Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411695 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58454 Members - Latest Member: roeyskatt

May 18, 2024, 09:10:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAPEXICON - Fantasy Puzzle Combat (UNITY 5, Greenlit on Steam!)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: APEXICON - Fantasy Puzzle Combat (UNITY 5, Greenlit on Steam!)  (Read 31073 times)
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: October 02, 2013, 08:51:00 PM »

Promo Art preview 2

It's a map!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2013, 04:51:53 PM »

This picture is going to be epic

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2013, 07:46:52 PM »

It worrrrrrks!

Excuse the UI mess.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2013, 11:53:40 PM »

I'm doing more work on the World Map...

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »

Map usage!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2013, 12:45:44 PM »

Map Update

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:21 PM »

Oh man, this is looking so sick... Loving the way things are turning out!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2013, 03:36:48 PM »

Hey, this game looks familiar. It's like I've seen it somewhere before...a site called NeoGAF... Smiley

Game's looking good. Love the character art style

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2013, 05:57:04 PM »

Ha true! I'm working super hard. I can see the game I want in my mind, and it's coming all together here.

Have another GIF!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2013, 12:51:52 PM »

Some story stuff

Sharpened Wit all tidied up

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
RedOwl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 09, 2013, 04:01:17 PM »

Found you from IndieStatik today - just dropping by to say that the project looks awesome! It sounds like such a fun game, and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with it.

Do you have a gameplay video that I missed? Or is that coming soon?

One little critique: I find your logo pretty hard to read (something about the "c" looking like an "o" I think). But other than that everything looks great - I'm especially loving the character art - great style!
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: October 09, 2013, 04:34:23 PM »

Hey awesome! Everything is up for tweaking, and definitely the logo can be!

And yes, I'll be having a video up soon.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: October 09, 2013, 06:03:39 PM »

New Title Screen

Background character will be different every time you load. Woo!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2013, 03:16:27 PM »

FIRST TRAILER

and Kickstarter announcement!

Enjoy!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
RedOwl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2013, 04:02:13 PM »

That was great! Loving the story/dialogue so far. Music and sound effects are really smooth too. And lol at the ending >.<

A few gameplay questions: does the hammer hit when you click "attack"? Is the general idea to spell as many words as possible, while trying to use the letters in the special "WEAPON" ability? What happens when you get all those letters? What do the numbers over the dagger icon mean? Do they go down one for each letter of "WEAPON" you get? Then you get sharpened wit when the dagger doesn't have a number? What does sharpened wit do, exactly? Extra power? Why didn't the eraser fight back?

Sorry for all the questions, and if there's already a post or something that explains this stuff. But I guess the fact that I have so many questions says that more explanation would probably be great in subsequent videos. ^_^
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: October 11, 2013, 04:07:45 PM »

That was great! Loving the story/dialogue so far. Music and sound effects are really smooth too. And lol at the ending >.<

A few gameplay questions: does the hammer hit when you click "attack"?

Yes it does! Each different weapon you have in your arsenal will have a different animation when you attack enemies. Since the Wordsmith can summon multiple types of weapons, expect to see the majority of them!

Is the general idea to spell as many words as possible, while trying to use the letters in the special "WEAPON" ability? What happens when you get all those letters?

Yes, you can either "collect" the letters in WEAPON by gathering them from the board when you make words, or just go about your game! The choice is yours. When you collect them all, activate the ability to summon a new weapon in your offensive slot, which is randomly picked from a group of weapons!

What do the numbers over the dagger icon mean? Do they go down one for each letter of "WEAPON" you get? Then you get sharpened wit when the dagger doesn't have a number? What does sharpened wit do, exactly? Extra power? Why didn't the eraser fight back?

The number over the second skill is the cooldown for the ability. As turns progress, the cooldown comes off, and you can then use it.

Sharpened Wit powers up letters on the board to do more damage to the enemy instead of regular letters, allowing you to strategize what words you want to make.

The Eraser doesn't fight back in the trailer because he is currently undergoing his AI routine.

Sorry for all the questions, and if there's already a post or something that explains this stuff. But I guess the fact that I have so many questions says that more explanation would probably be great in subsequent videos. ^_^

And no problem, I don't mind explaining!

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
RedOwl
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2013, 04:13:46 PM »

Great! Thanks for all the explanations! Just one more question then: when does sharpened wit appear? After a certain number of turns?
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2013, 04:14:54 PM »

Great! Thanks for all the explanations! Just one more question then: when does sharpened wit appear? After a certain number of turns?

Sharpened Wit appear? You mean, what's the cooldown on it? Currently, it's at 3 turns. After 3 turns of you making words, it will be available for use.

I will be making another video later on that will explain the mechanics of combat.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2013, 06:05:48 PM »

So I'm putting the mobile version on backburner because I think the game will get more press and reach if I work on the PC version. This means inputting the stuff I did on the mobile version, but that won't be very hard. Just tedious

Anyway, I've been working on the layout some more thus far, and I made a breakthrough on using sprite fonts for Construct 2 (some nice chap made a program to make it easy!)

Here's the result thus far:

I'm planning to have an enemy turn UI, so you can see what's coming next and plan in advance, basically. Should be pretty awesome.

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Ashodin
Level 3

Building Worlds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2013, 08:15:50 PM »

Better picture

Actos Games, LLC
psyscrolr
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12
Print