Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 05:33:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkSeeking pixel artist for Zelda-like adventure game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Seeking pixel artist for Zelda-like adventure game  (Read 1960 times)
nickgravelyn
« on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:48 AM »

UPDATE: Please see the latest message for the details.

I'm currently making a small-ish Zelda-like adventure game inspired by Link to the Past and Link's Awakening for PC/Mac/Linux. I'm currently drawing all the placeholder art but I'm quickly reaching a point where I'd like to bring in an artists and get better art made for the game. The game uses 16x16 pixel tiles and is sized fairly close to the resolution of Link's Awakening (my game is natively 174x164, scaled up by 1-5x depending on user preference).

An interested artist would be responsible for all the artwork in the game, including UI and menus. The plan is to have a small town, a castle, six distinct dungeons, and a final mountain tower for the end, in addition to around 6-8 small monsters and 8 boss battles. The boss battles will likely use "segmented sprites" (not sure the term) like some Zelda bosses where the boss is multiple sprites that move relative to each other to give a larger scale and more fluid motion. The tile maps support animated tiles for things like torches on the wall or water tiles, so some amount of animation will be desired to add life and movement to the scenes.

Currently the style is pretty derivative of Zelda games due to my lack of art skills, so I would like an artist to try a few different styles to try and establish the game with a unique art style. For reference here are a few screenshots showing off the glorious programmer art (click for full size)

For the work I have a budget I can spend out of pocket and am willing to offer revenue share, all depending on what any interested artist and myself come to agreement on.

If this sounds interesting to you, please shoot me an email ([email protected]) and we can discuss further. Please include examples of your pixel art in your email.

Cheers!
Coffee
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:27:43 AM by nickgravelyn » Logged
Moromis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 09:27:12 PM »

An email has been sent.  Smiley

Live 3-6 PST

Mai sounds

Mai arts
nickgravelyn
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2013, 10:39:40 PM »

Thanks, everyone. I've got enough interested artists to choose from at this time.
nickgravelyn
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 09:49:02 AM »

Hello, TIG artists!

My artist had to unfortunately leave the project due to personal issues, so I'm looking for someone new to collaborate with on my game.

The game itself has been pretty transformed since my first post. It's now called Shipwreck and is about a small crew shipwrecked on an island from a terrible storm. As the captain you have to scour the island to retrieve the pieces of your ship to get you and your crew off the island. Still very Zelda inspired but a new theme. We have a little shy of 1/3 of the game's art done, but I think we'll end up at least touching them up to make sure they work with the new artist's style. Here's one screenshot I shared out of the new art for the first dungeon: https://twitter.com/BrushfireGames/status/341706052775059457/photo/1.

I'm looking for someone who wants to collaborate on the game as a partner, more than just a contractor making sprites. I'd like someone to help with story and design elements. I've put more details (and contact info) up on this page: http://brushfiregames.com/artist.html
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:36:48 AM by nickgravelyn » Logged
nickgravelyn
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2013, 04:38:21 PM »

Thanks for all the emails. I'm no longer in need of the artist, so consider the position filled. Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic