Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 08:32:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsJack the Reaper
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 76
Print
Author Topic: Jack the Reaper  (Read 334958 times)
rdein
« Reply #320 on: March 09, 2012, 08:43:31 AM »

i mentioned the pxtone for game maker dll could have some problems in some people's computers and that's something you'd want to avoid.

the audio problems i mentioned are not really related to "not playing".
you can get a song to play in game maker fine, dll or not. but game maker is retarded in many ways, and you have to be careful with loading/freeing songs otherwise they'll get stuck in the memory and ugly things will happen eventually. that's why i recommend you use a memory cleaning dll (cleanmem, it's free and the best thing ever made for gm) and be careful on the audio playing stuff.

also supersound dll doesnt lag when looping music (i use it, and it doesnt lag. my computer is like 20 years old, have that in mind)

of course you are a programming tadpole like many of us and this may not make any sense to you until you decide that you HAVE to fix it when someone tells you that your game crashed because you didn't code the things to make it not crash and then i guess it crashed man
Shiny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 09, 2012, 10:32:08 AM »

Yeah, I'm getting the same problem as I did before.
I downloaded the PxTone DLL things, tested them out, followed each of your instructions, and it still doesn't play any music. I took one song and saved it as a pttune file, then put it in the same folder as the game. nothing. It just doesn't play the music. The example worked, and I copied everything from that into this, and changed "bridge.pttune" to the title of my own test song, and it just doesn't work. I'm using Gamemaker 8.0 pro as well.
You replaced the included pxtone.dll, right? I just went through the same steps and it worked fine after doing so.

It could easily be some other (unknown) problem, though.

i mentioned the pxtone for game maker dll could have some problems in some people's computers and that's something you'd want to avoid.
My experience with the DLL is quite limited and I wasn't aware of any problems with it before now, but this is definitely something to consider.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 10, 2012, 05:10:51 AM »

Code:
for object Secret_TEMPLATE:

Unexisting room number: -1

uhh yeah
also Bomb +sheild + bullet =  TANK JACK I love this form so much sucks that I lost it.
I was wondering will there be a OST for this game?
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: March 10, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »

Ah, sorry about that. As I warned before, do not try to enter any bonus stages that don't have stage names yet. they don't exist, and the game will crash.

As for the triple ability, of course you're not supposed to be able to do that! I need to make some sort of failsafe that prevents this from happening, since having multiple abilities stacked into one slot can cause some problems.

Oh, and of course there will be an OST.
You mean releasing it as a seperate thing, right? Sure, I can do that. I did it for my last game.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 02:04:18 PM by Rakugaki-Otoko » Logged

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 11, 2012, 11:21:01 AM »

Ah, sorry about that. As I warned before, do not try to enter any bonus stages that don't have stage names yet. they don't exist, and the game will crash.

As for the triple ability, of course you're not supposed to be able to do that! I need to make some sort of failsafe that prevents this from happening, since having multiple abilities stacked into one slot can cause some problems.

Oh, and of course there will be an OST.
You mean releasing it as a seperate thing, right? Sure, I can do that. I did it for my last game.
I say keep it as a feature so far during the fun run I had with it nothing screw up and the game didn't break down when I played the next stage/level with it.
if only I combined the dig with this also.

edit: I just remember how I got this, I think you might make a failsafe for bomb so that when it touches any other power up it merges both to the bomb combo (E.)seeing how every other power up touching any other doesn't seem to have this effect.

edit: okay 3/11 here what I got so far,
Bomb bugged for collision detection is off, everything else is okay in fact I think the game just stores the soul on top and so far I got Rang+shield+Speed to work and bullet+shield+dig no game crashing or breaking. Is it wrong that I'm having fun with the infinite soul combination Tears of Joy

gas speed bullet takes the speed bullet combination but causes the bullets to explode into a gas.
throwing Rang into it the mix makes it flaming balls of fire that poof out.
So far I'm compiling screenshots of all the massive combinations
Funny thing is all these soul combinations doesn't save me from screwing up and dying from a stray bullet or collision, or pits from precision Jumping segments which having the speed soul makes this even harder.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:19:49 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: March 28, 2012, 01:04:57 AM »

I promise that I'm still working on this game and making progress.
It's been a hard couple of weeks, and I've had to go in for overtime at work because allergies have been kicking my butt recently, and I keep staying home sick. Among other things.
I'll try to post some more updates whenever I get time.

Conker534
« Reply #326 on: March 28, 2012, 06:20:01 AM »

I'm so excited for this game. I love the character design. :D
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: March 28, 2012, 12:57:12 PM »

Thank you very much! I'm very happy so far with the characters!

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 28, 2012, 01:03:26 PM »

Thank you very much! I'm very happy so far with the characters!
i'm very happy with you. i think you're great and excellent, and hope that you feel the same (about yourself, i mean)
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: March 28, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »

I do! Thank you, Joe!
I suppose I should show what I'm workin on right now, at least.

It doesn't look like much, but I think it's going to be very nice.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: April 18, 2012, 02:26:38 PM »

I'm at the penultimate level. I have one thing floating in my mind why is this level so empty of land. First couple of stages dominated by aerial monsters but lacks so much ground you can easily fall and lose your powerups(or get bombarded by creatures and not have enough health to tackle the ). all them power ups.  Hand Shake Left Epileptic Hand Shake Right 6 different types of souls gone. I'm amazed that the game can stack all these power ups on top of each other with out any side effects outside of bomb collision detection error.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #331 on: April 18, 2012, 03:30:15 PM »

I'm sorry, I really have trouble understanding your posts, Rumrusher. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: April 19, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »

I love all the work you have done so far. And I can't wait to see how this is going to be in the end. Keep up the good work.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 19, 2012, 06:37:38 PM »

I'm sorry, I really have trouble understanding your posts, Rumrusher. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
Sorry, kinda rambled but remember the second to last level with the robot snake minions well I'm stuck on that part. If I get past that level I would be on the final boss which I guess takes place on the moon?
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #334 on: April 19, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »

Robot Snake Minions? Could you tell me the name of the stage you're on? and if you're playing the most recent demo of the game?
The robot snake minions you're talking about are probably enemies I'm thinking of that appear only in stages on ground level. Have you gotten to any stages in the caves or cliffs yet?

The second to last level takes place underwater, and the final level is mostly purple. I'm not sure if you're talking about what I think you're talking about.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: April 19, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »

Robot Snake Minions? Could you tell me the name of the stage you're on? and if you're playing the most recent demo of the game?
The robot snake minions you're talking about are probably enemies I'm thinking of that appear only in stages on ground level. Have you gotten to any stages in the caves or cliffs yet?

The second to last level takes place underwater, and the final level is mostly purple. I'm not sure if you're talking about what I think you're talking about.
mare nubium aka the final level next to the boss. Floating rainbow snakes and perfect jumping.

1. with all those power ups this section boils down to if I can kill the rainbow snakes before they circle around me and chip health away. with out all those power ups it's a mad dash leading to death by pits.
2. never got here without power ups but pretty much safe section to catch your breath from jumping and praying and deal with non destructible sentries which are easy to avoid. glad you gave me health here because...
3. Is the room right after 2 where you throw in new enemies that home into you. Hell I didn't have enough time to move from the spot I was on before this thing kill me.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:50:36 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: April 19, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »

ohhhh, ok. I didn't think of those enemies as snakes. my bad. Yes, that's the final stage, so it's supposed to be the most difficult.
Oh, and in response to something you said earlier, there are 10 different ability types, not 6.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: April 19, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »

ohhhh, ok. I didn't think of those enemies as snakes. my bad. Yes, that's the final stage, so it's supposed to be the most difficult.
Oh, and in response to something you said earlier, there are 10 different ability types, not 6.
well I kinda had 6 on me. I guess 9 or 10 is that black soul that pops up.
Raku
Level 10

Dream's Bell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: April 19, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »

Oh, no. there are 10 legitimate abilities that you can get in the game. Those black ones are a level-specific obstacle and don't count toward the 10 that I mentioned.
Once I upload the new demo, you'll be able to see in the shop what they are.

As for that third thing you mentioned in your previous post, did the homing enemy have a red X on it? Try getting to him again and see what he does before you try anything.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2012, 08:16:13 AM »

Okay I found out what was the cause of my death on the last screen on the last level. I panic over the ghosts with x on them forgetting that there was enemies that shot at you.
 Have to say I found out using dig(or remembering that I had dig) in the final level help alot. Finally completed the game and will start playing around the previous levels though beating the final boss just sends you to a blue screen.
edit: Okay here some news you can save your game if you go back to an old level that saves it. Though I don't know how it's triggered but I guess it has to do with each boss has a 1 save and that save slot will refresh if you beat another boss(reach another save point).
edit: Wait home run gives you an extra hit point?!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:04:40 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 76
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic