Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411636 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 13, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRothschild: The Sheep Will Wake
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Rothschild: The Sheep Will Wake  (Read 1313 times)
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2015, 09:43:12 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm here to start this devlog which hopefully will lead to something awesome, if it isn't already Wink

Rothschild is a new take on the horror genre brought to you by LoudPak Studios, which includes two persons (My hardcore working mate Epicity, and me).

With it, we intend to create a huge experience for all the horror games lovers. Onwards we go!

Rothschild: The Sheep Will Wake

You play the role of Jordan Baker, an investigative journalist sent to Littletown, OH to investigate the mysterious illness of Kane Rothschild.
Unfortunately enough, this rabbit hole just doesn't seem to end...

-----------------------------------------------------------

"We've all heard the saying about the wolves and the sheep, and of course, the wolves in sheep clothing. But, what about the sheep herders of the world Mr. Baker? You see, the shepherd has a divine purpose if you will. The job of the shepherd is to guide his sheep away from danger, and if he does this, he lives, he trades, he eats...

But, What does the shepherd do when his sheep are blind and the wolves run rampant?!

Simply put Mr. Baker, he starves, and i'm afraid in this scenario you are indeed the starving shepherd...
" ~Kane Rothschild

-----------------------------------------------------------

Updates
- 07/04/2015 -
- 07/31/2015 -

Teaser (Coming real soon!)

Keep an eye on the game's progress through

IndieDB - Twitter - Website (soon!)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:33:49 AM by devMidgard » Logged
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2015, 09:48:13 AM »

07/04/2015

As I mentioned in the summary welcome to our first official development log! From now on we'll be posting weekly updates in a similar fashion to this devlog. Each devlog will contain screenshots, gifs, or even videos along with general information regarding our current progress. With that said a TON of work has been done this week and I'm very excited to show everyone! Smiley

New Content:
~ Added Motel building to LittleTown scene (screenshots below)

~ Added various furniture for both the motel and homes

~ Added various vegetation and foliage

~ Added hiding system (GIF below)

~ Added interaction system (GIF below)

~ The trigger system has been started

~ Added footsteps for various textures

Improved Content:
~ Vastly improved the lighting throughout the scene

~ Added slight blue tint to the game

~ Added ambient light to the flashlight to improve objects at close range

~ Added and optimized fog

~ Vastly improved the landscape and hows it was sculpted (mountains are less intense, everything looks more natural)

~ Improved roads

Discussed Content:
~ More homes, a hospital, a bank, an estate, and more

~ Various purchasable light sources

~ Trigger system to allow for our D.H.S(Dynamic Horror System)

~ We also plan to make the hotel act as a "home base" (this doesn't mean its safe though). This would allow players to piece together clues, change clothes, save, etc etc

~ Our website is currently in development and should be up and running next week Smiley

~ A teaser trailer is currently being planned out and should be present no later than the 16th.

Media:
(Front of the motel)

(Motel Common Area)

(Sneak peak into a motel room)

(Interaction System)

(Hiding)

Well, that's all the work we have to show for this week Smiley As we've said a ton has been done over the last 7 days and things are really starting to pick up! Keep an eye out for the teaser trailer and more updates to come!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:34:02 AM by devMidgard » Logged
auroraaa
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:56:09 PM »

Looks great so far!

That's also a funky way of holding a flashlight   Hand Clap Tongue

auroraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Eniimal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2015, 02:38:09 AM »

It seems to be an excellent start, I really like the dynamics lights.

And I agree with auroraaa that's a really special way to hold a flashlight Smiley

devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 07:30:37 AM »

07/31/2015

Hello again! We've just written an update on indiedb, so now it's turn for our devlog here in tigsource!

Rotshchild is progressing nicely, althought I've been working less on it because of real life but my mate Epicity continues on working with it and is working really hard to compensate what I can't work on until I get back up!

Welcome to
Rothschild's Devlog #2 - Teaser Update

We're very excited to announce our second official update! With this update not only a teaser but many, many improvements as well! Smiley So we'll just shut up and get right into it!

New Content:
~Added "The Estate" within Littletown

~Added various houses & stores within the town

~Added various Props, and overall decoration to the town

~Added a lake to the town, complete with a creepy, lone lake house

~Added multiple camera effects

~The framework for the trigger system is now in place Smiley

~Began work on the hospital interior

~Our website is currently up and running here

~Completed first

Smiley

Improved Content:
~Vastly improved the lighting throughout the scene once again

~Modified the tinting effect on the camera

~Modified and added several camera effects including D.O.F.

~Improved overall interaction system (easier to grab things)

Media:

Without much more I'll leave you again and come back on the next update!

@Eniimal & @auroraaa thankyu so much for the comments! I couldn't respond quicker but thanks for the feedback regarding the way the character is holding the flashlight, we will surely fix it, as the character is more or less placeholder art!
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 04:56:01 PM »

What's up ladies and gentlemen!  Gentleman

That has been a long time since the last update. Well since then we decided to make a little demo (that will be aired soon) and to enter Greenlight too. We've been working really hard to put together a good demo, and the work has reported for at least 15 minutes of gameplay (knowing exactly what to do, where are things, etcetera). There's still some things to polish and that's why we haven't launched the demo, BUT it will be out shortly and will act as a boost on greenlight if we get stuck!

We are also thinking of making a Kickstarter Funding Campaign. But we'll talk more about this in the near future.

So thing is, it's really late here on Barcelona already and I've just submitted the game on Greenlight, the link as follows (+ trailer showing the demo!).

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/browse/?browsefilter=mostrecent&appid=765&browsesort=mostrecent

Thank you so much for the support! Will be back as soon as we air the demo  Coffee
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »

Hello! We have started sending out demos, our greenlight has been stuck for days and we're just 85% to top 100, I guess that means we just need a last push!

Anyways we've got this youtuber to play it and we've had some real fun watching it, please check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC4mEFw2wMM&feature=youtu.be&a
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 10:46:50 PM »

Good morning! Just waked up with the great news that we've been Greenlit, after 18 days I think!

The day has started really good Smiley
Eniimal
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 04:57:04 AM »

Congratulations !

I'm happy to read that you were Greenlighted !

vasu
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 02:50:20 PM »

I've been lurking on the Greenlight page and that's what brought me here. Congrats once again !
devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 11:15:53 PM »

Yes! Thanks to everyone who voted, we got Greenlit a few days ago! Now the path to Steam is almost cleared! (Yeah, by almost I'm talking about paper work, which makes me sad).

I'm also here for those who keep interested on the game. We've just launched a little Kickstarter Campaign to help us get some of the money that will go straight to the artists (because our game sucks with placeholder art) and voice actors for the first chapter which should be released for the day of Halloween!

Here's a link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/loudpakstudios/rothschild-the-sheep-will-wake?ref=nav_search

Now onto speaking of our Greenlight Experience:

To be honest, we were very anxious of seeing if we would make it on Greenlight, we are very passionate about this project and its features, that should in fact renew the Horror genre. We also knew there is a hell of a lot of Horror games in the market, but that was just another reason to get in this and put out something different with a great atmosphere!

Our first day of Greenlight was pretty good, we were in a cloud thinking about all the things we accomplished and how well the game was being accepted by the community!

Screenshot:

The fact that we grew up quickly on the first days was indeed powered by being on the front page of Greenlight, that really helps a lot. On the second day we still experienced a good growth on it, we still were on the fron page and people could reach the game easily and leave a vote, it was a dream!

Screenshot:

BUT all dreams collapse from one moment to another, and after the third  or fourth day we lost contact with the world! We basically got stuck! No more growth, in fact, we lost some positions, I remember that pain.

All these days along we started sending a few demos to small/medium press aswell as some little youtubers. Just to help us reach a bit of more visits! It didn't help much, because well, we didn't get much press coverage (we got an article, I think, but not more than one!), but even then with this pain of being stuck, a little youtuber did a gameplay video which we LOVED, we had real fun watching it and it was a really great experience, this was some of the first times someone played a game I programmed! What an experience, man.

So I came here and shared that youtube link, which I hope you guys liked too!

As we didn't get enough visits and we were freaking anxious about the whole thing, we partnered with a Spanish website to do a giveaway for a few copies and some discounts for when the game launched. The Spanish website was a pretty good decision, with it we reached this position:

We were just focused on hitting the top 100, we just worried about that, only that EXCLUSIVELY THAT.

But THAT was wrong. Why? Well, we thought until you got to top 100 you would get Greenlit, or something.

I was wrong! We hit that number and it was a real pleasure to be in that position, it was freaking awesome. But we were still anxious, to know when we were getting lit, because, you know. We were doing OKAY!

A few days passed by, we carried on and accepted the possibility of not being greenlit that week, and we started thinking about that Kickstarter campaign that would take advantage of the visits flux of the giant website. And we continued working on the game to get ourselves there.

Then boom:

WE GOT GREENLIT! That goal was accomplished. We were really happy! But then, we started facing our fears: The artist that was working with us left us and we needed him. He was crucial for the whole game to take shape! So we thought, as we didn't launch the Kickstarter yet. We could just go ahead and ask for some money, so we could hire an environment and character artists and continue paying the Voice acting, so we could add a lot of content to the first chapter that will ever be public!

And the adventure continues, we're on our first day (of 16) on our Kickstarter campaign. And we seek your support!

Again thanks a lot for the Greenlight votes, people! You are great Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic