a single game. I feel it's only right I do my best to 'pay it forward' and give back what I can when I can.

It's not the most elegant system, and most experienced code-monkies won't get much out of this, but maybe It will springboard some game developer out there.  So, grab it, use it, give it to friends, put it on toast, do what ever you like with it.  It's all yours. Smiley

Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 12:20:19 AM »

This COULD be really fun (2in), but the blinking..! My God, the blinking! You can't play it for more than a few minutes without risking a seizure Cry

Mr.Duck was fun, as well, but here too: TOO MUCH BLINKY STUFF! My eyes bleed!
Btw, is the game supposed to freeze after Mr.Duck arrives? I laughed my ass off:P
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 01:43:14 AM »

Theon,

Sorry about making you bite off your own tongue.  I've already fixed 2in and I think I found a compromise that keeps the illusion of discord, without destroying retinas.

Mr.Duck was, on the other hand, intended to be a horrible trembley mess.  It was just another experiment of mine where I refused to change things if they were bad (unless I could think of a way to make them even worse)

And yeah, it's meant to completely freeze up and die whenever Mr.Duck shows up (which is totally random)  Not even the game itself can be spared the horror of Mr.Duck.

Carrie Nation
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 12:22:24 PM »

2in felt really cool gameplay wise, but I almost feel like your style of game doesn't translate well to couch multiplayer well. I can hardly be scared by the great atmospheric music/sound when I'm yelling at my friend as we fight and whatnot.

However the gameplay concepts of both the multiplayer sections were really cool.

And of course, Mr. Duck was just wonderfully amazing in EVERY way.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 01:06:53 PM »

About the 'fear factor'

This won't be nearly as unsettling as AOOFAD/Au Sable.  It's not really meant to be.  Consider this my ultimate homage to Quake 3 Arena: my spooky playground for you to come play in.

After this, I plan to make something spastic, cutsey or sci-fi, in order to keep myself from bleeding one good idea dry. 

That being said, I still have plans to make a very different type of horror game too.  Something that's slower paced and encourages complex problem solving.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic