Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411577 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:04:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGlitch - First-Person impossible game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: Glitch - First-Person impossible game  (Read 7568 times)
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2017, 11:15:55 AM »

So I made a cheap-isch bloom effect today for my game. I wanted the lasers to have more of a glowy feel to get them looking more powerful, I also didn't want it made with particles or planes in front of the lasers since I don't want the problem of overdraw or clipping.

So I made a script that detects lasers and when they are firing, and when they are a shader with three additive sprites are rendered on a plane infront of the camera and offsetted to the correct position. And whenever there are no lasers active it turns off.

It's an extra pass but a lot cheaper than full screen bloom and with less fuzz than with multiple particles clipping meshes all over the place.

A little technical there but I wanted to brag on how awesomely smart (I think) it is :D

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2017, 10:18:49 AM »

Busy week, started working on a new level, added pendulum axes, color switchers (that flash and then switch the background color) and also a intro/outro for each level with an indication to what killed you. Really works great since sometimes it can be quite confusing as to what actually killed you.

What do you think, starting to look like a game? :D

Ayramen_Studio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2017, 02:23:05 PM »

Rally interesting visuals and concept!

ionside
Level 1

what was I doing, again?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2017, 03:45:17 PM »

looking real nice. As a player are you able to change speed, or are the pendulums more a visual thing that will never hit you?

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2017, 04:00:45 AM »

No you can't change the speed. Only input is swipe left/right/up/down to switch lane or jump/glide. And yes, some pendulums are just there as a distraction while some can absolutely hit you. Same goes for hammers etc. The game is all about timing and remembering which way to go through a level. It's harder than it looks, I can assure you :D
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2017, 01:56:10 PM »

Finished level 2 for the game yesterday and also realized that I basically never posted a video with music. So here goes!

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »

I've been working on boring stuff these last weeks, getting the UI up to par. Made a new design that was more fitting to the gameplay art, cleaned up a few areas and just went through everything one more time to check that it was looking sweet Smiley

Now back to making the last two levels and sorting out the last plugin implementations!
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2017, 02:46:59 AM »

I got checkpoints working last night, basically there will be one or two per level that you can start from by using earned checkpoints or for free by watching some kind of ad. Haven't really worked out that part yet but I at least know there are gonna be checkpoints for those who want to use those.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2017, 12:02:36 PM »

So I've started adding some plugins, ads, push, rate game, inapps etc but I also polished up the Mega Man tiles I did for level design.

The level isn't finished so this is just a test though Smiley

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2017, 12:45:46 PM »

So I finished up level 5 this week, have also been polishing and fixing a lot of issues. Only one more level left to design and then it's time for beta test and polish!

Enjoy!

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2017, 07:54:46 AM »

So, it's time for Beta test! I'll be gathering in whoever wants to join for about a week then I'll be sending out the test.

So if you are interest follow the link and Sign Up!
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2017, 02:07:53 PM »

Ok, so Android beta is out for anyone who subscribed! Working on the iOS beta right now as well.
If anyone want in a bit late just let me know and I'll make it happen.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2017, 08:52:16 AM »

So beta is up and running, I've been hammering bugs and polishing things I've gotten back as feedback from players.

Also noticed quite quick that the level 2 I had was faaaaaaar too difficult to be level 2. So I whipped together a new background and a new level 2 and pushed the old level 2 to level 3 instead. (Yes, that is a lot of levels in one scentence)

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2018, 01:58:51 PM »

So I've been quiet for a while but that's because I've been finishing up the game. Just got some final tweaks to get done then it's ready to go. Therefor I've gotten started on screenshots, icon, trailer and all that stuff!

Thought I'd share the 30s preview trailer. What do you say, good enough?

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2018, 12:43:12 AM »

Found a 6 month old gif and made a little split view compared to one captured recently. Nice to see that even though it has changed a lot the core is still there.

(new on the right)
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2018, 01:29:49 AM »

Very insteresting take on infinite runner  Grin It looks great!

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2018, 02:19:24 AM »

It's actually not an INFINITE runner. It's a Impossible runner, so hand designed levels with an ending. Might add endless mode in some update though.
bombjack
Level 3

That's me :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2018, 04:31:42 AM »

was not sure about the infinite stuff Roll Eyes It's very nice anyway. Probably even better with the hand crafted level.
It makes sense to have hand made levels for the learning of the levels.

Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2018, 05:05:57 AM »

Yeah, I guess that at first glance it probably looks very infinite runner like Smiley But yeah, I had it generating levels at first but it just didn't feel right. It was hard to get symmetry, handle difficulty etc. Just never looked and played right as procedural. However the best option I had running was doing hand made sections that I stuck together so I might add that for some update as a separate mode with leaderboards.
Zilk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2018, 03:22:41 AM »

I setup a discord server for all my games if anyone wants to join in and discuss development, past/new games or generally whatever! :D

https://discord.gg/aur5Myk
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic