Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 12:18:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMis-orbit
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Mis-orbit  (Read 1071 times)
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2013, 03:37:08 AM »

Today I woke up and felt like doing something after being idle for so long. The whole thing took about 2 hours and it was very fun, I'm planning on adding PvP multiplayer

It's called Mis-orbit. The goal is to get more pellets than your opponent in a limited amount of time. The reason it's called Mis-orbit is because while testing I found out that the vehicles look like they are orbiting the pellets but they have to hit it, not orbit it

Here's the link to the current version, it lacks lacks an ending but still should provide information on how it works;

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iz227hcccnlcz16 (8KB, not a virus, I promise)
JLJac
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 04:21:40 AM »

Pretty fly for two hours! I like the colors. Had some trouble understanding the controls, as the craft is only two pixels (of which one is outside the screen if you're stuck in the spawning corner) I didn't really understand that it was rotating. Then the AI wooped me. How does the AI work?

Still, at this point it's too shallow to be interesting for any amount of time - which is to be expected after two hours of development. Give it a few hours more!
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 04:40:44 AM »

Oh crap I forgot, well you use up arrow to accelerate and left/right to rotate

The AI get better rotation speed therefore better precision over time. Its speed is constant but when further away from the pellet it accelerates slower and faster when closer. This causes it to get more pellets when pellets are close together as it loses less speed

The hardness is a problem I face with my games all the time. I get used to the game and can predict how the AI will react or make strategies so it isn't too hard for me
Paul Jeffries
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 11:08:02 AM »

When I try and run it I get:

"Could not find the main class: Display.  Program will exit."

I'm not quite sure why - if I open up the .jar file I see Display.class staring back at me.  Any ideas?

www.vitruality.com | SPARTAN - Small Pixel Art Animator and procedural tile generator
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2013, 07:48:49 PM »

Curious...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic