Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 02:39:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignGame designing in your dreams
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Game designing in your dreams  (Read 6715 times)
iffi
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2011, 07:43:41 PM »

tergem's post tells me he needs to Google "Touhou" immediately.
For the rainbows (and arguably the happy music, depending on how happy you mean), you'd have to turn to Robot Unicorn Attack, unless you count rainbow-colored bullet patterns as rainbows. Speaking of which, what would RUA crossed with Touhou be like? Crazy
Edit:

Nix
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2011, 09:02:41 PM »

I can only remember a single occasion where I actually got a design from my dreams that I remembered when I woke up, but I've completely forgotten what it was by now. I was really interested in lucid dreaming for a little while because I thought it would be a great opportunity to explore some hidden creativity within myself, but then I watched Inception and got freaked out about lucid dreaming screwing up my perception of reality. Probably a good call. I'm disconnected from reality enough as it is.
Coz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 09:45:11 AM »

I rarely do actual design during dreams, but it happens. When it does, it's mostly about small details that had me stumped.

However, it happens somewhat frequently that just after I wake up, I come all of sudden with the solution to a design / programming problem, or that I make up some mechanic for a game.

And finally, I have weird dreams. Some of my dreams can be translated into game mechanics, so I write them down right after I wake up before forgeting them. 2 of the 3 game biggest game ideas that I want to make some day, came out of this.
Supermini_man
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 01:12:09 PM »

I had a dream where I did a car game that had a song that would make the persons watching the game very melancholic. I had someone random watching me playing it, and after some two laps she asked why I hated her or something like that.

I have no plans to do such game. And never will.  Epileptic
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:17:18 PM by Manuel Magalhães » Logged
Tumetsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 01:41:01 PM »

I had a dream where I did a car game that had a song that would make the persons watching the game very melancholic. I had someone random watching me playing it, and after some two laps she asked why I hated her or something like that.

Sounds like a good partygame then. Or "social-gaming" :D

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »

Some serious (mood-wise, realistic future) RPG where the final dungeon involves more sneaking than fighting and the "final battle" wasn't really that final.
Supermini_man
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 02:04:01 PM »

Sounds like a good partygame then. Or "social-gaming" :D

"Racingship: The laps of the course that is sadness"
I can see it kill anyone's Facebook friends list, one by oneEvil
Muz
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2011, 06:44:24 AM »

Game designing in my dreams is impossible, because I can never remember my dreams. Maybe some memory like 3 mins after I wake up, but any longer and it's a blur.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 08:03:09 AM »

I've only ever wanted to make my nightmares into games, I've wrote a few down in immaculate detail so I can make them later. (read: when I have a computer)
Nix
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 10:44:44 AM »

Game designing in my dreams is impossible, because I can never remember my dreams. Maybe some memory like 3 mins after I wake up, but any longer and it's a blur.

Dream recall takes practice. If you want to be able to design in dreams at will, you actually have to train your brain to be able to do it.
dantheman363
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 01:27:34 PM »

I can never remember my dreams more than 30 seconds after I wake up. I guess they aren't that vivid enough for me.

Nix
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »

I can never remember my dreams more than 30 seconds after I wake up. I guess they aren't that vivid enough for me.

No, you just need to write them down if you want to remember them. Most people who want to practice dream recall keep dream journals and write down notes about their dreams as soon as they wake up.
SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2011, 12:14:09 AM »

lol, i can generally remember my dreams 30 seconds after waking up. I usually return to them after 10 minutes. My problem is that when i get out of bed, a few hours later, by then i don't remember.

Blue
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 06:09:46 AM »

I tend to either not have or not remember dreams, although I've had a few nice ideas in dreams [that I didn't really continue on], such as a pseudo Shadow of the Colossus except with a faaabulous color scheme [namely pink, yellow and blue].

You know, nightmares would probably make for some interesting games as well and already has; Yume Nikki was more-or-less an ideal mix of nightmare with game.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 07:27:09 AM »

Woa. Had a really weird experience last night. Only half of my brain was sleeping. Quite literally.

I had one eye open and the other half of me was dead asleep. My right side keep falling in and out of lucid dreaming and it was extremely jarring.
I thought I was having a stroke.

What I'm curious about was if it actually happened, or I just had a weird lucid dream that was about ... Being awake on one side of my body.

Sorry, I hope that wasn't too off subject.  Shrug
KittenEater
Level 1

NYEEEAAUUUGH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »

One time I had a dream I was using Game Maker and photos of myself cosplaying to recreate Cave Story.

Hehehe.

EEEEEEEGH
SplinterOfChaos
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 03:54:53 PM »

What I'm curious about was if it actually happened, or I just had a weird lucid dream that was about ... Being awake on one side of my body.

'I dreamt I was a butterfly.

I couldn't tell if I was dreaming, but when I woke
I was I and not a butterfly.

Was I dreaming that I was a butterfly?

Or was the butterfly dreaming that it was me?

Even if there's a difference between the butterfly and I
the distinction isn't absolute.

And there is no relationship of cause and effect.

-Soshi, a Japanese poet

tzachs
Level 1

Look normal...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 03:58:11 PM »

-Soshi, a Japanese poet

mind = blown  Shocked

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »

-Soshi, a Japanese poet

mind = blown  Shocked

Yup, good stuff.
So.. I finally had the weird lucid creative consciousness stuff again last night. Scared me, being awake and thinking without moving, strange sensations in my body. I kept fearing that some freak of consciousness would kill me.. gotta remember it's all in the mind when I do the dreaming, otherwise I end up sleeping on my face (lucid stuff doesn't happen) and then my neck hurts in the morning. Will try for tonight. I was thinking about programming / game design as I went to sleep.

destiny is truth pre-op
Supermini_man
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »

Yeah, sometimes when I'm entering into a lucid dream I try to wake myself, I'm get afraid if the dream gets scary. The last lucid dream I interrupted started like the intro in BIT. TRIP BIT, with me as Commander Video (I think I also saw a bit of Pong happening).  Droop
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic