Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 04:15:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDisrupt - a cyber-warfare game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Disrupt - a cyber-warfare game  (Read 1505 times)
Leka74
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:14:20 AM »

About the game
In Disrupt you emerge into the cyber warfare world in the role of a hacker who has gained access into the secret governmental operating system called NexOS. The operating system allows you to play the role of Big Brother and control the main cyber-infrastructures of cities. You will be facing choices throughout the game, from hacking police servers for personal gain, stealing research data, framing people to being a Robin Hood of modern time - diverting the dirty money of politicians to the people in need, or just keeping it for yourself. Your decision will have an impact around the environment, making news outlets turn you image into a villain or hero.

Another notable addition to the game is the in-game editor. The game is going to feature an in-game editor, allowing the players to tailor their own experiences and stories by creating totally new databases which include new servers, new characters, new cities and even new missions.

What am I trying to convey
With Disrupt, I am trying to give the players a sense of the power of the information along with a bit of paranoia of being caught. I began the development before the NSA revelations by Snowden but once they came out, it helped me shape the idea of the game. I want to give the players that power and feeling. Being able to change lifes, ruin or help others only through couple of keystrokes.

Features
  • A simulated cyber worlds of designated cities, including infrastructure such as police, medical, academic, electrical servers etc.
  • An engaging story while having the ability to 'free-roam' around the cyber infrastructure of cities.
  • Side-missions to gain reputation or just for personal monetary gain.
  • Modifiable and editable in-game content, including NPC characters, servers, cities or even missions.
  • A variety of in-game hacking methods, allowing the players to take missions on their own ways.
  • A simulated and interactive population who will react on your actions.
  • An interactive news system which comes as a cover-up for side-missions, allowing the player to engage and interact with these news stories and change their outcome.
  • And much more!

Screenshots

« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 10:18:37 AM by Leka74 » Logged
vreski
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 04:55:23 PM »

Wow. This looks really nice and interesting. Im a big sucker for hacker games so you got a greenlight vote from me. Looking forward for more updates. The interface looks very nice and clean  Hand Thumbs Up Left

RLofC
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 10:36:31 AM »

Looks extremely cool! I really like the crispy visual style and the logo/hero artwork looks great as well. It looks so clean.. can you share some info on the techs you use? game engine?

Leka74
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 10:32:51 AM »

Looks extremely cool! I really like the crispy visual style and the logo/hero artwork looks great as well. It looks so clean.. can you share some info on the techs you use? game engine?
'Home-made', not using any known engines. Though I wish I did start the project in Unity to support the game on other platforms easier. Too late for that now I guess.

Didn't have time to post updates recently due to the Greenlight campaign. I'm happy to say that Disrupt is currently sitting in the 1st place in Greenlight and hopefully will stay so until the next batch. During this time, the game got a lot of press attention from a lot of gaming websites. Going to list a few below:

Regarding the development lately, I've finally started working on the content creator and also working on a basic language support implementation due to the huge request (mainly by the Russian community).

Leka74
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 02:43:48 PM »

Disrupt was Greenlit on Steam along with 49 other titles. Pretty happy about it!
Zenvalley
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 02:23:23 AM »

Nice one! been following this for a while. Glad to see it got greenlit!  Gentleman

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 09:26:03 AM »

Dev posted some new imgaes in this week's r/gamedev Screenshot Saturday:
http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/26xkgs/screenshot_saturday_173_bonus_score/chviagg

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic