Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:14:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club  (Read 27562 times)
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 11:57:41 PM »

Whenever we start a new game, just change the title of this thread accordingly. Time wise, I'd say 2 weeks is enough time for us all to play it and discuss it. That being said, I'm not sure how long of a game LoZ is.
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 12:30:34 AM »

Depends on how you play it.  Wink
Zelda 1 is Pandora's box, you just gotta find the key(s).

Personally I feel one week is enough though. I think it'd be best not to spend too long on any one game.(at least as a group)

baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 09:01:46 AM »

^OH NO.

Now, people that know what they're doing in 8-bit Hyrule, sure. One week is fine. But the fact is, there is a tremendous glut of treasures and secret locations to uncover (twice), and I'd love to see a secret log of who finds what. May take a slight refresher, but I'd go so far as to say I know practically everything in the game - but I'd also love to be surprised and find out I'm wrong.

Dungeon 6 in the second quest - barring FAQ's or walkthroughs, mind you - would probably take some players a week to find on it's own. That shit is ingenius. Even more than your average sneaky secret placement. I will go so far as to say there are a few patterns to secret placement throughout the game, but I won't spoil any of them for you. And that one follows none of them.

I'd give three weeks, and see where everybody is on it every week or so. Also, you don't have to play one title at a time. Generally I bound between two or three, depending on factors like mood or whether I have multiplayer company available. Since Dark Souls is similar in vein to Zelda, I would suggest you play that afterwards though, not concurrently.

Thinking of revisiting and finishing Bayonetta here soon, too. I got about 5-6 levels in, and just drifted away from it. But casually drop a level or two a day, since I'm gonna be really busy. On a big number of levels. ...including this one. XD

Dragonmaw
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 09:14:03 AM »

This would actually be best for its own subforum, but we can't get that Sad
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »

Bayonetta is on my list of games to play. I'd buy that to play it.

Dark Souls I would probably skip. I enjoyed Demon's Souls for a while, but it wore down to a ragged, bare edge towards the end and lost its appeal to me.

Maybe I'll wait to April 1st and hijack the topic with a game I want to play next.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »

the dark souls thread is already a more or less a "let's play" thread anyway so yeah

fallout 2 would be cool. never got very far in that.

blaster master or blaster master: enemy below (the obscure gbc "remix" of the first game) would bt another cool choice

basically nonlinear gams with a lot of exploration are cooler to play in this format than linear ones because sharing your discoveries is more fun.
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2012, 04:04:51 PM »

@sirNiko yeah it seems good if the person who picks the game switches each time maybe?  So since your the only one who's mentioned it, you should pick the next game and start a topic for it when we finish this one.  I'll leave this thread for picking the next game/person.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »

I think after LoZ, I'm gonna continue either Dark Souls or La Mulana. I ~was~ gonna do Oblivion, but it requires a 5.4 GB install (GAH!!) and I'm not cleaning up enough space for it yet.

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2012, 11:39:08 PM »

Oh man, what if we did La Mulana next?

Ashkin
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 12:13:46 AM »

I want to play La Mulana, but I got the weirdest graphical glitches when I tried to play it. Also, it's even more inaccessible than LoZ...
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 12:17:39 AM »

Oh man, what if we did La Mulana next?

We'd be here all freaking month, IIRC. I'm looking forward to that. :D

Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 12:42:43 AM »

If this catches on (like you guys get through 3 games or something and it seems relatively popular), then I wouldn't mind making a subforum for it!
PowRTocH
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 12:48:55 AM »

Mmm, La Mulana would be good.

Gonna start playing Zelda now. Grabbing Xbox controller. Pray for me.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »

If this catches on (like you guys get through 3 games or something and it seems relatively popular), then I wouldn't mind making a subforum for it!

If so, might I suggest a sticky'd "Yet Another Stupid Death" topic? Just basic screen caps of game overs from appropriate titles, along with the occasional explanation/illustration thereof?

SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 03:08:12 AM »

I've also played and beaten La Mulana, but that's a REALLY good game so I'm totally down for that being next. It's an excellent choice for a shared spoilers format because it really does need them.

The Maze of Galious is another good choice, though La Mulana is better.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 10:18:21 AM »

I think exploratory games (Metroid, Zelda, etc), open-world games, and involved RPGs (Baldur's Gate, Fallout) will probably be best, since they offer the most opportunities for divergence.
cystem glitch
Level 2

wack

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 10:32:03 AM »

I've never played La Mulana, I will join in if it's the next game

You told me, never to limit myself to one style...to use any move that works...TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND!
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »

This thread looks like it's going to be fun, I'll try to participate with the next game (hopefully I'll have internet set back up then).
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2012, 04:39:33 PM »

I think exploratory games (Metroid, Zelda, etc), open-world games, and involved RPGs (Baldur's Gate, Fallout) will probably be best, since they offer the most opportunities for divergence.
we could play one of paradox's "grand strategy" games. hearts of iron 3 would be cool, ive had that sitting on my hdd forever and havent really given it a try.

but i guess the learning curve is too steep for this thread esp for people unfamiliar with the genre. :/
Dragonmaw
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »

we have a number of paradox fans (me, crowe, PF come to mind)

we could all choose one country and play it for a week and see what choices we make

but if we play it has to be crusader kings or eu3
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic