Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 02:26:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBlind
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Blind  (Read 2142 times)
block0man
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:23:26 AM »

Download link

I made this for a class a few months ago.

It's a first person text only/platformer story. There are 6 endings.

Controls: Arrow keys, Z
Lon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:04:52 AM »

Nice game, I have enjoyed playing it.

I've found 3 different endings, not to sure how to find the others yet. I was just thinking it would be nice to see some games with a good story to it, have some kind of moral lessons to learn from it and/or emotionally striking, and then here is your game.  Creative display of how a blind person sees the world. I like.  Thanks for sharing your game.

“We all sorely complain of the shortness of time, and yet have much more than we know what to do with. Our lives are either spent in doing nothing at all, or in doing nothing to the purpose, or in doing nothing that we ought to do..." -Seneca
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 11:08:47 AM »

Short, but very sweet. I enjoyed it.
increpare
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 11:24:12 AM »

I just gave that a couple of runs through.  I was affected by some parts of it.  good work.

(the movement in first person felt a bit painfully slow to my fingers)
block0man
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 01:57:32 PM »

I've found 3 different endings, not to sure how to find the others yet.
Each ending has a counterpart, if that helps.

(the movement in first person felt a bit painfully slow to my fingers)
I think I left it that way to be more dramatic. But I might speed it up a little if I ever go back to this.

Thanks for all of your comments!
CyanPrime
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 02:08:50 PM »

Windowed mode please.

guille
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 03:34:49 PM »

I like the first person part, it's stylish and original but when you get to the side scrolling part the style is gone. It lacks style consistency IMHO.

Also sound would help a lot. But it's still a nice little interactive story worth trying. Gentleman

block0man
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 08:29:55 PM »

Windowed mode please.
F4 should switch between windowed and full screen.

I like the first person part, it's stylish and original but when you get to the side scrolling part the style is gone. It lacks style consistency IMHO.

Also sound would help a lot. But it's still a nice little interactive story worth trying. Gentleman
I agree with this mostly. I might go back and try to redo the platforming part at some point. I wanted to have ambient sounds originally, but I ran out of time and had to turn it in without any. So I guess I could add that too.
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 11:53:43 PM »

I liked it. I found 6 endings to it. I particularly liked the kids playing tag, and how I could follow them and read what they were yelling. I was going to say the same two things guillermo said, actually. Beyond that, I noticed that sometimes the text that follows the main characters accident in the 2d part would show up off center and cut off the screen. This is a nitpick, but I often felt that the main character's inner dialogue for the endings was a little too on the nose. Otherwise, I really like the idea.
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 11:26:53 AM »

By the way: http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2010/05/freeware_game_pick_blind_block.html
Sengir
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 01:10:31 PM »

a very good work man!!! The idea to use font to represent sounds and what's happening around us is very nice!

Onza40
Level 0

YES

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 03:19:16 PM »

Plays really nicely and is a nice concept overall.
The story could do with some development and is not particularly well written, but with some work this could end up being top notch.
Keep at it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic