Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 05:38:25 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingVector Vendetta
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vector Vendetta  (Read 1799 times)
Radiant
Level 1

...and we are the Dreamers of Dreams.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »

Vector Vendetta

A retro game, in case that wasn't obvious. As an experiment in what other things AGS can do, this is a fast-paced shooting game with vector graphics. It's probably the first AGS game that uses a grand total of zero sprites.

Using your mighty triangular ship, defeat the evil polygons of doom! It starts out easy, but on later levels you'll be quickly overwhelmed by swarms of enemies!

* Twelve different enemies, from lowly Wonk to nasty BFG.
* Thirteen powerups and special weapons, from teleportation to nukes.
* Use mouse control, keyboard, or a combination.
* Retro soundtrack.
* Keeps track of high scores.
* Enjoy!

The game is technically finished, but I'd be happy to make a v2.0 if people spot bugs or have suggestions. I'm primarily looking for feedback on gameplay (and also, the control methods). Because of the retro style, I'd prefer to keep graphics and music simple. Also, please tell me if you find the game too easy or too hard so that I can tweak the difficulty around. Games are always easier for who wrote them Smiley

System requirements: Windows. Actual mouse recommended (as opposed to those touchpads you see on laptops).

Radiant
Level 1

...and we are the Dreamers of Dreams.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:05:04 AM »

It's been awhile... I've done some more work on this game, adding two-player support, alternate game modes, demo recording, and a boss monster. Also, a few extra mooks that teleport, shield their allies, or come back from the dead.

Enjoy, and comments welcome!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic