Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411633 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 05:35:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsVirZOOM: VR That Moves You
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: VirZOOM: VR That Moves You  (Read 1746 times)
jackterror
Level 0

I make Game Trailers, Market & Develop Video Games

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2015, 08:55:12 AM »

I am excited to let you all know about this awesome game from a startup indie, VirZOOM!!!
The team is working on a TON of games at the same time, and we will be tracking the progress here.
All feedback and comments are welcome and appreciated
 Grin

VirZOOM creates thrilling VR experiences powered by you. Pedal your VirZOOM Controller to propel yourself through endlessly
exciting VR games. Integrated sensors measure your pedaling speed and action buttons on the handlebars provide advanced gameplay. 
Be the horse in a race, a tank in battle, a fire-breathing dragon through mountains. Patent pending software controls keep you feeling good.
A workout without the work.

VirZOOM currently develops our own VR experiences.  Our objective is to create fun, addicting arcade-style games that motivate users
to pedal.  The faster you pedal in the real world, the faster you go in the virtual world.

How Do I VirZOOM? With your VirZOOM Dongle plugged into a USB port of your PC or PS4, launch the VirZOOM Active Play game app,
take your VZ Controller out of the closet, carry it to your PC or PS4, unfold it, sit on the seat, put on your Oculus or Morpheus, and start
pedaling your way through fantastical game worlds.

VirZOOM currently supports all major HMD’s (Oculus Rift, Sony Morpheus, Valve Vive)
We plan to support mobile options when they support position tracking.

We are currently internally testing 2 games, and in the early stages of development on 2 others.
We will go into them and all our games in more detail, and give dev updates moving forward.
We would love your feedback!!!

Plz follow us on the Twitter and the FB!  Gomez
Twitter: @VirZoom
Facebook: VirZOOM
Subscribe for Email Update

I make Game Trailers, Market & Develop
Video Games ◕‿◕ 10 year WB Games Vet, CMO
Bit Fry Games, Founder of Cap And Cut.
Bit Fry Game Studios
Ultimate Rivals
Cap And Cut
Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 10:14:46 AM »

Yup, propcycle was dope  Smiley

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

jackterror
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 07:26:35 PM »

Yup, propcycle was dope  Smiley

Kiss Kiss Kiss

Bit Fry Game Studios
Ultimate Rivals
Cap And Cut
jackterror
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 11:37:14 AM »

UPDATE 1: 09/09/15

Every Wednesday for #indiedevhour we will be featuring a different game we are developing for our controller!

Stampede

Stampede is the first game VirZOOM is offering to users.  Stampede is an introductory level that keeps the user on flat ground and allows
them to gradually learn how to move through VirZOOM worlds using their own two feet.  The level is based off of racing and catching other
horses and also teaches you to turn and avoid objects (like other horses pooping, which causes you to slip and slide, and monstrous elephants trunks, that try to knock you off track).

VirZOOM  currently develops our own VR experiences.  Our objective is to create fun, addicting arcade-style games that motivate users
to pedal.  The faster you pedal in the real world, the faster you go in the virtual world.

How Do I VirZOOM? With your VirZOOM Dongle plugged into a USB port of your PC or PS4, launch the VirZOOM Active Play game app,
take your VZ Controller out of the closet, carry it to your PC or PS4, unfold it, sit on the seat, put on your Oculus or Morpheus, and start

VirZOOM currently supports all major HMD’s (Oculus Rift, Sony Morpheus, Valve Vive)

We love your feedback!!!

Bit Fry Game Studios
Ultimate Rivals
Cap And Cut
jackterror
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 09:39:21 AM »

UPDATE 2: 09/16/15

Every Wednesday for #indiedevhour we will be featuring a different game we are developing for our controller!

Camino Pegaso

Become a Pegasus in this multi-level exploratory game with roads and hidden treasures through a giant canyon. Apples give you
the energy to fly shortcuts and reach tall peaks!

We created the Pegasus game as an extension from the Stampede level.  This game includes all the fun gameplay from Stampede
and chasing animals on flat ground, and also introduces the user to flying and a more challenging terrain.  This slow progression is
essential for the user to acclimate themselves with VirZOOM and VR.  Pegasus shows off the best elements of VirZOOM and allows
you to freely explore an exhilarating landscape.  Look out for coins on the top of mountains – and make sure you eat enough fruit to
have enough energy to get there!

VirZOOM  currently develops our own VR experiences.  Our objective is to create fun, addicting arcade-style games that motivate users
to pedal.  The faster you pedal in the real world, the faster you go in the virtual world.

We love your feedback!!!

Bit Fry Game Studios
Ultimate Rivals
Cap And Cut
jackterror
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 01:07:28 PM »

UPDATE 3: 09/17/15

For #ThrowbackThursday we want to talk about the development of our controller!

VirZOOM Controller

VirZOOM started in its infancy as sensors that you could attach to any bike on a trainer in your own home. 
We loved the ability for  users to utilize existing equipment (bikes) and “customize their own rig”.  We got
awesome feedback on the way VirZOOM made people feel – but the preconceived muscle memory from riding
bikes in combination with the cognitively recognized motion from VR was difficult for some users.  In the real
world, when you take a turn at full speed, you lean into it.  When in a VR experience that makes you feel like
you are going around a turn fast, but you are really stationary, that can be a problem!!! We decided to pivot
(suprising for a startup, we know…) and use a stationary bike with integrated sensors measuring speed + action
buttons on handlebars in conjunction with the position tracking offered by VR HMD’s.  Now, by leaning to the
left or right, and holding onto stationary handle bars, you can steer in virtual worlds without any issue.  In addition,
we were able to produce stationary bikes (VirZOOM Controllers) with integrated sensors for less than the cost of
a trainer!  We are excited to show off our prototype VirZOOMs in the coming months.

VirZOOM  currently develops our own VR experiences.  Our objective is to create fun, addicting arcade-style games that motivate users

We love your feedback!!!

Bit Fry Game Studios
Ultimate Rivals
Cap And Cut
Pages: [1]