Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 04:18:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Flash Builder 4 vs Flex Builder 3
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flash Builder 4 vs Flex Builder 3  (Read 1488 times)
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:48:03 AM »

Hey guys - I was working with the FB4 Beta 2 for a while, but even after upgrading to the full version all I really see is slightly improved codehinting and fewer bugs when including SWC libraries.

Does anyone know of any really nifty or handy things that appeared in FB4 worth checking out? Adobe's list seems... lacking... but I'm not terribly surprised..
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:25:42 PM by jotapeh » Logged
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 04:14:23 PM »

Don't know about the IDE, but the SDK has plenty of changes. Most exciting (to me) is the Text Layout Framework, which is an entirely new way to work with text, allowing much more control. Good typography in Flash is drawing nearer.

gemstonedragon.com
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 03:00:51 AM »

I think the best in FB4 is the network monitoring. It actually allows you to see network traffic to the server and the flash player client. It is good for debuging but it is not available in the standard edition and the professional costs 600 euros. This is much to pay. I think is should be included in the standard version as well since it is a part of the debugging process.
grapefrukt
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 04:37:19 AM »

I think the best in FB4 is the network monitoring. It actually allows you to see network traffic to the server and the flash player client

I've been using charles for that for the past year or so. Now I couldn't live without it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic