Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411681 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 02:25:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2333565 times)
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13500 on: December 10, 2012, 07:28:28 PM »

Out of the games I have played recently:
-Cthulhu Saves The World
-Super Columbine RPG (not a great game, but needs to be experienced)
-Touhou 2 (old as all hell, and a PC 98 game, but I saw a lets play and gave it a try, now I love it)
-Retro City Rampage (been following this for as long as I can remember, I am talking back when it was a GTA remake for the NES, psyched that it is finally out)

I have never actually played Spelunky, but I have been meaning to get around to it for ever, maybe when finals are done in two days. I hear it is fantastic

Think happy thoughts.
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13501 on: December 10, 2012, 07:35:35 PM »

Is super columbine massacre RPG actually a good game though? I know it has the controversy factor and all, but the gameplay looks really bad.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13502 on: December 10, 2012, 07:39:55 PM »

Is super columbine massacre RPG actually a good game though? I know it has the controversy factor and all, but the gameplay looks really bad.

Yeah, the gameplay is not great... It is definitely one of those games you play once for the story (which is surprisingly well done) and then never play again. It is a good jumping point for discussions about games as art and discussions about bullying though, and for that reason I love it. You can tell that the guy who made it really had a passion for the subject matter

Think happy thoughts.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13503 on: December 10, 2012, 07:46:01 PM »

no, it's an infantile piece of garbage. there's a level tacked on at the end where you fight doom monsters in hell. the game was obviously just using the material to boost the attention it got, and then he played it off as "depth." it's total garbage. and i'm not saying this because i think it's too offensive or whatever, it's just a shit game.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13504 on: December 10, 2012, 07:49:59 PM »

He originally released it anonymously, I don't think he cared about attention (also, the doom level is stupid, no arguments, but I didn't really want to spoil the end of a game). And I did say that the game played badly, I am just glad somebody made it for the sake of having it exist.

Think happy thoughts.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13505 on: December 10, 2012, 07:53:45 PM »

if you shit out a turd and tape it to news-clippings from a tragedy, is it really anything more than a pile of crap? should we be happy somebody "made it for the sake of having it exist?"

important questions

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13506 on: December 10, 2012, 08:02:21 PM »

It's a game in the same way that Human Centipede is a movie.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: December 10, 2012, 08:06:57 PM »

Space Funeral is possibly one of my very favorites, but I have a lot of them. It's free, bizarre, and possibly most shocking because it makes sense in the end.

Spacechem is a brilliant example of a game that would only work in the indie scene - it's too obtuse and difficult for a mainstream release, but if you give it time to understand it you're treated to one of the best puzzle games that exists. Watching your little reactor hum along gives you a feeling of accomplishment that can only accompany building something completely from scratch.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: December 10, 2012, 08:22:38 PM »

i really like space funeral but the ending is super predictable :I

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: December 10, 2012, 08:46:09 PM »

A+ journalism, 11/10, would read again, et cetera.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/12/10/space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk-space-hulk/
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:55:56 PM by Player Ӡ » Logged
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13510 on: December 11, 2012, 12:53:14 AM »

Huh? That doesn't look like Hulk. Where's the green skin and stretchy pants? Tongue

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #13511 on: December 11, 2012, 01:09:20 AM »

He originally released it anonymously, I don't think he cared about attention
i'm not sure that's a contradiction...
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13512 on: December 11, 2012, 03:27:37 AM »

Hey guys, do you know any games that made first person construction apart from Minecraft-style blocks? I wanted to add construction to my "dream game" that I day dream about, but the only things I can think of are Minecraft-style construction and moving individual planks and connecting them automagically.

Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: December 11, 2012, 04:57:45 AM »

Gmod? That's all i can think of.

s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13514 on: December 11, 2012, 06:17:35 AM »

Gmod? That's all i can think of.
Big up to Gmod
Also, Halo 3 was limited but awesome

Think happy thoughts.
Nathan Cash
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #13515 on: December 11, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »

Wasn't Halo 3 just making maps and not real construction?
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: December 11, 2012, 11:29:46 AM »

Wasn't Halo 3 just making maps and not real construction?

Yeah, it was more customizing maps, but I just thought I would mention it as its a great example of an editor in a fps, might not be exactly what he is looking for but worth a mention

Think happy thoughts.
zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: December 11, 2012, 11:34:15 AM »

Just got the pics back from a bridge building competition I participated in as part of a project for an engineering statics class. It ended up holding 960 pounds, while weighing only 1.05 pounds. We ran out of weights twice and had to move the bridge down to the gym for testing because nobody wanted to haul more weights up to the science building.

http://i.imgur.com/1M33u.jpg
Leon Fook
Level 5

Ohh hi, or something like that.

View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: December 11, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »

Your profile pic suit your post. just sayin.

ink.inc
« Reply #13519 on: December 11, 2012, 12:05:58 PM »

Just got the pics back from a bridge building competition I participated in as part of a project for an engineering statics class. It ended up holding 960 pounds, while weighing only 1.05 pounds. We ran out of weights twice and had to move the bridge down to the gym for testing because nobody wanted to haul more weights up to the science building.

http://i.imgur.com/1M33u.jpg

Pretty sweet.
Pages: 1 ... 674 675 [676] 677 678 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic