Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411608 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58446 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 09, 2024, 05:08:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMark versus Paul
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mark versus Paul  (Read 954 times)
xolatgames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2023, 04:47:12 AM »

Old description:
The immodest open source project with the ability to increase your window resolution by 4 times!

In this game you will find a wide variety of locations with different events, monsters, and even along the way you will be able to pick up some useful spells! You will definitely spend at least an hour on this game.

Somersaults, use magic, gain experience and return this damn package to Mark! Because it's so interesting - what's the inside?

Become the wizard!

GameJolt: https://gamejolt.com/games/marknpaul/833245
Itch.io: https://xolatgames.itch.io/marknpaul
GitHub: https://github.com/xolatgames/Mark-versus-Paul

The game is available only in English and Russian, but everything is in your hands, because this is the open source project.

New description:

This is the game where you can play as the Wizard and doing many spells! You need to come through eight locations. Dodges from enemies and it's bullets. Fast changing between spells and also have understanding which spell you needing use now. And Finally! Get fight with the Final Boss!

Это игра, где ты играешь за одного волшебника и колдуешь много чего! Тебе предстоит пройти сквозь восемь разных локаций. Уворачиваться от врагов и их выстрелов. Быстро переключаться между различными заклинаниями, и в процессе начиная понимать, что тебе сейчас лучше использовать. И в конце! Сразиться с Финальным Боссом!

https://gamejolt.com/games/marknpaul/833245
https://xolatgames.itch.io/marknpaul/
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 04:58:07 AM by xolatgames » Logged
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 11:26:21 AM »

Hi!

It started nice, telekinesis is really cool. I was intrigued despite simple graphics. But it all went horribly wrong in the zombie level - it seemed I can't destroy the graves (maybe I needed to do more damage? the zombies were soon blocking me tho so I kinda couldn't), so I went on to pick up the glasses of milk... and pretty soon there were so many zombies that the game fell to 4 FPS. Grin
I picked up all the milk but no portal appeared, or so it seemed, because the game slowed down even more and the zombies finally got me. Maybe do not spawn so many zombies at once?
(Was I suppposed to destroy the graves? Or did a portal appear after I picked up the milk and I just could not find it?)
On a second attempt, the game crashed when I tried to enter the very first portal (no error message), so I gave up.

Besides that it seemed promising, especially with the telekinesis. More spells like that! Interacting with environment is always cool. Also the picture of portal (the "main one") looks cool. Smiley
Only thing I'd add is a cooldown for the somersault, that's always a nice thing to have. Smiley

Cheers!  Coffee
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 11:32:12 AM by DarkGran » Logged
xolatgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 03:15:15 AM »

Hi!

It started nice, telekinesis is really cool. I was intrigued despite simple graphics. But it all went horribly wrong in the zombie level - it seemed I can't destroy the graves (maybe I needed to do more damage? the zombies were soon blocking me tho so I kinda couldn't), so I went on to pick up the glasses of milk... and pretty soon there were so many zombies that the game fell to 4 FPS. Grin
I picked up all the milk but no portal appeared, or so it seemed, because the game slowed down even more and the zombies finally got me. Maybe do not spawn so many zombies at once?
(Was I suppposed to destroy the graves? Or did a portal appear after I picked up the milk and I just could not find it?)
On a second attempt, the game crashed when I tried to enter the very first portal (no error message), so I gave up.

Besides that it seemed promising, especially with the telekinesis. More spells like that! Interacting with environment is always cool. Also the picture of portal (the "main one") looks cool. Smiley
Only thing I'd add is a cooldown for the somersault, that's always a nice thing to have. Smiley

Cheers!  Coffee

Thanks for review, DarkGran! You just need to avoid zombies to reach the Portal. But I will listen to you, and make a little bit less zombies in the next update! I give you a hint: Just have start from the bottom of the zombies level.
xolatgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 05:47:27 AM »

Greetings, body! After a few month my project get some changes, such as:

- The level's name at the start level has added

- Changes in some textures

- Somersaults does in the right side

- The splash screen has changed

- The Flathub's link has added in the main menu!

- The limits of zombies has added to the graveyard level

- Some fixes in the pre-boss level

- Has added two new cheats

- Has added the OSX version

- Some change in the cave level

If you don't know this project: This project is the Open-source game, where you can play as the Wizard and does some spells! You have to goes through eight locations. Dodges from enemies and it's bullets. Fast changes between spells and also gets understand which spell you needs to use. And Finally! Get fight with the Final Boss!

Psst! If you get stuck you can use the cheats!

So, have a nice play!
xolatgames
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 04:25:06 AM »

Hi there! I diceded to close the source code of this project and then publish THE BIG UPDATE for this game! Every of the available levels are rewrited. Absolutely every! The performance of this project is improved, and more animation for God of animation! The changes are everywhere, because this is 2.0.0 version! I will tire if I tell you about all of this changes. So, just look at this trailer and you sense it!  Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic